How did 3 become 4 again?

(Sort of a continuation of Triple 'W' duo)

TAYLOR POV

Adam and I were just home from our first doctor's appointment for the new baby. After over 13 years it was definitely weird to be back in my obstetrician's exam room being asked the same questions again. Since I was older this time around (I was in my mid 40s...not really at my prime anymore I guess) the doctor had labelled it high risk, meaning we were going to have more appointments and I would have to be a little more careful. Once the preliminary tests were done and the doctor started doing the scan, another potentially high risk element was identified.

There were two of them.... Two blobs.... Two separate sacks.... Twins.

When the doctor pointed this out, both our jaws dropped. Two?

It wasn't as if we didn't feel like we would be able to cope, but it was more just the shock of having two babies at our ages. Adam was 52 this coming year and I was 46. It took a few minutes of the doctor wittering on about something or other for the shock to wear off. I looked over at Adam and his face suddenly broke into a huge grin. I always found it amazing how excited he was about babies and kids in general, like more excited than I would get. It was really cute and he was an absolutely amazing father.

"Should we tell the kids?" Adam asked as we sat on the sofa.

"Probably.... I don't know about you but this isn't something I can keep a secret from them for long." I replied, drawing patterns on the palm of his hand as I leaned against him.

"Well they pranked us into telling them you were pregnant.... How about we surprise them somehow...but like not an obvious thing." Adam suggested.

"YES! That's incredible!" I squealed slightly. For 2 adults, with 2 teenagers and 2 babies on the way, we were basically still little kids at heart.

DANNY POV

"I hate this...like with a passion." Ali said as we sat in traffic getting home.

We were literally 2 minutes from home but had been sitting here for a while. I loved the fact that Ali could drive me to and from school now, partly because it was way less embarrassing than mom or dad and partly because it meant I got to control the music, much to her despair sometimes.

"Let's have a car seat dance off!" I suggested.

It was a game Ali had invented a few years ago when we were bored the way to school. Basically we would choose a song for the other person and they had to dance as much as possible to the song in 10 seconds. Usually we would film each other and then compare later on, but sometimes we would just do it for fun.

"Sure.... wait, traffic's moving. Sorry bud, maybe next time." Ali said, starting to drive again and pulling into our road pretty much immediately. We were LITERALLY next to the house in traffic.

"I'm holding you to that." I told her, smiling as we were waved through by security and Ali parked next to dad's range rover in the driveway.

We got our stuff out of the car and walked towards the door, only stopping briefly to open the door, as we both headed straight to the kitchen to get food after a long day. We dumped our bags in the hallway at the bottom of the stairs and got snacks and drinks out, sitting at the breakfast bar to eat.

"Weaird that mom and dad haven't come in yet.... I hope the appointment went okay." I said, as I ate an oatmeal cookie.

"Oh yeah, shit that was today." Ali said, her eyed going wide.

"No swearing young lady." I said, mimicking dad's accent and making us both crack up.

"Well I'm not going upstairs to find them; we've made that mistake before." Ali said raising her eyebrows, reminding me of the time, not that long ago, when we basically walked in on our parents.... or at least she did.

"Nah, never going to risk it. Do you want to watch TV for a bit? It's Friday after all and there is a new episode of the new Grey's Anatomy." I suggested, making Ali's eyes light up.

Grey's Anatomy had been one of mom's favourite shows before we were born and they had just started a spin off or revamped series starring Dr. Zola Grey-Shepherd as the main character.

We didn't realise, as we walked into the living room, that there was a surprise waiting for us.

ALI POV

After a long week and a super busy drive home, all I wanted to do was curl up on the sofa and watch TV and movies. I had handed in 3 essays this week meaning my weekend was free for once, but I just wanted sleep.

Danny and I walking into the living room and spotted an envelope on the table with our names on it.

I looked at Danny, who seemed equally confused. I shrugged and picked up the envelope. Inside were 2 identical ultrasound photos.

"Aww look! It's our new baby brother or sister! That's so cute!" I said as I sat down, looking at the photo and handing the other one to Danny.

"I have no idea what I'm looking at, but it seems cool." Danny said, shrugging a little and grabbing the remote ad starting the episode as I laughed at his nonchalance about the whole thing.

I looked at the back of the photo and saw that it said 'Baby Wiles number 3' which was cute.

"They even wrote on the back!" I said to Danny, who turned his over too.

"Oh yeah, cool! Wiles number 4...wait why number 4? I guess mom isn't really a Wiles..." Danny said, rambling a little as my eyes went wide and I grabbed the photo from him, looking a them both.

"What the hell?" I whispered, seeing the tiny differences between the two photos and then turning them over and looking that the captions. "No..."

"Why'd you take my photo? Give it back!" Danny said, trying to get the photo back and pausing the episode.

"Danny.... I think mom's having twins.... Look at the two pictures and then think about the captions." I told him, still not believing my idea could be real.

"Do you really think so? That's so weird!" Danny said, looking at the photos carefully, "Oh yeah, look it says 'A' on the bottom of this one and 'B' on the bottom of the other one."

"OH MY GOD!" I squealed, jumping up and getting really excited, making Danny laugh at me and then me glare at him, but still not stop myself from being super excited.

"What's going on in here?" I heard Dad say from behind me.

I turned around to find both our parents standing in the doorway, with dad's arm wrapped around mom's shoulders.

"Is it true?" I asked, looking at them expectantly.

"Is what true?" Mom asked, trying to hide her smile, and totally giving it away.

"Are you really having two babies?" Danny asked.

They both nodded, and I started squealing again, and bounced over to them, wrapping them in a massive hug which Danny soon joined in on.

7 MONTHS LATER

TAYLOR POV

"Remind me again why I agreed to 'just one more'? And also how the heck 3 kids became 4?" I asked Adam as we both sat in the nursery at 2am trying to get the babies back to sleep.

Adam chuckled quietly. "When we aren't totally exhausted, it's totally worth it. And it's because you find me irresistible, obviously." He said, smiling at me and making me smile in return.

The twins had been born just under 2 months earlier, a few weeks before I was full term but luckily without any complications. We had found out, to Ali and Danny's delight, quite early on that we were having one girl and one boy, and chose to name them Joshua and Hannah. They were little angels, except when they screamed or somehow both soiled their diapers at exactly the same time.

"Yeah, I guess it is...." I replied, looking down at Josh as I rocked him to sleep again.