Plane and simple

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! xoxoxoxo

I hope everyone is able to enjoy the holiday season with their family and friends. Thanks for always being nice to me and sending me ideas (please keep doing this)!!

For the last 7 days Taylor had been enjoying time with her family in Nashville, but there was someone missing. Adam had flown to Scotland to spend Christmas with his family there and Taylor was really missing him. They spent almost every day since her tour finished together, including a snow filled few days in Colorado just before he left, and when he left it felt like there was always a gap. They had been in basically constant contact while they were apart, but the combination of family commitments and time differences ad made it hard to actually speak rather than just texting and snapchatting.

Today was the 30th and Adam was flying back from Scotland, but going directly to LA before going to Vegas for his New Year's Eve show the next day. Taylor was spending New Years in Nashville with a load of friends, which they had organised almost a year before when she realised she hadn't really ever been there for New Year's since she was a teenager. Deep down she wanted to be in LA and Vegas, but at the same time knew that it was important to spend time with friends and family, and also didn't want to draw attention away from Adam's show. The plans for the next day involved and all day movie marathon/baking day with her friends, followed by her new video being shown for the first time and watching the ball drop on TV. It was going to be really relaxed.

"What's wrong Tay?" Abi asked as they decorated Taylor's apartment for the festivities the next day.

"Hmmm.... oh nothing." Taylor replied, trying her best to smile.

"I've known you for over 10 years Tay, I know that is not your 'okay' face....is it Adam?" Abi asked, getting Taylor to put down her decorations and sit next to her on the couch.

"I guess... He's flying back today but we won't see each other until the 2nd when I head back to LA.... I just feel that I have finally found someone who cares so much about me and who I can actually see being there for me for a very long time.... and it would be so romantic to be able to have that oh-so-perfect midnight kiss... I probably sound super cheesy, like love-struck teenager or something, but I just wish I could." Taylor rambled.

"Then why aren't you? Like, you have a plane and whatever.... It's simple....You could be there." Abi said, shrugging her shoulders as if it was the most obvious thing.

"But I promised you guys I'd be here and we could have a party. Also I don't want to draw attention away from Adam's show...." Taylor said, looking slightly like a deer in the headlights.

"And we are totally going to be so annoyed that you want to spend NYE with your gorgeous man and get yourself a proper midnight kiss to start off another amazing year." Abi said sarcastically, rolling her eyes dramatically.

Taylor laughed slightly, still unsure of it all.

"How about this: I'm sure you can call someone and get tickets for Adam's show, and then we can all – as in everyone who was supposed to be here- get on that party plane of yours and head to Vegas tomorrow evening and surprise your man." Abi suggested.

"I haven't really ever surprised him.... And he surprised me at shows a couple of times this year.... That could work... We could still bake and stuff in the morning and early afternoon and then leave here at about 4PM...." Taylor started to think through it while the smile on her face grew larger and larger. She might actually see Adam on NYE, and the added fun of surprising him was exciting. "Do you think it could work?"

"Duh! You're Taylor Swift! You got Chris Carrabba to come to my birthday party, you got some of the biggest musicians to perform for free at your shows, you are like a superhero! And a free trip to Vegas on New Year's Eve isn't something most people would turn down..." Abi said, also getting excited.