Austin:the great and powerful

TAYLOR POV

I could tell Adam was nervous today. He had only been in Nashville for a day and now he was going to meet my whole family at my parents' house for Easter. Well actually he was just meeting my dad and Austin, since he had met my mom when she was in LA a couple of weeks ago. That meeting had gone very well, with my mum gushing over him for the next few hours after he left.

"You okay there Adam?" I asked him, trying not to laugh as I drove down the familiar roads from my apartment to my parents' house.

"Hmmm.... oh yeah. I'm fine." He replied, his head snapping towards me and a shaky smile making it onto his face.

"If you say so.... You know they aren't going to do anything to you. I promise. I made my mom talk to my dad and to Austin." I told him, "The situation is pretty much that if I'm happy they are happy these days...."

"Yeah...." He said hesitantly, looking out the passenger window.

I was trying my hardest to keep a straight face for the next little while as we drove in silence. Soon I was pulling into my parents' driveway.

"Ready?" I asked him again.

"As ready as I'll ever be." He said smiling slightly.

I leaned over the centre console and gave him a quick kiss.

"Then let's get this show on the road!" I told him, opening my door and sliding out of the car as the front door swung open and my mom stepped out waving at us.

"Adam! It's so good to see you again!" She said as soon as we were wa;lking up the proch steps.

"Nice to see you too mom..." I said sarcastically as she brushed past me and gave Adam a hug, which obviously surprised him slightly.

"Nice to see you too Mrs Swift." He said politely as she stepped back again.

"It's Andrea, dear, not Mrs Swift!" She teased him, having told him the same thing within 5 minutes of meeting him in LA. "Come on in, you two! Scott just went out to get some bread- silly me forgot it yesterday at the store- and Austin is out back. Why don't you both head out there while I finish up in the kitchen?"

"Yeah, sure! Call me if you need any help in the kitchen mom!" I told her as I took Adam's hand and walked through the house to the backyard.

When we got outside I spotted Austin sitting at the garden table with his bare feet up on the table, doing something or other on his phone.

"Hey Austin!" I said as we got closer. I could feel Adam's hand grip mine a little tighter.

"Hey sis." He replied, not even looking up.

"Ahem." I coughed at him, making him look up and spot Adam.

His eyes imperceptibly squinted at Adam before he smiled, swinging his legs off the table and standing up. His eyes widened as he realised he was shorter than Adam, but he recovered quickly.

"Hi. I'm Austin Swift, Taylor's brother. You must be Adam." Austin held out his hand, which Adam let go of my hand to shake.

"Yes. Good to meet you Austin." Adam replied.

"Pull up a couple of chairs!" Austin said, sitting back down on his chair as we pulled over chairs. "So are you ready for our egg hunt later?"

"You bet I am! I even brought comfier clothes to wear!" I replied to him, smirking slightly as he raised his eyebrows.

"Well you're going down Taylor. I'm just the better Swift!" Austin replied, making me stick out my tongue.

I heard a light chuckle from my side and looked over to see Adam smiling at me. I stuck my tongue out at him automatically making him chuckle even more.