Roses are red

TAYLOR POV

14th of February.... And here I was by myself, snuggled under a warm blanket, just waiting for my man to get home. He had been away for a few days in London while I was in LA. I had missed having him around and had a very special evening planned for us with a little surprise.

"Mommy!" I heard echo down the hall.

Ali was almost 2 and a half and ruled the roost most of the time. She got both of our headstrong attitudes in heaps.

I untucked myself from my blanket cocoon and wandered down the hall.

"Yes miss Ali?" I said poking my head through her doorway to find her climbing out of her crib.

She slid back down onto her mattress, smiling at me sweetly as I she hadn't been trying to escape her bed again. We were thinking about converting her bed to a toddler bed soon, but hadn't gotten around to it just yet.

"Hi mommy! It's hearts day?" She told me as I got closer to her bed.

"Yes it is miss Ali! Did you have a good sleep?" I asked her as I got her out and quickly checked and changed her night time diaper to a pull up before we went to the kitchen. "What do you want for breakfast?"

"Hmmm..... O's and sawbewies!" She requested, sitting on her little booster seat attached to one of the barstool seats at the kitchen island.

"Coming right up!" I told her, going to get her Cheerios and strawberries ready in her princess bowl, along with a cup of milk.

"Daddy's not here?" She asked looking around. I had told her that Adam would be back today, and to her that obviously meant that as soon as she woke up he'd be here waiting for her.... but he wasn't getting in till lunchtime.

"Not yet sweetie." I replied, making her pout a little, "But we will get dressed after breakfast and play a little bit and then daddy will be home this afternoon around snack time."

"Okay!" She said happily. She was a pretty easy kid to appease. "You want some?" She offered me some of her food, looking confused as to why I didn't have any food since we usually always had breakfast together.

"I'm okay baby, mommy is just having some tea today, look." I replied, showing her the tea I was drinking, not feeling like much else.

Soon breakfast was finished and we were getting dressed, having chosen a special Valentine's day outfit for Ali last week involving heart covered tights, a while and red striped t-shirt, and a red pinafore dress. I was wearing red jeans and a white sweatshirt that had a red heart on the front of it.

The activity of choice for the morning was cookie decorating. He had baked heart shaped cookies yesterday, and were decorating them this morning. Ali always had a lot of energy, so keeping her busy meant scheduling activities. I couldn't wait till she started preschool in the fall, although I would miss her a lot, but at least she'd be occupied during the days.

ADAM POV

4 days away from my girls was definitely long enough. I missed waking up to Taylor wrapped around me completely and wrapping Alice's cute little ringlets around my fingers as she fell asleep on my lap in the evening. It wasn't that long, we had done longer, but it was still exciting to be going home. On top of finally getting home after a bunch of meetings and radio promotion stuff in the UK, it was also valentine's day. This meant I could spoil both my wife and my little girl in the name of love and romance.

"Hey Tom!" I greeted the driver who usually picked me up at the airport. I drove myself around most of the time, but for airport drop-offs and pick-ups I preferred to have a driver so I wasn't leaving my car while I was away or driving when jet lagged or just tired.