we didn't mean to scare you

September 2015

TAYLOR POV

These were the kinds of days that were few and far between at the moment. Those days when I could just hang out at home and watch TV, sleep, or bake....no shows to perform, no interviews, no need to leave the house.

Of course, the one thing that made these days all the better was Adam. We worked around our schedules to make sure we were both free every so often for a couple of days of calm together. Mainly it would work out best in LA, as it was close to Adam's shows and the weather was mainly good so we could lie out by the pool or whatever. Also Adam had the most amazing house which he had just finished renovating and decorating, with my help of course.

"When are you back in the city?" I asked Adam on the phone from my bedroom in LA. He was in Vegas for the weekend as he had back to back shows, while I had a show on the east coast yesterday (Friday) but was now back in LA for the weekend before my next show.

"Well I have the show now and then one tonight....but I could come back to-oh no I have a show tomorrow early afternoon....um...so tomorrow evening at best babe." He replied, sounding disappointed.

Originally I had planned to spend the weekend in Nashville, but it turned out all my friends were away or busy so I decided to come to LA, forgetting Adam's busy schedule.

"That's fine.....I'll hang out with the cats and write or something." I replied, trying not to sound too down about the situation. The weather wasn't meant to be great this weekend and I had been looking forward to a cosy weekend in.

"How about you have some friends over to mine? There's plenty of space...." He suggested.

"Are you sure it's ok for me to stay here without you? Like it's your house...." I told him.

"100% sure Tay, you can stay there whenever you want." He said, a smile evident in his voice.

We'd sort of discussed in passing the possibility of me moving into the house, but we had only been going out for just over 6 months and I was still really unsure about it. Although I did have a lot of my stuff at the house, as well as the cats having beds and food bowls there.

"Look, I have to go now, but have a great day, ok? I'll see you tomorrow evening." Adam said, snapping me out of my slight daydream.

"Yeah, you too! I'll see you tomorrow. Miss you..." I replied before we said goodbye and he hung up.

So....girls party at Adam's house....this was going to be interesting. First thought was who to invite. Who was in LA?

I sent out a mass message to all my best girlfriends inviting them over for a sort of slumber party. I got positive replies from Gigi, Selena, Sarah, and Emma. Jamie couldn't because of the kids and a couple others were busy with work or were out of town this weekend. They were all curious as to where I had told them to come, having never been to Adam's house before.

Next I got the cats in their carriers and packed myself a weekend bag before heading to get supplies and go to Adam's. I got a bunch of baking ingredients, some drinks, and dinner food.

"Come one in girls!" I exclaim opening the door to let the girls in.

"Hey Tay! So who's is this mansion? Did you buy a new house?" Emma asked straight away, wandering into the large open plan front hall and greeting Olivia, who had wandered in.

"Um....this is Adam's house...." I started

"OH MY GOD! You've moved in with him!!??!!" Sarah squealed and jumped up and down.

"No. No, I haven't....He's away and said I could make use of the house...." I tried to explain.

"But like you've totally added your touches to this place....like look guys- the art and the furniture....totally Taylor right?" Sarah continued, making the rest of us laugh.