Chapter Two Singing

"Come on you twins, it's time to go!" Karen said, yelling at us. Karen calls us twins, because we are always together, and Liam in only three days older than me.

"Paisley, why won't you audition? You are almost as good as me!" he said jokingly.

"Hey! I'm way better than you!" I said punching his arm, "and I don't do that stuff, I want to travel the world."

"Well you could travel the world while on tour for your singing," he said opening the door.

"No way, not for me! Let's get going!" I said leading us out of his room.

We got to the building where Liam was about to sing in front of a lot of people. I was sitting in the crowd with Ruth and Nicola, Liam's sisters. It felt like forever until he was up. Then I got a text message. It was from him.

Liam: I'm singing this one for you! I'm nervous, but you're in the crowd for me!

I just smiled starting to get nervous myself. He was up, he sang "Cry Me a River," and got a standing ovation. I was so proud of him. Once we got back home, I helped him pack up.

I knew that I wasn't going to see him for a while, well since he is an amazing singer, and he would go far. We got in the car to leave, he had boot camp. We are staying in a hotel, but not even near where Liam is going to be staying at. Karen and I are the only ones staying, the rest of his family has other things to do, and they said they will always be watching him on the tele.

"What are you going to pack?" I ask him pulling a suitcase.

"I don't know. Nobody knows how long they are going to be there," he said to me.

"Well, you're going to text me everything that happens, right?" I asked.

"Of course, you are my best friend. I would always tell you new things happening, and what I get to do," he said, "but I won't have much time, so it will be late at night, or in the early morning."

"I know, as long as I hear something from you," I said grabbing a couple of his best shirts.

"I'm going to miss you so much," I said finally clasping the zipper to his suit case shut.

"Yeah, you have no idea, I could be in a house with people I barely know! It will be so different," he said to me.

"Yeah, I hope you go far though, I don't want to go home right now, let alone be home for a while," I said looking down.

"Why, what's going on?" he asked me.

"Mum and Dad are fighting again, I think they are close to ending. If it's true, Dad will be taking me to America with him, I don't want to leave you," I said starting to tear up.

"Hey, they won't do that to you. You'll always be here with me," he said pulling me into a hug.

"Yeah I guess," I said sitting down on his bed, he sat next to me. I rested my head on his shoulder and said, "I'm so happy I have a friend like you. Just promise to never forget about me."

"I would never forget about you, it's like that pact we made a while ago about not lying to each other no matter what. Trust me, nothing can replace my Paisley," he said putting his arm around me, "I'll always take care of you, I'll never hurt you, no matter what."

The radio was turned on, while we were racing in a video game. "Oh my gosh Liam! It's Viva La Vida! I love this song so much!" I screamed pausing the game, getting up, and turning up the radio.

"Yeah, just like you love songs that relate to you, I know you Pais," he said laughing, "now come on, I have to beat you!"

"Liam, you've only beat me once, but that was because I was sick!" I said laughing starting the game. Two minutes quickly passed by. "And winner again!" I said dropping the controller to the ground.

"How do you do that?" he asked.

"I don't try," I said jumping onto the bed. "Liam, I need to go and pack. Will you come with me, or else I will come back here in tears," I said standing up at the door.

"Why wouldn't I?" he said smiling.

***************************************************************************************************************

"See what I mean, they won't stop!" I said setting down my suitcase with all the others.

"Yeah, come on, I know what can cheer you up!" he said smiling running to his room.

"Let me guess, Toy Story?" I questioned.

"You're too smart!" he said putting the movie in.

"I just know you too well!" I said laying down on the bed with a blanket over me, then we finally fell asleep. I always felt protected when I was with Liam it made me relaxed.

Vote & Comment