Chapter Forty-Four School

I boared my plane after saying bye to Maria and Bailey. Then I was home. Aunt Maggie picked me up from the airport. She told me how lonely it was in the house without her, and that reporters showed up. I ignored that, I'm ignoring it from now on. I wanted to see Dad, but he was on another business trip. So I called Sophie.

(Sophie's P.O.V)

I can't wait for Paisley to get home! God, she has been gone forever! I really miss Niall though. We aren't even talking anymore. That's a good thing. Right? I feel like I need to talk to him though. But I can't. I'll fall for the boy again. I can't let that happen.

Mason is acting really strange when I see him. Like I know something about him, that I shouldn't. Whatever, he's an idiot! I don't care if he is Paisley's boyfriend, I really hate that dude.

My phone went off. I checked caller I.D. It was a long distance call. Not any long distance call. It was Niall. I ignored it, but my phone rang again. It was him, I pressed ignore again, so much for ignoring that one too! He wouldn't stop. I finally picked up.

"You're paying for this long distance call!" I shouted into the phone.

"Maybe you should have picked up the first time."

"What do you want anyway, I have to go meet up with a friend."

"No you don't."

Shit! "How do you know that?"

"Cause I can tell in your voice when you're lying, and when you aren't, and you most certenly are lying."

"Fine! What do you want?" I asked calming down. I can't believe that he remembers that though, it made me smile.

"Is Paisley there?"

"I thought she was with you guys."

"Soph, management was going to get rid of her after our concerts."

"What? Why?"

"She was too much of a distraction to Liam."

"No she wasn't!"

"We know that, but management doesn't. She left right once she found out."

"Where is she?"

"We don't know, that's why I called you." I heard a beep from my phone, I looked at it, and there was another incoming call. "Niall, I have another call coming in, I'll call you back in a minute," I said hanging up Niall's call, and answering the other. It was Paisley.

"Paisley! Where are you?"

"I'm home now, can you come over?" she asked sounding broken.

"Why wouldn't I?" I asked hanging up the phone, and left.

*Morning of First Day of School*

(Paisley's POV)

My alarm went off. I got out of my bed and looked out the window. I felt a cool breeze come to my face. I came back inside, and got dressed.

I decided to wear the bracelet today. I need people to know where I'm from, but not by showing it off that I know, well, them. Sophie said that they were worried about me. It's nice that they care, but they just have to let me go. I took a deep breath. Dad still isn't back. I haven't heard from him at all, Aunt Maggie hasn't either. I'm starting to worry, but he doesn't really have that much time to contact us anyway. I took another breath, then walked to my closet.

*Walking into School*

I went up to the office to find my locker and classes, even though I really didn't see any lockers. Don't high schoolers have lockers? "Hi, can I get my locker number and class scheldule?" I asked. There was an older lady working at the desk, I'd say in her fifty's. She looked up and laughed at me. I was really confused. "What's so funny?" I asked, then whispered, "is it my accent?"