Chapter Fifty-Nine Going Home

Once I got back stage I ran straight to my room. Tears coming down my face. I didn't know what to do or how to feel. I slammed the door, then fell to the ground. My face in my hands as I cried. I heard a soft knock on my door. I stood up and wiped the tears off my face, "Come in."

It was Sophie, she gave me a sympathetic look. "Hey, how are you?"

"I don't know," I said sitting on the couch and she sat next to me, "hurt."

She sighed, then mumbled to herself, "I wonder how the boys are doing."

"You can turn on the TV to watch them, I have to get ready for the after party anyway, there should be a lot of people there that are hopefully interested in me or my songs."

She nodded, then turned it on. I went into the bathroom to take a shower, then to change into my dress.

It was a navy blue one shoulder crinkle fitted dress that went down to mid thigh. I had short ankle navy blue converse shoes on. Then for jewelry, I would wear the same sliver bangles, infinity diamond earrings, a ring with one of my favorite quotes, and decided not to wear a necklace. I had clear lip-gloss on, black mascara, black eye liner, silver eye shadow, and white sparkly nail polish to go over the navy blue I had on for my part of the concert. I decided to put the same sliver head band in like I did for the awards in California. I dried out my hair to have the natural curls like it always is. I was ready. I came walking out to Sophie watching their concert, they just started the song Last First Kiss.

He looked as bad as I did. Maybe it was just a mistake. Maybe he didn't mean to kiss her. What if it was just a misunderstanding? Wait! What am I saying to myself!? I can't do this again, I'm done.

I sat and watched the rest of their performance. They went to Twitter questions. They were asked things like their favorite colors, and random stuff like that. Then the words I couldn't believe happen came infront of me. 'Can Paisley sing another song for us?' The boys all agreed, and sent Louis back. I was speechless. Not even a minute later, Lou came running through my door grabbed my arm, and pulled me out. I couldn't think until I was in the middle of the stage. The fans were screaming. I was handed my mic from Zayn. "Go on Paisley, say something!" Niall shouted.

"Um, hi?" I said still confused.

"Hi!" all of the boys but Liam said to me. I turned to him, and he was sitting watching me. I gave him a smile to try to cheer him up. He perked up a little. It gave me a real smile for a second there. "What do you guys want me to sing?" I asked. The screen showed another question saying, 'Do you have any originals done that we could hear?'

"Yeah, but it's a duet," I said looking at Liam. He was still looking right at me. I nodded. He stood up, and the fans went nuts. He came up next to me. "This is for them," I said into his ear.

"No it's not," he said back to me. I walked away. A tear already came down my right cheek. I looked to a guy who was already at the piano with the music sheet in front of him. I turned to Liam, he was ready, I was too. I nodded to the guy to start.

"Say something, I'm giving up on you." He started walking up to me, I looked away from him.

"I'll be the one, if you want me to." He sang touching my chin with his finger. I looked up at him, then back at the ground.

"Anywhere, I would've followed you.

Say something, I'm giving up on you."

"And I, am feeling so small," I sang coming in.

"It was over my head, I know nothing at all."

"And I, will stumble and fall.

I'm still learning to love, just starting to crawl."

"Say something, I'm giving up on you.

I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you.

Anywhere, I would've followed you.

Say something, I'm giving up on you," we sang walking to the center of the stage, he followed.

"And I," I turned to him putting my hand on his chest, "will swallow my pride.

You're the one that I love,

and I'm saying goodbye."

I removed my hand, "Say something, I'm giving up on you.

And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you.

And anywhere, I would have followed you.

Oh-oh-oh-oh say something, I'm giving up on you." I said looking into his eyes.

"Say something, I'm giving up on you."

"Say something." We both sang. I've never felt this way before. I've never put so much into one song. At this moment it feels like just Liam and me in this great big world. I was staring into his eyes. They were beautiful.

"This is for you," he said to me, then leaned forward and kissed me. I stood there. Kissing back at first, then tried to move away, but I couldn't, everything felt so right. It was just sparks, but fireworks flying everywhere. Then reality hit me. I remembered what he did. I stepped back. He looked heartbroken. I bet he thought that it would fix everything. It didn't. It just made everything worse.

"I-I'm sorry, but, I-I can't," I said to him. Tears were rushing down my face. I went running off of the stage. People moved out of my way. Everyone saw it. I don't know what to do, or how to feel. I ran into my dressing room. I grabbed my bag, and left out the door.

The boys were still performing. I ran over to Liam's dressing room. I opened the door to an empty room. I saw his phone sitting on a coffee table. I looked down in my bag at the song that I finished for him. I pulled it out and stared at it. I took a deep breath, then put in under his phone. After that, I pulled out the old neon green rubber bracelet he gave me when I was yonger, and put that next to his phone. I closed my eyes as a tear fell down my left cheek. Then I ran out of his dressing room. Sophie saw me, and came running over. "Paisley what are you doing!?" she asked.

"I have to go Soph! Didn't you just see that!? I can't stay! I'm going home."

"Back to Iowa!? What about school?!"

"We are on vacation until February, and not Iowa," I took a deep breath, "I'm going to Wolverhampton. I have to think, and that's the best place to do it. I'll call you when I land." She nodded and hugged me. I heard the boys saying good-bye to the fans. My eyes widened. "I have to go now!"

She nodded as I saw the boys coming off from a distance. I made eye contact with Liam. I turned and started to run. I heard him call my name. I just kept going. I made it to a door that would take me outside. I looked back to see if he was behind me, but the boys and Sophie were holding him back.

I pushed the door open to feel the cool winter breeze. I called for a taxi. "The nearest airport please," I said finally taking a breath. The guy nodded and started to drive away. After thirty minutes of dealing with traffic, he finally dropped me off. I got inside, "One ticket for the next flight to Wolverhamption, England."

The lady looked at me. I probably looked horrible. "Next flight leaves in a half hour," she said handing me my ticket, and I hurried over to security, then waited to board the flight.

Vote & Comment