Chapter Fifty-Six Water

We went walking all around the place until in was eleven and cold. We went running to his hotel. Many people glared at us like old times. I couldn't stop smiling. Luckily the hotel was nice and had a secret back way for famous people to go through without running into fans. We got into the lobby. There actually weren't any fans out there. It was weird because it was a Friday night. I would say a little over twenty.

"Hello Mr. Payne," the manager said. Liam kept holding my hand.

"Hey, what happened to all of the fans out there?"

"What are you disappointed that there aren't as many as normal?" the man asked joking with him.

Liam laughed, "No, it's just strange."

"Well my guess would be Mr. Horan out with his girlfriend, and the three children went running off in the city without their security guard."

"Why do you call them that?" I asked. The man gave me a 'you're an idiot look. "I take that question back." We all laughed.

"Is there anything I can get you since the others are out, and it should be a peaceful night without many of them?" the manager asked.

Liam looked at me, and I gave him that look saying: 'we should do it'. We had to have been thinking the same thing. "We are going to talk to the fans to get them all gone, then when we come back in, can we have two cups of hot chocolate in my room?" Liam asked.

"Of course," he said. Liam squeezed my hand, we went running out the doors like we were the children. Many of the girls were screaming. Somehow our hands broke apart. Girls would ask me for autographs so I signed what ever they handed to me. Then they wanted pictures. Taking pictures was fun. Smiling was one of the most popular ones. There were these two girls that wanted a picture with me, and we did Charlie's Angel's. There were a lot of silly faces. It was so much fun. Then all of a sudden it started raining. The girls started to scream, but then they turned into laughs. I was walking backward, then ran into somebody. I turned to see Liam, he started to laugh. "You know I've always wanted to dance in the rain!?" I shouted to him.

"Then we shall!" he said holding up one hand, making fun of how princes in the movies would do it. We started skipping around. All of the girls started dancing too. He spun me, I laughed. The girls started to sing. "You're insecure! Don't know what for!" We joined them in singing the song.

After all of that we ran inside before we got sick. The fans all went home too. The manager had two towels in his hands. Liam grabbed them, and we started to run for the elevator, but it was full, so Liam went running for the stairs at the end of the hall. "Liam, what are we doing!? It's the top floor! That's twenty flights of stairs!"

"I'll race ya!" he said letting go of my hand. I stopped, my brain didn't put that through my head at first, so he got a leading start. I went running after him. There were so many stairs, but I had to beat him. I kept hearing his step on each stair. Then they stopped. There was no way he was already to the twentieth floor. I kept going until I was stopped. He crashed his soft lips into mine. I pulled back.

"What?" he asked confused.

I leaned into him again, but right before our lips touched, I whispered, "I'm going to win!" Then I ran past him up the stairs. After two minutes of running, I got to the door with the big twenty on it. You needed a key to get in there. I don't have a key! I sat down against the door with my arms crossed. He came up and started laughing at me. I just made a pouting face. He sat next to me. We both were still dripping wet from the rain. I made a little shiver. "Are you cold?" he asked.

"J-just a l-little," I said stuttering.

"Let's get you in the room," he said standing up, and wrapping a towel around me. He opened the door, then wrapped his arm around me. Even though his clothes were soaking wet, I got warmer. We got to the room, and he pushed me in the bathroom, and threw some of his clothes at me.