Chapter 1

Year 1991: Philosopher's Stone

It was 31st July,1991. It was Harry's 11th birthday today. I was very excited, happy and nervous to see my baby brother. After numerous attempts to reach Harry to receive his Hogwarts letter, Dumbledore decided Hagrid and I, Grace Lily Potter to give Harry the letter and bring him to Hogwarts. My uncle, Vernon Dursley and aunt, Petunia Dursley had located themselves in a isolated island. Merlin knows why they did that!

But whatever, I was waiting outside the old house, it was raining very heavily but Hagrid had done a water repellent charm which kept me dry. Hagrid had gone inside the house after breaking the door of its hinges. It was approximately 10 minutes before Hagrid came and called me inside. I couldn't hear their conversation over the loud storm so I just went inside pretty nervously.

I mean what if Harry hates me? What if he starts asking questions on where I was all these years? Not that I have problem answering the second question though.

I walked slowly and entered the old house, it was dim in here and the only source of light and warmth was from the fire burning on the fire place. I was just looking around to try and find Harry when a small figure ran towards me and hugged me very tightly. Not that I minded though. I laughed lightly and wrapped my arms around my little brother and kissed his forehead.

"Hello sweetheart" I addressed him from the same name our mom, Lily Potter called Harry when he was a baby. We broke apart from our hug and he looked up at me beamingly like a child on Christmas.

"Hi" Harry replied shyly and looked down on the floor. He was very small and thin compared to a normal 11 year-old boy.

"Happy 11th birthday, Harry. Here, I bought you a present." I told him and took a bag which was hanging on my shoulders. He looked at me happily and took the bag from me and mumbled a thank you. I laughed at him as he opened the bag, inside it were clothes which he can wear in Hogwarts or the muggle world. I didn't know what to bring him so I decided to bring clothes. I had asked Remus, my Godfather who I lived with to do some magic on the clothes which will make the clothes according to the owner's size while he wears it because I didn't know Harry's size.

He was very surprised to see new clothes and looked up at me and hugged me once again and said thank you which was very loud and clear.

Suddenly, someone coughed and Harry broke the hug and I looked up and saw that there were more people in the room.

"Oh! Where are my manners?! Hello uncle and aunt, I'm Grace Potter your one and the only niece." I happily introduced myself to them and looked around and saw a kid thrice the size of Harry and said,"Hello to you too there cous. but sorry I don't know your name" I think that was my cousin.

Both uncle and aunt muttered a small hello while my cousin reply I'm Dudley. Ah-haa, that was a funny name.

Hagrid cleared his throat and said,"Well its getting late, so we should sleep because we have to get up early in the morning."

I looked at Harry and said,"I think he is right, so why don't we sleep and in the morning you and I will spend the day together?"

He nodded his head excitedly. Hagrid summoned a mattress for me to sleep for the night. I said good night to everyone and kissed Harry's forehead before I went to sleep. I went to sleep very happily that night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Day:

Harry and I were sitting in Florean Fortescue's Ice-Cream Parlour after finishing Harry and I's Hogwarts shopping. Hagrid had left us so that we could talk privately. We talked about Hogwarts a little and I told him about the houses but when he asked mine I told him he will find out there only and he asked about Voldemort who killed our parents and why people fear to say his name out loud or even think about his name. I was not afraid of saying his name because I was not frightened of that bloody git who made our life miserable. Then we went to eat our ice-creams quietly.