Chapter 76

After a lot of confusion, shouting, explanations, me crying from emotional stress; so much for being strong when everyone hadn't even shed a single tear during the whole time, absurdities, and hell of interruptions from us, Remus and Sirius made us understand and answered our unanswered questions on how Peter Pettigrew became an animagus along with my father, Remus and Sirius, how Sirius had convinced Dad to change the Secret Keeper of the house in the end without telling anyone to Pettigrew because no one would have suspected him even when Dumbledore offered himself to be the keeper. The story of how and why my Dad and his friends became animagus to help Remus and a little bit of their Hogwarts life during the full moon days. How and why Snape hated Dad and his friends. Sirius's prank on Snape how that costed Dad and Snape's life.

Then happened Snape's surprised entry and me remembering Snape using magic on me to erase the memory of me seeing him when I was hiding behind the wall. After that Snape threatening Sirius and Remus and accusing Belle being involved in this too and being an arse to us others. Then a lot of things happened that my mind is still being fuzzy and the world around me is spinning.

First, we all five kids tried to disarm Snape at the same time which resulted to him being unconscious. Then after a moment how Sirius escaped Azkaban was explained by him and to say I was speechless would have been an understatement. I feel proud thinking that I can become a animagus and put it good use. Then after a lot of convincing on how Sirius knows about Scabbers being Pettigrew and his suspicions the theory was confirmed when they took Scabbers from on and did something that made the rat taking a human shape and showing us that Scabbers was this whole time Peter Pettigrew.

Then after a whole lot of drama with Pettigrew trying to beg us for his life to spare, Harry decided its best to give him to the Dementors and have some proof to prove Sirius innocent. I think sometime Harry does use his common sense.

I had never been part of a stranger group. Crookshanks led the way down the stairs; Remus , Pettigrew, and Ron went next, looking like entrants in a six-legged race. Next came Professor Snape, drifting creepily along, his toes hitting each stair as they descended, held up by his own wand, which was being pointed at him by Sirius. Harry and Hermione brought up the rear. In the end was me and Belle walking in a awkward silence. Getting back into the tunnel was difficult. Remus, Pettigrew, and Ron had to turn sideways to manage it; Remus still had Pettigrew covered with his wand. I could see them edging awkwardly along the tunnel in single file. Crookshanks was still in the lead. Harry went right after Sirius, who was still making Snape drift along ahead of them; he kept bumping his lolling head on the low ceiling. I had the impression Sirius was making no effort to prevent this.

"I'm sorry, Dad told me not to tell anyone." Belle suddenly spoke. I looked at her but she was looking ahead.

"It's okay, Belle." I said. She is my best friend and I can't be angry with her for such silly reasons. Letting go is the best thing to right now.

"I wanted to tell you and he too but we couldn't take the risk of anyone finding out. I know we both trust you with our lives but we couldn't just risk it." Belle's voice filled with hurt. It was as if not telling me was eating her alive. I hugged from side.

"I get it, Belle. Family comes first no matter what." She smiled and just like that everything was back. I understand where the Blacks' were coming from so there was no use of holding it against them. In the end what all mattered was, the truth was out and we can live peacefully.

We did not speak again until we reached the end of the tunnel. Crookshanks darted up first; he had evidently pressed his paw to the knot on the trunk, because Remus, Pettigrew, and Ron clambered upward without any sound of savaging branches. Sirius saw Snape up through the hole, then stood back for Harry and Hermione to pass.Then Belle climbed up and when I was about to go after her Sirius held my arm and stopped.