Chapter 63

If I thought September was hell, oh boy, I was so wrong, so so wrong. Even though it was only half way through October it still felt like crawling through the hell's gate. Managing studies, waking up early in the morning for Quidditch training sessions on alternate days of the week except Sundays and the other alternate days for practice sessions with Dumbledore to strengthen my powers, evenings before dinner were completion of homework and then sneaking out after dinner to become a animagus with girls at night. I was exhausted by the time I hit the bed every night to sleep.

I started the training sessions , three mornings a week with strict practice schedule and the chaser who got selected was a fourth year student named Scott McQueen. I made our team work hard because I, during my last four years, I had noticed how the other team played, so I wanted us to be perfect, not that we weren't in the first place. As for the animagus parts, Belle, Jace and I had succeeded in developing our ears and tails. The process when our body transformed gave us little pain but be bare it. If I could say so then I would say by next January we all will become full animagi. Where my powers are concerned, I can now control my powers fully and Dumbledore said by the way I was learning so quickly so by the end of the year I can strengthen my powers and I will become more powerful when I reach seventeen but with hard work.

I was currently doing a transfiguration essay. After writing a few more lines, I finished my essay. I re-read the whole essay and satisfied with it, I rolled my essay and placed my quill back into the ink pot.

"Done!" I stated happily. It was the only homework we got today.

"Finally! Rose complete yours in the Room of Requirements! Lets go, I'm hungry!" Jace whinned. All of us had finished our homework except Rose who was stuck somewhere and was finishing her slowly.

"I agree with you, I'm hungry too!" Rose and closed her book. We all left our dorm and made downstairs and saw a small crowd gathered around the old bulletin board. Everyone was getting excited after reading it. Jace and Belle elbowed people out of their way and got in the front to read the notice while we all waited for them outside the common room. After five minutes they came out. They looked quite excited.

"First Hogsmeade weekend! End of October, Halloween!" Jace squealed jumping up and down excitedly. As if a trigger was clicked, our tiredness from the past days turned into excitement by thinking of going to Hogsmeade.

"Finally! I need some new prank materials! The old ones aren't giving me the rush with this hectic schedule, maybe the new ones will!" I said cheerfully as we all made our way towards the Great hall for dinner. Then I remembered a plan and I was bubbling with happiness.

As I was entering the Great hall, a familiar voice stopped me. I turned around and a huge smile made its way onto my face, not that it wasn't there in the first place.

"Harry!" As he came near me, I suddenly hugged him, "I missed you so much, sweetheart! Its like I don't see you any more." I would have rambled more but Harry's voice stopped me.

"Grace, I know you're busy with your school. It's just that, I wanted a favour from you?" Harry asked with hopeful eyes. He was a little shorter than me so I looked down at him with a eyebrow raised.

'What's the matter ickle ones? Need me to beat someone up or prank?" I asked flexing my arm.

Harry chuckled, "You know Hogsmeade trip at the end of the month.." I nodded my head at him to continue, "Er-r you see, Uncle Vernon didn't sign the form, you know because of the incident." His face held a sad expression now and it was like a cold bucked was poured on me after seeing Harry so sad.

"I'm so sorry, Harry! I forgot about it, totally! I-I please, what can I do now?" I asked, scolding myself internally on not keeping a update with my brother and being a bad sister.

"Its nothing big, I was gonna ask Mcgonagall to allow me to go and I needed you to back me up in case she denies you know, maybe she will listen to you as you're my sister and older than me.." Harry finished and I smiled at him before agreeing to meet him after his Transfiguration class is over. I made my way towards my friends and sat down at our house table.

Draco was sitting beside Belle and placing pieces of vegetables on her plate from his own when she wasn't looking. I laughed at him and he looked up with a smug expression and acted innocently when Belle looked confused on seeing her plate being filled with vegetables.

I sat across Draco and said, "You know you need to eat those vegetables if you want that arm of yours to be healed. I can't let you go off hook just because your fake injury."

"Its still broken! You can't train him hard! What if his arms gets injured more seriously?" Pansy Parkinson answered for Draco. Draco's face formed into a scowl and I just rolled my eyes at her. She usually is ready for an argument whenever someone says anything against ickle Draco. Jace snorted beside me which earned her a glare from Pansy and Belle coughed to hide her bubbling laughter. It was kinda entertaining too see how love sick Pansy tried to defend Draco when in the end she gets him more embarrassed. The rest of the dinner went peacefully with us teasing Draco and Pansy defending him for which Draco scowled and before I went back to my dorm, a goodnight kiss from Oliver.

*****

I ran towards the Transfiguration classroom. I entered in and six pairs of eyes were fixed on me.

"Minnie! Please let Harry go! I can sign for him or you know Remus can! Please, please! Please with a cherry on top!" I said slightly breathless as I stopped in front of Minnie's desk along with Harry and Ron. Harry and Ron shook their head with vigorous nods. I know Minnie would say no. Of course, she would say no until and unless we have a pretty valid reason for breaking rules or less she is rule abiding Professor of Hogwarts.

Minnie looked at Harry with sympathy before she looked at me and said, "Ms. Potter, you know you're still not his legal guardian until you're 17 and Professor Remus is not his legal guardian."

"But Minnie! I can take care of Harry! I am his sister and I will be with him together everywhere we go!" I quickly said.

"Ms. Potter, you know the dangers outside the Hogwarts. Even if I could have made an exception for it I would have in any other circumstances but right now I can't help him. I suggest there's nothing more to talk about on this matter. You better leave now or else you all will be late for your next class." Minnie said in a stern and final tone that we had no choice but to leave dejectedly.

On the way to our next class, I kept trying to cheer Harry up by cracking jokes or lying about Hogsmeade. But even we both know that it was a total lie. Ron kept on bad mouthing about Minnie and told Harry about things he would bring to him from Hogsmeade and then I too promised to bring him everything from their.

Alas, Harry was cheered only a little bit before we parted our ways for classes.

*****

Helloo Potterheads!

How are you all? :D Next chapter is gonna be more good and awesome and I will probably post it by tomorrow because lately I have been updating very very slowly because I am college hunting! :( So please bare it with me. :) Please comment, vote, add in your library/reading lists and share it. Tell me how far have you liked and if you need me to change some fact which I may have neglected while writing.

Till then,

Yours truly

Lalitha

​​​​​​​xoxo :*