Chapter 20

Year 1992: Chamber of Secrets

Scoop pecked my ears. I turned around and muttered,"Go away". She still continued to peck my ears. I sat up straight and glared at Scoop.

"You know Scoop I was taking my beauty sleep. What was so important that you had to wake me up?" I asked the owl who just stared at, hooted happily and started flying around my head.

"Seriously Scoop?" I tried to catch the owl but it flew to the other side and that made me fall on my bed face first. It hooted more loudly and happily now.

"Two can play this game Scoop." I got up from my bed and tried to run after her but my legs were tangled in the blankets and I fell face first to the floor now.

"Aaargghh! SCOOP!" I screamed at the owl who was now flying around my head once again and hooting happily.

"What happened? Did someone get hurt?" Remus asked bursting into my room.

"Wait! Where Grace? She was supposed to be in her bed? That girl is seriously gonna be death of me!" Remus exclaimed to himself.

"R-e-mus. I'm here" I called out for him. He came to the other side of the bed where I had fallen. He raised his eyebrows at me.

"I'm just kissing the floor a good morning kiss." I said sarcastically. Remus laughed at me.

"Stop laughing and help me Remus!" I muttered irritably. Remus was still laughing but helped me get up. Scoop came and sat on his shoulder. I dusted myself off.

"I'm going to take a bath and get ready. So Remus, you get out of my bedroom." I playfully shoved him out of my bedroom.

"Okay, okay, I'm going, love. Don't forget you're going to visit Harry today." Remus said before he went out of the room.

"Shit! I totally forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me Remus." I called out to him. I just heard a faint 'you're welcome' from him before I shut my bedroom door. I showered, brushed my teeth and got ready () and applied pink gloss on my lips and side braided my hair. I wore the flats and I was ready. I went downstairs.

You might be wondering how I'm going to visit Harry? Well, you see Harry gave me the Dursleys' phone number and told me call him. I did one day and you can say that I got a permission to visit Harry today but I had to come well dressed because some clients were gonna come to uncle's house today. I went downstairs.

"Eat breakfast fast because we gotta leave in 10. Its 4 hour long drive from here." Remus said as soon as I entered the kitchen. I nodded and went to eat the chocolate chip pancakes already plated for me in the table.

"Lets go!" I said cheerfully.

"Picked your gifts?" Remus asked from the front door.

"Yup," I said and shoo the gift back to indicate him that I indeed have picked it up.

I went outside and waited for Remus to come. He locked the front door and came. Remus had called for a taxi to take us to the Dursleys' house. I opened the taxi's back door and entered it and Remus followed me. After Remus closed the door, the driver started the taxi and starting driving towards our destination. I was listening to my walkman and Remus was reading a book. Remus would drop me at the Dursleys' and then from there he will go somewhere else due to some Ministry work.

Remus nudged me and woke me up from my tender sleep.

"Be a good girl and take care of Harry, okay?" Remus said. I nodded and he instructed the driver to go and the driver started the car and I watched the taxi go till the turning point of the street. I turned around and smoothed my dress. I took a deep breath and walked up to their front door and rang the door bell. The door opened,"GRAAACE!" screamed Harry. I laughed and hugged him and he hugged me back. We let go after few minutes and then I turned around to see my aunt and uncle with their now more fat son Dudley.

I smiled and greeted,"Hello" to them. I only got a grunt from my uncle, huff from my aunt and a evil smile from my cousin.

Their house was very clean. Everything was shining and no spec of dirt anywhere. I could see my aunt's eyes over me and judging me. We went further inside and I sat on a chair near the fire place. Harry went inside where I suppose was the kitchen while the Durselys' all sat together on a large couch.

"I have brought presents for you all." I said with a smile. Uncle looked furious and aunt looked terrified but I ignored their expression and stood up to give them their presents.

"Uncle, I brought the latest golf set for you. They said it was the best in the market." I gave the brand new golf set to him. He eyed it suspiciously first then slowly took it and inspected it once again.

"Aunt, its the most ancient and expensive china tea set." and gave the delicate tea set to her. She was very hesitant at first but then she took it.

"For you Dudley, I brought the latest game in the store." The big pig snatched the game right away from me and teared the wrapper into tiny little pieces.

"Its the latest addition of the game I have been asking you, mother!" the pig shouted. 'Well, you're welcome for the gift' I thought sarcastically. After the presents the Dursleys' started treating me nicely. Aunt and uncle after being satisfied that there was no magic and the presents were the best of the best and very expensive in case they needed to show off they were happy with me.

Uncle had gone to the dining hall with Harry. Before Harry could go away I caught his arm and stopped him.

"I have brought you a hell load of presents. Don't be sad I never forgot about you. I will give it to you when we're alone." I whispered in his ear. He smiled brightly at me before he followed uncle. Aunt Petunia didn't talk much but was very happy when I complimented about her house and gardening and how everything was perfect. I never brought up anything related to magic because things might go wrong for Harry after I leave and Harry had told me not to talk about magic or say the word itself in this house, it was banned here. He told me when I had called him once before.

Suddenly, the door bell rang.

"Meet me in my room after the guests leave." Harry whispered back and ran upstairs. I looked at his running figure confused. The voices of the guests made me look towards them. I smiled a fake smile at them. Uncle Vernon had told me that one oh his important client and his wife were gonna come and he wanted me to meet them. But I knew better, he just wanted to boast something off about.

We all together went to the dining room and sat down. Aunt Petunia started serving us tea and kept snacks in front of us. The little pig started eating. It looked disgusting but I hid away the disgust. Uncle and his client were talking about something and I was slowly sipping my tea, a loud thump made us all look up. I was about to get up when aunt Petunia held my shoulder very tightly and looked at me with a fake smile and her expressions said,"Don't get up." I didn't know after this moment all hell was gonna break loose here.