Chapter 77

We all were allowed to get out off the hospital wing at noon the next day, it was to find an almost deserted castle. The sweltering, heat and the end of the exams meant that everyone was taking full advantage of another Hogsmeade visit and so were we.

We five girls with the twins and Kevin were all hanging out at 'The Three Broomsticks'. It was very difficult to explain to the boys how Belle and I got into the hospital wing without revealing the truth. Also, Snape let it slip at the breakfast in anger that how Remus is a werewolf. Remus, the genius he is knew owls will start arriving tomorrow asking about him from parents so he decided to resign. I didn't stop him because I know he took the right decision, staying here after that would be terrible for him.

After spending hours here at Hogsmeade we all decided to finally head back to Hogwarts at evening.

 *****

As the end of term approached, I heard many different theories about what had really happened, but none of them came close to the truth. Draco was furious about Buckbeak. He was convinced that Hagrid had found a way of smuggling the hippogriff to safety, and seemed outraged that he and his father had been outwitted by a gamekeeper. Percy Weasley, meanwhile, had much to say on the subject of Sirius's escape. "If I manage to get into the Ministry, I'll have a lot of proposals to make about Magical Law Enforcement!" he told the only person who would listen, his girlfriend, Penelope.Belle was back to normal, no one tried to bully her anymore. And every other person I knew was happy too, well, except Harry. He just couldn't let go of the thought that Remus won't be teaching again. The exam results came out on the last day of term. I and the girls had aced every subject in our O.W.L.s. Percy had got his top-grade N.E.W.T.s and well Fred and George had scraped a handful of O.W.L.s each. Gryffindor House had won the House championship for the third year running. This meant that the end of term feast took place amid decorations of scarlet and gold, and that the Gryffindor table was the noisiest of the lot, as everybody celebrated.

*****

As the Hogwarts Express pulled out of the station the next morning, the girls and I had to sit separately. Why? Because Jace wanted to sit with Kevin and his friends, Erica and Rose had to sit with some pure-blood family friends and I had to accompany Belle to the twins and Lee Jordan's compartment. 

Half the train ride was bearable because Lee sat between me and Fred. Things took a wrong turn when we all decided to 'dare or dare'. 

"I dare you to kiss Grace!" George told Fred with a devious little smirk.

"NO!" I and Fred shouted at the same time.

"A dare is a dare." George answered with a little shrug.

"What kind of dare is it?" Fred asked with a stink eye towards his brother.

"Okay, think of it has a challenge then. If you complete it, I will pay you 6 galleons." Belle proposed. And now it was my turn to give Belle the stink eye. She looked at me and just winked. I know Fred could never back down from a challenge even if it meant kissing me. So as everyone was trying to convince Fred to do the challenge I slipped out of the compartment as quietly as I could. 

I was wondering how we ended up here in the first place. I walking in the corridor of the train when I heard Oliver's voice. I stopped walking. It was coming from a compartment's whose door was slightly open. I peeked inside secretly and saw that it was Alicia and Oliver. They were talking and laughing. I hate her, I mean how can you be so happy after you just stole someone's boyfriend? Okay, she did not steal him but still. Oh God, now I am rambling. 

It still pained me seeing them together but that pain was much less than it used to before. It wasn't good to me hearing their conversation and paining myself therefore I walked away from that place. I didn't go back to my compartment but instead went to Harry and his friends. 

When I went inside the trio happily greeted me and told me about the letter that he had received from Sirius and they gave me the letter addressed to Belle. Harry explained to me on how Sirius had got him a Firebolt and how he is in hiding and other things. I stayed with them a little longer but decided to go back seeing I had Belle letter still in my hands. I bid them goodbye and went to my compartment. 

My mind was still in a happy state as I was thinking about Sirius and how he is now a free man. I opened the compartment door and I was not ready for the surprise. As soon as I opened the door, Fred pulled me by my waist so fast that I wrapped my arms around his neck in instinct and before I could ask what the hell was happening, he kissed me. A small peck but still. As soon as his lips touched me he pushed himself away from me as far as possible.

I stood there, my mouth hanging open a little and confused on what the just happened. Fred Weasley just kissed me. I couldn't concentrate on my surroundings and I just know that someone made me sit down. People were talking around me but I was too busy replaying Fred Weasley's kiss on my mind. I was just so shocked that I couldn't react. My emotions were going haywire. It all continued till we reached King's Cross Station and Remus had to shake me out of my daze and ask me what happened. 

"I, uh, I.." I just shuttered on not knowing to say what happened out loud. Belle who was standing beside me burst out laughing with other girls. I glared at all them angrily and muttered a 'shut up'. They all seemed to stop laughing but were chuckling and giving me amused expressions. Seems like Belle told them what happened when I was in shock.

"Oh! Now you react!" Belle said amused and continuing afterwards, "Nothing happened, the poor thing is still in shock that Fred won a bet from her." while patting my head like a little puppy. I swatted her hand away and everyone laughed. 

"Okay girls, now we gotta go!" Remus said and we all bid good byes and I whispered in Belle's ear, "This isn't over, tell that to Weasley and it's better you remember it too!" I saw Belle visibly gulp and nod her head while I smirked in amusement and the other girls laughed. 

With one final good bye, we walked out of platform and into the muggles platform and saw Harry waiting with his uncle.

"Harry!" I called and ran towards him before crushing in a hug. 

"Uncle Vernon!" I smiled and he grunted in response before looking at Remus disgustedly. I rolled my eyes at him. I bid Harry goodbye and we promised to stay in touch. Harry and Remus shook hand before Remus pulled him in a hug. We bid a final goodbye to each other before going on our way.

Remus pushed my trolley and my eyes wandered around muggles when I saw a couple snogging and then automatically went to my lips and replayed the movement when Fred kissed. I vowed to get back at him.