Chapter 46

Year 1993: Prisoner of Azkaban

It was half past 7. I was carefully wrapping Harry's birthday present in a blue wrapping paper. It was sad to think that Harry couldn't write letters to me because of Uncle Vernon refusal to send letters. Though I talked to him in telephone twice since the holidays started and met him once with lots of expensive things which the Dursleys will love to flaunt. I got Harry a moving picture of us photo framed, it was simple but still effective. I also made him a hand-made card. I carefully tied the card in Scoop's leg who was hooting happily. I tied the gift on her other leg. I gave her some owl treat and patted her head, she pecked my fingers affectionately and flew away. I closed the window. Harry will turn 13 now. Damn, my baby brother sure grows fast. I was feeling sleepy so I slipped onto my bed and drifted into a sleep.

I woke up the next morning to the sun shining extra brightly to my curtains. I groaned and groggily sat up on my bed. I climbed out off my bed and walked straight to the bathroom, and did my morning routine. I quickly showered and got out. I walked towards my closet and picked out a black shirt and faded jeans. I quickly dressed up and went downstairs.

It was quiet here, that only means Remus has left early for job hunting. I sigh, it very much difficult for him to find a job with his wolf problem. Wizards and Witches these days! I grab a bowl and a box of cereals from the cupboard. I see a note pasted on the fridge saying, 'Job hunting. Love, Remus.' I open the fridge door and take out the milk's carton and pour some cereals and milk in the bowl. I pick up the bowl and go to the living room. I turn on the T.V. and start surfing channels while eating my simple breakfast. I'm bored and nothing interesting is coming on T.V. I put the now empty bowl on the coffee table and change the channel again. I stop on a news channel and my mouth hangs open. I couldn't believe what they were showing. The man on the television, however, whose gaunt face was surrounded by a matted, elbow-length tangle was none other than Sirius Black! I gasped and covered my mouth with with hands. I just couldn't believe! I don't know what I should feel right now. Happy that Sirius escaped or worry for him. I was going through with different kinds of emotions. Suddenly a thought struck me. How was Belle feeling right now? I wonder if she even saw the news. For Merlin's sake its her own dad we are talking about. I quickly ran towards the kitchen and wrote a quick note to Remus telling him that I'm at Belle's house and went towards the fireplace. I grabbed some floo powder from the bowl kept on the top of fireplace and stepped in.

I shouted, "Tonks house!" and threw the powder down. Green flames emerged and in few seconds I stumbled out off Aunt Andromeda's fireplace. I coughed and heard hurried footsteps coming towards me. I stood up straight and a smile was formed on their faces but I could see sadness in their eyes. There stood in front of me Aunt Andromeda, Uncle Ted and Nymphadora aka Dora or Tonks. They all gave me a hug.

Then, I looked behind them and searched for the one person I came here from.

"She have locked herself in her room since she saw and read the newspaper." Aunt answered. I sighed.

"Are you all alright?" I asked her. They all just nodded their head.

"Can I go upstairs and have a look?" I asked them.

"We all tried but she won't open her door." Dora said, her hair color was blue which meant she was sad.

"Still I will try." I said and walked upstairs. I took a right turn and knocked on the first door. No one opened.

"Belle, its me! Open the door." I yelled and banged the door. I kept banging at the door and yelling for five minutes but that stubborn girl didn't open the door. I took out a bobby pin from my hair and used it to unlock the door. Glad that I remembered how to unlock a door that I learned from a muggle movie that I once saw. A soft click noise was heard and I cheered mentally. I turned the door knob and open the door silently. I entered in and closed the door quietly. The room was dark and the only light was coming through the drawn curtains. I saw Belle curled up in her bed and I could see her body quietly trembling. I could hear her soft sobs and sniffs.

"Belle baby, I'm here. Everyone is here for you." I said softly and sat on the edge of her bed. She turned towards me and grabbed me for a hug. With a 'oomph' I fell with her and she continued crying. I adjusted us in comfortable position and then I hugged her back.

"There, there. Why the hell you wanna cry? Sirius has escaped and we only have to worry about finding him first then do something to prove him innocent." I felt Belle nod her head. I pulled back from our hug and wiped her tears.

"Damn girl! You look terrifying. No wonder if George sees you like this and runs away." I said with wide eyes. She glared at me and swatted my arm.

"So much for making me feel better." She said sarcastically.

"I came here now, didn't I?" I raised an eyebrow at her. She smiled and shook her head.

"What can I say? I'm an irresistible person. Anyhow, do I even wanna know how you entered in when the door was locked?" Belle asked with a smirk.

I smiled smugly and said, "Sometimes a little muggle trick does no harm." Belle laughed at wiped her eyes once more.

"You will come with me right? To find dad, I mean?" Belle asked seriously with hopeful eyes. I swatted her head and glared at her.

"Why you even asked that question when you obviously know the answer." I stood up and pulled Belle out of her bed and dragged her to her bathroom and pushed her inside and closed the door.

"Take a shower and come downstairs quickly. Everyone have been worrying about you. And make the shower fast you, silly girl!" With that said I walked out off Belle's room and went downstairs. I know Belle is good now. The only thing we need to worry about is escaping our houses and find serious.