Chapter 40

I wake up gasping for air. I look for here and there but nothing happens. Girls are sleeping peacefully in their bed and everything normal. I wipe the sweat from my forehead and remove the duvet off myself. I twist my body and place my legs down on the cold floor. The cold floor gives some relief to my hot body. I look out of the window and watch the underground part of the lake. Its quite too in their. I slip on to my slippers and stand up. My legs are a little wobbly so I immediately fell on the bed. I try to stand up once again with the help of the the wooden pillar of my four poster bed. I cannot fall asleep now. My mind is filled with blank nightmares. I know, I sound crazy right that how nightmares be blank? But, trust me, its far worse than nightmares with images. Slowly but successfully, I manage to get out of the common room and roam in the corridors. Once again, I start feeling dizzy but feel a little better when the chilly air from the large windows blew past me. I'm just walking aimlessly at this time of the night.

"Meowww," I turn around at the sudden sound and keep my hand right over my heart, it was beating fast because I was scared.

"Oh! Its just you, Mrs. Norris. You scared the crap out of me." I say looking at her blood red eyes and giggled. I don't know why but I was giggling. Mrs. Norris, narrowed her eyes me and stared at me creepily. In return, I narrowed my eyes too and stared back at her. We both were having a staring contest.

"What are you doing at this time of the night, you silly girl!" I looked up and saw Filch. Damn him! He interrupted our staring match.

"Roaming round can't you see, duh?" I replied bored.

"You stupid girl! I will take you the headmaster right now!" he angrily hissed and stomped towards me and dragged me by my arm to Merlin knows where. Not wanting to disturb his happy bubble, I just let him drag me with Mrs. Norris walking ahead of us. We waked and turned few corridors before Filch opened a door.

"What happened, Argus? Why have your brought her here?" A man asked.

"Headmaster, this girl was roaming around at the corridors, clearly breaking the rules." Argus accused.

"So were you and your red-eyed cat." I said with crossing my arms over my chest.

"OMG!" A lady ran towards me and kept her hand over my forehead and said, "She is burning hot, professor."

"Let me see, Poppy." The man with a big white long beard said.

"Oh! Your name is Poppy. Such a cute name." I giggled. I looked around the room and saw some people who were standing near a bed looking at me strangely. I waved at them and I saw two boys lying on the bed. One was frozen like a statue and the other was sleeping.

"I think when Mr. Creevey was attacked, the dark magic involved once again tried to over come her mind but Grace resisted it and now its trying to manipulate her mind and this behavior is the result of Grace trying to resist it." The white old wise man said.

"I really like you style, Santa Claus." I said grinning at the old man.

"Poppy, give her the Peace of Draught and let the poor girl sleep." A thin woman said to Poppy. She nodded immediately and ran towards somewhere.

"So, I'm Grace Lily Potter! Who are you all?" I asked introducing myself. They all looked at each other.

"Let the night pass, she will be alright in the morning." The old man said softly and placed a hand over my head.

Poppy came back with a glass in her hands. "Drink this." she said passing the glass to me.

I took the glass and asked, "What is it?" and looked skeptically at the glass and Poppy.

"Its a new kind of chocolate milk, it first tastes a little bitter but then chocolaty and sweet." The thin woman asked.

"Really?" I asked with a huge smile. They all nodded their head simultaneously. I quickly gulped the chocolate milk and wiped my mouth with my left hand.

"Thanks." I said and returned the glass back to Poppy. The room started spinning and I made a whoosh sound before all went black.

-----------------------

Comment, vote and share as much as you can! <3 These things really motivates me to write more..

Please, do vote and comment! <3