Chapter 62

Its the start of October and I am happy to look forward into something called Quidditch other than studying or finding Sirius Black. After all the fighting fiasco in the Gryffindor common room, the news of that had spread like wildfire and people had started whispering whenever they saw me, however that too had died down when some other drama from Ravenclaw emerged.

They day, after crying in my self pity for whole fifteen minutes. I got up from the floor and cleaned the mess I had created with a wave from my wand but however the crystal ball that I had thrown couldn't be fixed which made me sad so I gathered its pieces and kept it in a small wooden box. The girls had returned to the dorm as soon as I had finished the cleaning and asked me questions about what happened between Fred and me. I shrugged it off and told them, "You know the usual argument." and then told them how Fred and I couldn't go any further because of Peeves prank and changed the subject to if they found any clue about Belle's sad. Sadly they didn't. We continued to find random-est places in Hogwarts but still there was no clue. The girls and I had except for Belle had lost hope for finding Sirius here in the castle but we kept on going for Belle's sake. Back to Oliver, we both were doing fine. The next day I had gone and apologized to him and he forgave me instantly.

For few days after the incident, Harry, my friends and Oliver constantly tried to cheer me up when I snapped at them and told them I time fine and later made them believe me by taking a revenge on Peeves by informing Bloody Baron about his plans when eventually all of them once again started relaxing around me. I can't be sure about Remus though. That man knows me like the back of his hand.

Even though its been days but I couldn't forget what happened that day. I don't why but I just couldn't. Outside and while with my friends and others, I was all happy and forgot about it but when I am alone, all dark thoughts invade my mind making me feel like tearing my hair out of their scalp.

. Remus will eventually find a way and talk to me before anyone else, he is persuasive like that. I know everyone is walking on thread around me and acting like everything is normal, but I know better that these people won't give up until and unless they have answers.

"So, I'm having a meeting on Thursday." Oliver's voice brought me into reality. We were currently sitting on a bench under a tree in the courtyard.

"Cool, so I will announce mine Tuesday." We both being Quidditch captain's of our respective house had to see that our timings didn't clash.

"Any new comers this time?" Oliver asked as he laid his head down on my lap. Like on instinct my hand started massaging his hair gently.

I thought for a second, "I think a post of chaser is free since it was filled my Flint until last year." Suddenly Oliver dragged my down by robes and kissed me. It was just a peck but my eyes were still wide open. Oliver let go off me and chuckled.

"What was that for?" I asked after overcoming my shock.

Oliver rolled his eyes, "You were looking too cute so I couldn't resist."

"Shut up!" I muttered and rolled my eyes.

*****

It was five thirty in the morning on a fine Tuesday. We all were in the Quidditch field. I was in my practice robes along with my rest of the team.

A light cool breeze was flowing, I looked at the ten players who have come to audition for the empty chaser place. I had posted a notice on the common room for the empty position of the chaser and its selection process's date and time. I was quite impressed with the outcome. I turned around and faced my team. I wanted to give them instructions before I start the selection process.

"Draco, take the snitch out of the box and start practicing and count the time each time you catch it."

"But my arm is broken!" Draco whined.

"Do you think a mere injury is gonna keep me away from making you practice?" He scowled at me and I narrowed my eyes at him before he let out a defeated sigh and did what I told him.

"Bole and Belle, you can practice on your own right now, I want your aim perfect and sharp!" I shouted and they both immediately took of on their broom. Adrian Puccey, the second chaser let go of the bludger from the box and it sky-rocketed towards Bole who hit it with his bat towards Belle. After satisfied with my arrangement, I turned around and once again noticed the students. Some looked excited and some looked nervous, nervous ones were probably the second years. They were all tall and slim but I wouldn't know how good they are until I see them on the broom and play.

"Listen here! I will only select any one from you lot only if I feel that you are truly worthy of the chaser position. Try and give your best if you feel you can make it to the team and work under my hard practice course!" I shouted and all the ten students stood straight.

"Bletchley here will guard the poles and Adrian and I will show you some tricks around before I start testing you on those basis. I want the best one out of you who will have the best aim, coordination, speed and stamina! Any less than that then I'm sorry but you will be eliminated from the selection process. All the best, may the luck be the deserved!" I said and picked up my broom before taking off from the ground. Adrian and Miles both did the same.

"A little harsh, don't ya think?" Miles Bletchley, our keeper said.

"The best one comes under some pressure." I said and saw the students going towards the practice broom and picking up them to fly for the practice.

"I wonder what will happen when the original practice starts." Adrian chuckled. I sometimes forgot that Adrian was my age and my classmate also.

"Its gonna be hell!" I said with a evil smile. Miles and Adrian chuckled nervously before taking their original position. And soon the practice started.

After two hours of practice, we all landed down on the ground, breathing heavily. Belle and Bolle had finished their practice half an hour ago and whereas Draco had finished is an hour ago. He tried his broken arm card again when I agreed it was enough for him today. They all were sitting on the bleachers and watching the selection.

I had divided the ten students into a group of five each them made them play against each other. I noticed there strengths, weaknesses, aims and all other necessary things which I have noted down on my clipboard which I have bought along.

"Good job everyone!" I said with a smile and they all gave me a tired smile back.

"The result will be posted by Saturday. Practice has ended, you all may leave now." I shouted and all the students except for my team left. We all were tired. Waking up so early was finally taking a toll on me.

"Practice will start from next week and Draco, you better fix your arm by then!" I said and we all went towards the changing room before heading back to the common room and look forward to the studies. Arg!