Chapter 88

My days were going horrible. Almost everyone wanted to know how I helped my kid brother put his name in the Goblet of Fire. Oh common! If I really helped my brother then why would I put his name instead of mine? Are they dumb? Sorry, that was a stupid question to ask myself when I already know the answer.

Even though I was holding up okay because I had my friends with me, Harry was in a much worse condition than I could say. Harry told me that Ron wasn't talking to him. When I asked him why, according to him, Hermione thought Ron was jealous, which is kind of understandable when you have so many siblings to compete with and a famous best friend who is always the center of attention. Oh, and also the Hufflepuffs, who were usually on excellent terms with the Gryffindors, had turned remarkably cold toward a whole lot of Gryffindors. Apparently, the Hufflepuffs felt that Harry had stolen their champion's glory; a feeling exacerbated, perhaps, by the fact that Hufflepuff House very rarely got any glory.

I could understand the Hufflepuffs' attitude, even if I didn't like it, they had their own champion to support. And the Slytherins never back down from getting a chance to work up Gryffindor, but what I did not expect was Ravenclaws also being against Harry. Apparently, they thought he had been desperate to earn himself a bit more fame by tricking the goblet into accepting his name. What rubbish!

"What the heck is everyone's problem?!" Harry groaned as he sat beside me on the grass. I was laying down under a tree beside the lake. I changed from my earlier position and sat up.

"There, there, brother." I patted his shoulder to comfort him slightly. He needed people that mattered to him with him right now.

"You know that the fact that Cedric looked the part of a champion so much more than I do. Exceptionally handsome, with his straight nose, dark hair, and gray eyes, it is hard to say who is receiving more admiration these days, Cedric or Viktor Krum." He groaned as he leaned his head over my shoulder.

"Dear brother.. don't tell me you have a thing for Cedric?" I fake gasped and pushed him lightly.

"God NO!" He scrunched up his face cutely. I laughed. It feels good to laugh even though I am laughing at my brother's misery. I am a bad sister.

"You know, I told you about how I wrote a letter to Sirius? There is still no reply from him. Hedwig won't come near me because I used another own to send the letter. Professor Trelawney is predicting my death with even more certainty than usual and I did such a bad Summoning in Charms that Professor Flitwick gave me extra homework - the only person to get any, apart from Neville. And top of all these I have Double Potions." He said frustratedly.

"Eventually, everything will be alright. So, all we gotta do now is hang on tight till we make it towards the end." I said as I messed up his hair. Harry was so lost in his thought that he didn't even slap away my hands for messing up his hair.

"I hope you're right." He mumbled. I laid down on the grass once again and Harry copied me, we both were silently laying there until it was time for lunch.

*****

Classes were over, and I was going back to my dorm with Jace. On the way back to my dorm, I saw many students wearing badges but didn't pay any attention to them until Jace pointed it out. The badges had a message written in luminous red letters that burnt brightly: 'SUPPORT CEDRIC DIGGORY-THE REAL HOGWARTS CHAMPION!' That was cool I guess, people had badges made to show their support to Cedric until a Hufflepuff pressed the badge into his chest, and the message upon it vanished, to be replaced by another one, which glowed green: 'POTTER STINKS!'

"How cool is this!" The one wearing that badge said it to another one his friends as they both laughed. Seriously? How low can a person go?

"Hey kid!" I stopped and called the one wearing the badge.