Chapter 53

The carriages stopped outside the Hogwarts and we all got out. I was thinking about my life and wondering how lonely and single I'm. The full carriage ride was filled with the girls talking about their crushes or love life while I pretending to be interested and listening to their juicy love lives. I mean I love them and all but it kinda gets irritating when you're the only single person in your group. I was walking behind the girls who all were talking about some Ravenclaw guy who was interested in Erica. It was amusing to see Erica blushing red at this but it kinda made me jealous. I had my share of proposals too but none of them had the magic or charm my girls talked about or what other people said. When am I going to find my knight in the shining armor? I want that type of man who will be selfish and keep me to himself. I sighed, I wish it would come true soon. Whom am I kidding? It's gonna take a long time before someone solves my commitment problem. I never said yes to a guy because then the feeling of being tied up crawled to my heart and I refused him. We all entered the Great hall and I sighed. Great! The ceiling was black and cloudy like the outside whether and it just dampened my already gloomy mood. Just great!

We sat our house table and someone offered us some chocolates which I gladly took. Who would deny a chocolate?

All the first years were gathered around the stage when Flitwick brought a stool and the Sorting Hat. The old-ragged hat started singing a song and I felt my eyelids flutter and I drifted off to a sleep.

Someone elbowed me and I woke up from my light slumber.

"What's up with you? You have been all moody and tired since we entered in." Rose asked and the other girls looked at me.

"I don't now." I answered truthfully and the girls let go of it at the voice of Dumbledore. I sighed. I just wanted to sleep.

"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all and as one of them is very serious, I think it best to get it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast..." Dumbledore's cheery voice and expression turned into serious and he looked kinda annoyed by it.

Dumbledore cleared his throat and continued, " As you all will be aware after their search of the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to some of the Dementors of the Azkaban, who are here on Ministry of Magic business. They are stationed at every entrance to the grounds, and while they are with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or disguises or even Invisibility Cloaks." After that I tuned Dumbledore out. Hmph, Dementors at every entrance. How is Sirius going to get in then?

There was silence before Dumbledore's voice ringed in the Great hall once again, "On a happier not, I'm pleased to welcome two new teachers to our ranks this year. First, Professor Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." There were some scattered, unenthusiastic applause but some people from other table and me and my girls clapped hard. I had a huge grin on my face. Remus looked particularly shabby next to all the teachers in their best robes. Remus' eyes met mine and I showed him a thumbs up for which he grinned back.

After the applause for Remus stopped, Dumbledore began once again, "Well, I'm sorry to tell you that Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher, retired at the end of last year in order to enjoy more time with his remaining limbs. However, I'm delighted to say that this place will be filled by none other than Rubeus Hagrid, who has agreed to take on this teaching job in addition to his gamekeeping duties. There was huge applause for him, particularly from the Gryffindor table and from we girls while everyone else just clapped.

"That giant man deserved it!" Jace said with a low chuckle. I nodded my head in agreement. I chuckled when I saw Hagrid looking down at his hands and a grin visible from his black beard.

"Well, I think that's everything of importance. Let the feast begin!" Dumbledore hollered and the empty golden plates and goblets was filled with food and drink. I wasn't hungry so I just ate a little bit. I just wanted to go and sleep. There was so much of loud and laughter sound that it gave me a headache. Gosh! Kill me already.

Finally, the desert disappeared and Dumbledore said it was time for bed. I gladly got up from my seat and made a beeline towards the Slytherin common room.

"Its you again!" Salazar Slytherin's portrait spoke.

"Yup, me again! Purebloods! Now, open the door." I said and the door opened. I quickly went towards my dorm and saw that me and my girls were again together. Glad, I entered the room and quickly changed into night clothes and crawled into my bed for sleep. I didn't wait for the girls before I slept in because I was tired and my stomach was aching, my head hurt too.

Next Day:

"Wake up, G!" Someone nudged me awake and I woke up with immense pain in my stomach. I brought my knees together and hugged my stomach tightly to lessen the pain.

"Holy-dancing-cows! It hurts!" I felt tears forming in my eyelids due to the pain but I refuse to cry for it.

"You alright, G?" I glared at Jace who got the answer as 'obviously no' from me.

"Listen, freshen up and we will take you to Poppy then, okay?" Erica reasoned out and I nodded my head weekly. I unwrapped myself from the embryo position and Belle helped to move into the bathroom. I locked the door behind me and stripped down.

"Bloody hell!" I cursed loudly and I heard banging from the other side.

"What happened?" Belle asked panicked.

I chuckled nervously before I replied, "Mother nature decided to visit me."

"I will keep your things ready. At least we all now know why you were moody last night." Belle said. I quickly did my morning routine and dressed up quickly. My stomach still hurt but I know it was all because I was down. After I got out of the bathroom, the girls one by one got ready themselves.

"Meet Remus after breakfast. He was worried sick when you ran away like that." Belle told me when we all were on our way towards Great hall.

"Hey Belle!" We all turned around and saw a Ravenclaw guy named, Chris Bons.

"Yes?" Belle asked irritated. Well, she was very hungry and you know never to disturb a hungry woman.

"I heard your father escaped the Azkaban, you sure he won''t come here and kill us? I know he hates muggleborns but still I want to be sure he won't kill us even though I'm a pureblood. You would be disgusted, won't you? I mean your father is mass murderer for Merlin's beard!" A small group was formed around us. Bons had a smirk on his face and his friends were snickering silently. I scowled at him and his baboon friends.

"She would be as disgusted as your mother was when she forgot to use a protection and had you!" I shot back and everyone around me laughed loudly. I smirked when I saw his smirk wipe off and his face turning into a twisted snarl.

"No one asked you to speak, Potter! Don't poke your nose in other people's business for once." He hissed.

"Should have thought before cheating on a girl to get laid." I took a step forward and he looked furious. What can I say? I know how to fire a extinguishing fire. Old flames die hard and right now I know when I spoke, Chris' grudge would open up once again with me. He should have thought before he cheated on Rose for another girl and being the best friend I'm, I took it all upon myself to make the life miserable of him and with the girl he cheated. Since then, he and his baboon tries to bring down us on every opportunity he got.

"Not today, G..But soon." He winked at me and strolled away. I was dumbfounded and was left staring at his treating back. Why the sudden change of demeanor?

"Let it go, G." Belle tugged my arm and we all walked towards Great hall for breakfast. I now have to watch each and every step of mine.