Chapter 11

My head was pounding very badly. I shifted a little, I was lying so something soft yet hard a little. I opened my eyes slowly but groaned in pain due to the sunlight. I turned around and covered my eyes with my hands then opened them and slowly removed my hand from my eyes. My eyes slowly adjusted to my surroundings. I was in the hospital wing. Sunlight was pouring in from the big windows in here. Curtains were pulled around my bed so I couldn't see other beds. It was warm due the the sunlight and the thick blankets wrapped on me. I slowly sat up straight on the bed such that my legs were dangling on the side edge. My feet slowly touched the cold floor that sent goosebumps on my body. I slipped on the slippers kept there and stood up. I felt dizzy and swayed a little and held my head to stop the dizziness. I was wearing a full-sleeved knee length white hospital gown. Even though it was warm but not warm enough to roam in this gown so I picked up a blanket from the bed and wrapped it around me. I slowly walked out of the curtained room towards Madam Pomfrey. She was attending someone else. As soon as she saw me she came running towards me and made me sit on a near my bed.

"Oh dear, you should have called for me instead of coming yourself. You had a nasty hit. You still are not right. You have a concussion." she started while checking my vital signs and the bandage wrapped around my head. When she touched a spot over my head I felt immense pain and I grunted a little and bit my lip hard probably drawing some blood. I am not a person to cry in pain. It will make you look weak in front of others which I don't like.

"Still a sore spot I see." Madam Pomfrey mumbled to herself.

"Would you tell me what happened after the game and how long was I out?" I asked her making my voice as steady and loud as possible. I felt hungry and weak.

"After the bulger hit you in your stomach you hit you head very hard in the stands and lost your consciousness which gave you a concussion. Thank God you were brought here in time or else may have gone to coma. You were out for at least 2 days. " she replied in a slightly terrified voice.

"Who won the game and brought me here?" I asked her further.

"You fell on that Fred Weasley boy. He was the one who brought you here and the Gryffindors one the game. Your brother in the end caught the snitch." she replied while changing my blood covered bandage with a new fresh one.

After that she gave me some medicines to take and allowed me leave. She said the lunch is going to start in half an hour and all my friends and my brother visited me regularly and she had to forcefully kick them out because they won't leave my side. She gave me my robes and uniform and told me to use the hospital's bathroom. I quickly showered but was careful with my head. I changed into my robes. It was exactly lunch time. I felt much better now. I walked out of the hospital slowly and went towards the Great hall. I was one of the first to reach there since students were probably being lazy since it was Sunday. I sat on my usual seat. The food appeared and I started eating alone. Hey! What can I say? I haven't eaten for past two days.

"GRAAACEE" a voice came and tackled me into a bone crushing hug. It was Belle, I laughed and hugged her back.

"Hello" I said to her. Belle was pushed aside and I was hugged by Harry and his friends who I had grown quite close and Harry had started babbling about how worried he was along with everyone else. Then Jace, Rose and Erica hugged me. Even Draco also hugged me and asked me about my health. After him all the quidditch players came.

"Sorry Flint, we couldn't win." I said to Flint.

He smiled and replied,"No worries, Potter! You were the best player out their."

After many hugs and 'how are you now?' from people we all went back to eating our lunch. I asked my friends about the school and homework after that we all chatted leisurely with each other. After finishing lunch I went to Harry to ask about his broom's weird behavior.

"Hell sweetheart, Ron and 'Mione." I greeted them with a grin. I got a happy hellos and continued,"So sweetheart, what happened to your broom that day? I'm sure a new broom like that couldn't malfunction."

"You know Professor Snape hates me?" Harry asked and I nodded and he continued,"He was performing a curse on my broom and was trying to make me fall. Hermione here went to the teachers' stand and put Snape's clock on fire after which he stopped doing the curse."

"Why would Snape do that and how did you know Hermione that Snape was the one doing it?" I asked Hermione.

"You have to do a wand-less magic without breaking the eye contact and Snape never broke the eye contact. I see a curse when I see one." Hermione said smartly. I smiled at her intelligence.

"Well thank you Hermione for saving my brother and Harry, I don't know why Snape would do it but still stay away from his radar." I told Harry and he nodded his head. I said bye to the three and went to my common room.

I saw the girls sitting near the fire wrapped in blankets and parchments and books around them. I smiled at them, the girls knew me too well. Belle and Rose explained what I missed on Friday and later we all helped each other in our homework. After homework we all were having fun in the common room and Belle and I were making plans for our new pranks. It was dinner time. We all went to dinner and came back after a great meal. I still felt dizzy sometimes and Madam Pomfrey had told not to stress to much or else it will make me dizzy. When we came back to common room Draco stopped me.

"You all girls go, I will come soon. Yes Draco?" I asked him. The girls nodded and said good night before they all went to sleep.

"Can you help me with my transfiguration essay, please?" he asked me shyly. I smiled and replied "Sure".

We sat on the couch near the fire place and it was 11 p.m. when we finished his essay. He wrote it himself I just explained it to him.

I stood up and said,"Good Night, Draco" and he replied with a 'night'. I walked upto my dorm. All the girls were sleeping, I changed into my nights clothes and went to sleep with my head pounding a little because I was thinking too much about saying thanks to Fred.

-----------------------

Comment, vote and share as much as you can! <3 These things really motivates me to write more..

Please, do vote and comment! <3