Chapter 17

I saw a big black dog with three heads. Damn! It was very fine piece of creature. I think its of Hagrid. One because he likes these killer kind of creatures, not that I mind and two because he is good old Hagrid. I smiled at Hagrid's obsession with these kind of creatures. First the dragon now this. I think its name was Fluffy from what I heard from Harry in the afternoon. The dog was growling at me but didn't make any moves so did I. I scanned my eyes for something and saw a harp was there. I enchanted the harp and it began to play music. After it started to play music Fluffy's eyes fluttered and it fell asleep. I looked for a door or something like that but found none. Then I looked closely at Fluffy's paw and saw that it was placed above a trap door. I went near it and slowly with caution moved the paw from the door. It growled lowly and I became steady and sighed when it went to sleep. I successfully moved its paw from the trap door. Damn! It was heavy and opened the trap door. I looked inside and everything was pitch black so I just jumped. I fell on something soft yet slimy and slippery. I took out my wand and said,"Lumos!". Now I could see properly. I was stuck in a devil's snare. Sheesh! I didn't move a muscle just sat stuck there like a statue. I soon fell of the devil snare's grip to the ground. I fell on my left side arm. Ouch! That hurt a little. I stood up and dusted my self off and walked forward towards a door and opened it. It was like a tower, going high and I was just at the bottom. Many birds were flying. I walked up to the door and took out my wand again and said,"Alohomora!". But nothing happened. I then looked at the birds again and saw that they were indeed keys with wings. I tried to find a key which might help me open the door. I found a old rusty key flying slower then the rest. A broom was there in the corner. I walked up to the broom and climbed on it and flew up. I might me chaser but I can be a very good seeker also. I chased after the old key. As soon as I caught it all the keys came rushing towards me. I flew upwards and they followed me and I suddenly turned my broom and flew downwards the keys followed me. I reached down and quickly took out my wand and shouted,"Immobulus!" and they all froze in the mid way. I quickly put the old key in the lock and turned it and the door opened.

I saw Harry, Ron and Hermione going through a door and quickly ran to them. As soon as I reached a circular fire flame surrounded us. By the sound of my footsteps Harry and Hermione turned around and gasped loudly and Ron was unconscious and was supported by Harry and Hermione.

"Well, wanna explain me why you're here and why is Ron unconscious?" I asked them with my hands on my hips. Harry and Hermione looked at each other then me.

"Well?" I asked again.

"Ah, y-you see Grace.. we-we were just.." Hermione started but stopped.

"We are here to stop Snape from stealing the Philosopher's stone!" Harry said.

"Philosopher's stone?" I asked them confused.

"It was made by Nicolas Flamel. This stone can turn anything into gold and by drinking this a person can become immortal. Snape is trying to steal it and give it to Voldemort." Hermione cringed when Harry said Voldemort but continued,"Well, I saw Voldemort, very weak and no power and drinking unicorn blood to keep himself alive in the Forbidden forest when we got detention due to Malfoy when he caught us at Hagrid's house. Snape was the one who sold the dragon to Hagrid and found out from a drunk Hagrid on how to get past Fluffy and also he was the one who let the troll in so he could get a chance to steal the stone and he was also the one who bewitched my broom to kill me. He sent a letter to Dumbledore telling that the Ministry needed him urgently and so now Dumbledore gone he is now already inside for stealing the stone." Harry finished and took a deep breath. I nodded and took all the information in.

"Right now I'm not gonna tell you why didn't you tell me all this stuff earlier but I promise you as soon as we get out after whatever stuff we gonna do you're in a big trouble, boy! Right, now what's these potions all about?" I said to Harry then ask Hermione about the small potion bottles in front of us.

"Look! Here's a parchment. I think a clue is written on it. We have to solve this puzzle before we move forward." Hermione said. It was indeed a parchment there with a puzzle clue written in the form of poetry. Harry and I went there and read the parchment over Hermione's shoulder. It said;

Danger lies before you, while safety lies behind,
Two of us will help you, whichever you would find,
One among us seven will let you move ahead,
Another will transport the drinker back instead,
Two among our number hold only nettle-wine,
Three of us are killers, waiting hidden in line
Choose, unless you wish to stay here forevermore
To help you in your choice, we give you these clues four:
First, however slyly the poison tries to hide
You will always find some on nettle wine's left side
Second, different are those who stand at either end
But if you would move onward, neither is your friend;
Third as you see clearly, all are different size
Neither dwarf nor giant hold death in their insides;
Fourth, the second left and the second on the right
Are twins once you taste them, though different at first sight.

"One of the seven potions would give the drinker the ability to safely move forward through the flames, while another would allow the drinker to go back safely." Hermione said the same thing out loud which I was thinking.

"Yeah." I said agreeing with Hermione.

"So? Which two are the potions then?" Harry asked. Hermione and I discussed a little bit and came into a conclusion. Hermione picked up the two bottles which were right.

"You and Grace drink this and stop Snape while I drink this and go back and write to Dumbledore." I took the potion which will help Harry and me to move forward before drinking it a little and passing the bottle to Harry.

"Take care, Hermione." I said before walking out of the flames and waited for Harry. Harry and Hermione had a small conversation before each of them drank the potion and Hermione got back while Harry walked and stood beside me.

"Ready for this, ickle brother?" I asked Harry with a sly smile.

"Ready." Harry said and looked up at me with nervousness in his eyes.

"Now or never" I said and held his right arm before walking slowly towards the door.

The feeling that something bad was going to happen was in my gut. But the curiosity of finding out the secrets burned inside me. Now is not the time to be terrified so I just thought of being brave for Harry. I let go of Harry's hand opened the door and we entered in.

"Well, well, well. Look who do we have here, The Potter brother and sister." said a man who I never believed can do something like this even though I never seemed to trust him. To say Harry and I were not surprised would be an understatement.

-----------------------

Comment, vote and share as much as you can! <3 These things really motivates me to write more..

Please, do vote and comment! <3