Chapter 75

"Belle you knew?" I heard Harry ask in shock and Ron muttered something. I felt a heavy ache in my head. Well, whatever I think I am gonna nurse my head later. Whatever, Belle had told them has left them in shock. How did I miss out whatever she had said when I was just standing behind the wall all along? Arg!

"Expelliarmus!" Remus suddenly shouted. Harry's wand flew out of his hand, so did the two Hermione was holding. Remus caught them all deftly, then moved into the room, staring at Sirius, who still had Crookshanks lying protectively across his chest. Belle was calm right now, her face expressionless.

Then Remus spoke, in a very tense voice,"Where is he, Sirius?" Excuse me, Remus but why the hell are you ignoring the whole Harry and his gang being here and Belle knowing about Sirius situation.

Sirius's face was quite expressionless too. For a few seconds, he didn't move at all. Then, very slowly, he raised his empty hand and pointed straight at Ron. I looked at Ron confused. What the hell did Ron do? Everyone's expression was of confused except Remus and Belle. Belle knew something, didn't she?

"But then..." Remus muttered, staring at Sirius so intently it seemed he was trying to read his mind, "... why hasn't he shown himself before now? Unless" -- Remus's eyes suddenly widened, as though he was seeing something beyond Sirius, something none of the rest could see, "-- unless he was the one... unless you switched... without telling me?" Very slowly, I saw Sirius's sunken gaze never leaving Remus's face, Sirius nodded.

"Professor," Harry interrupted loudly, "what's going on --?" But stopped when we saw Remus lowering his wand and stucking out his hand to Sirius which he clasped and stoop up with the help of Belle. Crookshanks fell out of his chest.

"DON'T BELIEVE IT!" Hermione screamed. Lupin let go of Sirius and turned to her. She had raised herself off thefloor and was pointing at Remus, wild-eyed. "You -- you --", she shuttered.

"Hermione --" Remus tried to stop her.

"-- you and him!" Hermione continued.

"Hermione, calm down --" Remus said with a caution.

"I didn't tell anyone!" Hermione shrieked. "I've been covering up for you --"

"Hermione, listen to me, please" Remus shouted. "I can explain --"
"I trusted you," Harry shouted at Remus, his voice wavering, out of control, "and all the time you've been his friend!"

"You're wrong," said Remus. "I haven't been Sirius's friend, but I am now -- Let me explain...."

"NO!" Hermione screamed. "Harry, don't trust him, he's been helping Black get into the castle, he wants you dead too -- he's a werewolf!"

There was a ringing silence. Everyone's eyes were now on Remus, who looked remarkably calm, though rather pale.