Chapter 1

Andy was doing her usual routine of homework when there was a knock at her door. Without thinking much of it, she opened it, with her book still in her hand.

"Well that's no way to welcome your brother back from military school."

Andy's head snapped up and a squeal blared out of her mouth before dropping her book and jumping into his arms. Her brother's arms wrapped around her and he spun her around.

"Hey baby girl."

"I can't believe you're back."

Andy had missed her brother Leo more than anything and with him gone for the last four years of their lives to serve their country, they hardly were able to see each other.

"What and miss your graduation?"

Andy pulled away looking down at her brother.

"What about yours?"

"Well that's why I'm here; you're flying back with me, mines this weekend."

Leo put Andy down, but didn't step away from her as he was about to let her know the news.

"But..."

"No butts, you've been left alone too long. It's time we let go of this house and you move back home with me."

"But this is our home and I can't just leave."

"Mom and dad are gone Andy, we have to sell the house."

"But it's paid for and everything! I'm paying the bills!"

"And it's draining you. You deserve more than working two jobs and going to school to keep this house going."

"But I'm happy." Andy pouted.

"When was the last time you dated?" Her brother was looking around the house, seeing how nothing has changed.

Andy glared at him. How dare he bring up her lonely life, one she had chosen it after their parents died.

"Answer me Andy." he looked back at her, waiting for her answer.

"I don't want to date anyone, I'm too busy." She then picked up her book and walked towards the living room where she was studying for her last final.

"Exactly, you're twenty three years old, live a little!" He threw his hands up, sitting down on the opposite sofa.

Andy sighed, shaking her head and began to ready, well at least tried.

"I told you that I was happy here."

Leo sighed and shook his head at her but wasn't giving up on it.

"I sold the house."

Andy's head snapped up.

"You did what?"

"I sold the house. I was offered a very large amount for it and I took it. You're coming home with me after graduation... end of story."

Leo being the oldest was given rights to all their parent's estates and he only allowed Andy to live here for this long because he thought that he was doing the best for her, but now that he had a permanent job; it was time to bring her home. So with that Leo grabbed his bag and went up to call the moving company he's been in contact the last couple of months with and his friend and mentor.

"How did she take it?" Leo had called his friend and mentor first.

"As expected, she's going to fight me until she sees that this is the best for her."

"Have you...."

"No, she'll never come if I tell her. I'll let her know when we arrive. Then I'll have you there when I tell her."

"Of course, well I'm looking forward to meeting this famous sister of yours."

"Yeah, hopefully she'll behave."

"I'm sure she will."

They spoke for a couple more minutes about work then Leo went down stairs to see his sister getting the table ready. One thing he loved most about his sister was that she took care of him, regardless if she was mad or not. It's why he had to bring her home, it was time someone took care of her.

"Not mad?"

Andy shook her head, but didn't look up at him. She was hurt and sad, but not mad. She understood her brother, but it was going to be hard leaving everything back. This was the home they grew up in and where Andy last saw her parents alive before their lives were taken away.

"You'll like Texas; you've always wanted a farm right?"

Andy shrugged, going back to the kitchen and grabbing the enchiladas, her brother's favorite.

"Andy, it's what's best for you, for us."

Andy nodded, sitting down.

"I made your favorite."

Leo sighed and sat across from his sister as she began to serve him. They ate in silence until Leo couldn't take it.

"Please say something."

Andy wanted to ask him a ton of questions about where they're going to live and if she was allowed to take some things with her besides her own personal things, but she wasn't really in the mood to open her mouth.

"I have nothing to say." 

"Don't you want to be with me, your brother?"

"I'm happy here."

"You'll be happier in Texas. You won't have to work two jobs."

"Three."

Andy looked up at her brother.

"I have three. I babysit on the weekends."

Leo smiled, shaking his head as he wasn't surprised that his sister would take on an extra job.

"Of course you do."

Andy shrugged, she loved babies, and it's why she took college courses during high school so she could become a nurse sooner. With her internships at the hospital, her waitressing job, babysitting and school, she was happy.

Leo was proud of his sister, but she was only twenty three and she looked like she was his age of twenty five. His sister deserved a good life, a life where she didn't have to worry about paying this or doing that, but a life where she could do what she loves and live a normal life.

"You'll like the house I got; it has its own pool and a large back yard. It's big enough for the both of us and my wife."

Andy looked up at his brother then.

"Your wife? You got married, when?"

"A year ago, we're expecting our first child next month."

Andy got up then.

"Andy ... I was going to tell you, I just..."

Andy shook her head and started clearing up the table. This was the reason she was happy with where she was because she wouldn't have to deal with being lied too or kept out of people's lives if she didn't have time. She just focused on her goals and kept people out of it, including her own brother. Now it seemed he was keeping her out of his as well.

"Andy, I'm sorry."

"It's your life Leo; I'm no one to tell you what you should and shouldn't do."

"But your opinion matters."

Andy had to laugh, but she didn't say anything else, she just walked away before she told him what she really thought.

"Andy!