Meet the Howlters

YEAR: 2015

[Dan's POV]

"I'm so nervous," Phil said.
"You're gonna do great," I kissed his forehead.
"Are you sure you're ready?"
"Yeah," I nodded.
"Dan, Phil, you're on in 5,"
"Thanks," we simultaneously said as we walked into the radio studio.

"Hello everyone," I said. "Dan here!"
"And Phil!"
"Now before we get to anything fun we have something rather serious to say," there was a long awkward pause.
"Say something!" Phil laughed.
"Okay, okay," I chuckled, " Phil and I are officially coming out..." There was another awkward silence. "Okay now its time for another Dan versus Phil!"

YEAR: 2022

"I'm so nervous," Phil said as we walked into the hospital.
"Don't be," I grabbed his hand, "I bet everything went perfectly,"
"Really?"
"Yeah,"

We continued walking through the hospital trying to find the maternity ward. When we walked in the nurse nearly passed out.

"Oh my god!" she cheered. "You're Dan and Phil Howlter!"
"Yes we are," I awkwardly said.
"Why are you guys here?"
"We're here to pick up our child..." Phil whispered.
"Oh yeah duh," she laughed.
"They're over here,"
"Excuse me," I pulled her aside, "THEY'RE"
"Yeah, didn't she tell you?"
"NO!" we shouted.
"WE ARE READY FOR ONE!"
"Shhh," the nurse said.
"Sorry," I mumbled.
"Here they are," she smiled. Phil and I walked over to the little cribs and began crying tears of joy. "There's a girl and a boy. What do you want to name them?"
"DON'T YOU DARE!" I yelled to Phil.
"Calm down I'm not gonna name her Susan," we stared at them a little more. "Can we name the boy Winston?"
"No!" I yelled.
"Please!" he begged. 
"I'm gonna take you two out of here," the nurse began pushing up into a waiting room.
"WE CAN NICKNAME HIM WINNIE!"
"Okay," I chuckled.
"Really?"
"Yeah...you had me at Winnie..." I gave Phil a quick kiss.
"What can we name the girl?" he pouted while blushing.
"Delilah,"
"Why?" Phil laughed.
"Her nickname can be Dil," I beamed. "These children are doomed," I bluntly said.
"Have you worked out the names?" the nurse asked.
"Yeah," we nodded.
"What are they?" she asked while pulling out her pen.
"Delilah and Winston,"
"Beautiful names," she smiled, "alright now you can hold them,"
"Why can't we take them home?"
"Well, you said yourself, you thought that you were only getting one child. You need 2 baby carriers, 2 cribs, and just 2 of everything,"
"Oh...alright," I had a disappointed tone in my voice.
"Dan, we should go," Phil whispered.
"But I don't wanna leave them!"
"Well if you want to take them home, we need to get stuff for them. C'mon,"
"Oh alright," I pouted.
"I'll see you tomorrow," the nice nurse said.
"Bye," I sighed, "see you tomorrow,"

Later that day, after we bought all the baby stuff, we were in our flat, struggling to put everything together.

"AAHH!" Phil shrieked from the spare room.
"What did you do now?" I asked as I walked into the room.
"The crib keeps falling apart!"
"Phil, we shoulda just paid the guy to put it together,"
"but I wanted to put this one together on my own!"
"Phil," I sighed, "you break things more than you fix,"
"I know," he pouted, "do you wanna give this a try?" he asked while handing me a screwdriver.
"I guess," I rubbed the back of my head.

I sat down next to Phil and began scanning through the instructions. I was able to put the crib with ease; same goes for the play pen, high chair, and little swing.

The next day, Phil and I woke up rather early so we could pick Winston and Delilah up from the hospital.

"I'm so nervous..." Phil said.
"You always say that!" I chuckled as I gave him a hug from behind. "You always end up doing great,"
"I know," he sighed.
"C'mon," I said as I backed out of the hug, "let's go." Phil and I both grabbed a carrier and left for the hospital.

We took a taxi down to the hospital around 8 in the morning, which to us was like the middle of the night. About ten minutes after we left I pulled out my phone and wanted to tweet, but I stopped myself.

"Are ye alright?" Phil asked.
"I just forgot we haven't told anyone yet," I let out a chuckle. "I just wanna share my excitement with the fans,"
"Well...what's left of them,"
"Yeah..." I shrugged and put my phone back in my pocket.

Once we arrived at the hospital we tipped to driver and went inside. Phil and I quickly held hands and awkwardly walked inside. We went straight to the maternity ward to finish up the paperwork and pick up the kids. After about an hour we were able to take them home.

"Here they are," a nurse whispered, "they're sleeping,"
"They're so cute," I said as I set the carrier down on the ground. "Am I allowed to pick them up?"
"Of course,"

I smiled and picked Delilah up. I craddled the sleeping baby in my arms and slowly lowered her into her carrier. Next Phil picked Winston up and placed him in his carrier.

"Good luck you two,"
"Thanks," Phil and I said.
"I was talking to the kids," she gave us a smile and waved.

Phil and I walked out of the hospital and made our journey home. Once we got home we tipped the cab driver once more and headed towards the flat. I struggled to open the door with the carrier in my hand. Once I opened the door, we struggled to fit through the narrow hallway to get to our flat.

"Welcome home guys," I said as we walked into the apartment. "Well..." I turned to Phil as I set Delilah's carrier down, "we're parents..."

That night was difficult; we had no idea what we were doing.

"Hey Phil,"
"Yeah?"
"Wanna make a quick video?"
"Dan, we haven't made anything in 5 years,"
"I know," I slouched into my sofa crease. "People should know..."
"Fine, make a video if you want," he yawned, "I'm going to bed," he leaned over and gave me a quick kiss. "I love you,"
"I love you too," I smiled as I reached for my laptop but then stopped myself from opening it.

I pursed my lips and got up from the couch. I made my way to my bed room and changed into my pajamas. I crawled into bed and spooned Phil.

"I thought you were making a video," he chuckled.
"I decided to do it when the kids are awake," I laughed back. "Night,"
"Night."

The next morning, the kids woke us up around 5.

"I'm gonna make some coffee," Phil said as he got out of bed.
"I'll get the kids..." I mumbled. I walked out of the room and into Winston's. "Hey," I picked him up, "shhh...its alright..." I carried him into the dining room and set him down in his high chair. "Phil, where's the formula?"
"Top shelf of the pantry,"
"Thanks," I walked over and grabbed the can and began mixing his formula. Then Delilah began crying. "Phil go get her," I said while feeding Winston.
"I'm so tired," Phil said as he set Delilah down in her high chair.
"I'm in the mood for lying down on my patch of carpet," I sighed.
"I'm not quite at the existential crisis tired point yet," he laughed.

The day was rather fun; we were still trying to process we're parents thing.

"Hey,"
"What?"
"Do ye wanna make a video now?" Phil chuckled.
"Sure," I got up from the couch and grabbed my camera and microphone. I set them up and got the lighting just right. "Ready?"
"Ready..."

I took a deep breath and hit the record button.

"Hello internet."