Epilogue

[Dan's POV]

"Phil!" I called. "Phil! Where are you? I'm scared!" I started walking around, looking for someone, or something. "Phil!" I cried. "Where are you?"
"Dan?" I heard someone yell. "Dan!"
"Phil? Where are you?"
"I'm here, Dan!" he said.
"Phil," I smiled.

We ran towards each other, like it was the first time we met. When we reached, Phil picked me up, and spun me around; we haven't been able to do that in years. I wrapped my legs around him, and started crying in the crook of his neck. After a few minutes, I lifted my head and dried Phil's eyes, before drying mine.

"Look how young you are," I giggled.
"Look how young you are," Phil repeated. "You can't be older than thirty-one."
"Well then, I guess that makes you thirty-five, old man," I smirked.
"Actually shut up," Phil laughed as he set me down.
"Wait..." I whispered.
"What?"
"I know why I'm here... Why the hell are you here?"
"I'm afraid I don't understand."
"I died because of my Alzheimer's... What happened to you?"
"I died of a broken heart."
"Bullshit," I chuckled.
"Okay, okay," he smiled. "I had a heart attack... But, it kinda makes you wonder... Can a person really die of a broken heart?"
"You're so fucking sappy," I teased.
"I missed you," Phil whispered.
"I missed you too," I said. "So, um, do you know where we are?"
"I'm just gonna assume the afterlife, but what the hell do I know."
"So, there's no such thing as time or anything..."
"Yeah, I guess."
"We can do whatever we want..."
"Yeah..."
"Wanna go back?" I asked.
"In time? How?"
"Well... not necessarily..."
"Then what are you asking?"
"I just wanna go back and... relive it, if you will."
"If you want," he said. "Where do you wanna go?"
"The beginning..."
"Come on then."

***

YEAR: 2009

"Phil!" I yelled.
"Dan!"
"Phil," I gasped.

We stood in the middle of the train station for a bit, just staring at each other. Then, I dropped my bags, and ran to him as he ran to me. We hugged each other, and we started crying tears of joy. I never thought this would happen...

"Hi," I blushed.
"Hi," Phil laughed.
"I can't believe I'm meeting you. I-I can't believe you're real. Oh, I'm rambling, please stop-" I was cut off by a quick kiss Phil had planted on my lips. "Wow..."

"You were too cute," Phil said.
"Oh, shut up. I was star struck, could you blame me?" I said. "I was meeting the love of my life..."
"Now you're the sappy one," Phil smirked. "Where do you wanna go next?"

I didn't answer him. I just gazed at our younger selves, and just thought about all the things they would go through. All the adventures they would go on, all the sorrows they would live through, and the things they would accomplish.

"You guys are gonna do just fine," I whispered. "Don't worry..."
"Let's go, Dan," Phil said.
"Coming," I replied. I looked back at the couple and couldn't help but smile. "Have a nice life, you two..." I lightly chuckled. "You don't even know what's coming."

***

YEAR: 2015

"Where are we now?" I asked.
"Our wedding. Sit," he said, taking a seat in the last row of chairs.

"And do you, Daniel James Howell, take Philip Michael Lester, to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do you part?"
"I do," I beamed.
"Then I declared you husband, and well... husband! You may kiss the groom."

"Do you remember this?" Phil asked.
"Like it was yesterday," I said, resting my head on his shoulder. "You looked so handsome..."
"More than usual?" he teased.
"Oh, definitely," I said. "I'm kidding, but you did look very nice."
"Thanks," he said. "Where do you wanna go next?"
"I don't know... surprise me..."