Happy Christmas

YEAR: 2022

[Dan's POV]

Christmas was right around the corner and thankfully people had toned down the hate comments. Phil and I had no idea what we were going to do, it was our first Christmas with kids. I mean Phil and I could barley get gifts for ourselves, never mind two extra people and a dog.

"Phil!" I yelled from the living room.
"What?" he yelled back, with Delilah in his arms.
"Look," I smiled at Winston.
"Oh my god! He's sitting up!" Phil cheered.
"I know!" I chuckled. "Now stand," I joked.
"A few more months Dan," he sat down next to me. "I wonder if Dil knows how to sit up," he set Delilah down on the floor to see if she was able to sit up. "Oh my god! She can sit up too!" he continued cheering. As we cheered in the living room, Susan ran through and knocked them down.
"No Susan! Bad girl!" I said as I picked Winston up. "He's alright," I took a breath of relief.
"So what should we get them for Christmas?" Phil asked as he picked Delilah up.
"I don't know," I shrugged, "when I was younger I got a big plush Winnie the Pooh, maybe they'd like that," I suggested.
"That sounds like a great idea! But...where would it go?"
"We'll find a place," I smiled.
"I'll go on an amazon hunt tomorrow," he chuckled.
"I'm not getting up at 7 am to get the package," I said.
"Well...its gonna be big, we'll have to get it together,"
"Sounds fair," I continued smiling as he rested his head on my shoulder.
"What else should we get them?"
"Onsies!" Phil exclaimed.
I broke out into laughter as I held tired Winston. "Wh-What should we get them?" I said as I collected myself.
"A dinosaur and a lion,"
"Phil," I continued laughing, "I just..."
"You just what?" he laughed with me.
"I just love you," I smiled as I kissed his forehead.

As we sat on the ground, watching Winnie the Pooh, enjoying each others company, someone randomly rang the doorbell.

"Are we expecting anybody?"
"Not until seven," Phil replied. "What time is it now?"
"Four. Wait...who's coming over at seven?"
"The pizza man," he smiled.
"Oh," I chuckled. "I'll go get the door I guess," I set Winston down and headed for the front door. By the time I reached the door, I was out of breath. "Who is it?" I asked through the door.
"Tyler!" he cheered.
I scrambled to open the door, "Hi!" I said as I invited him in. "Where's Troye?"
"Somewhere," he rolled his eyes.
"You seem really tired," I observed.
"Well when you have a newborn that tends to happen,"
"YOU GOT THE KID!" I yelled.
"Yep, a little girl,"
"What's her name?"
"Stefanie,"
"Why Stefanie?"
"Because that's my queens name,"
"You did not name her after Lady Gaga,"
"Yes I did," he chuckled. "Her full name us Stefanie Gaga Oakley,"
"Our children are doomed," I pinched the bridge of my nose.
"Next time help me with the baby stuff," Troye complained as he held a baby carrier and a bag.
"Tyler you need to help him!" I said as I took the baby carrier. "Come on up," I said as I lead them up the stairs. "Phil we have company!" I yelled as I stumbled though the door.
"Who's here? The house is a mess!" he said as he stood up and held Susan back.
"Its Tyler and Troye," I mumbled as I carried Stephanie into the living room.
"Who's this?" Phil said as he let go of Susan's collar.
"Stefanie," I continued mumbling.
"Oh you guys got the kid!"
"Yeah," Tyler chuckled.
"What's her name again?"
"I told you, it's Stefanie,"
"Dan honey I can't hear you half the time, you know that,"
"Bugger off," I enunciated, "her name is Stefanie,"
"Hi Stefanie!" Phil said as I set her carrier down on the couch. "May I pick her up?"
"Go ahead," Troye yawned.
"How tired are you guys?" Phil chuckled.
"We haven't slept in weeks," Tyler said as he sat down on the couch. "So Dan, you're going to brainwash your kids the same way your parents brainwashed you?" he weakly laughed.
"Just trying to make them articulate," I said as I sat down next to Winston.
"So they learned how to sit up?" Troye asked he sat on the other side of Winston.
"Yeah, it happened this morning," Phil smiled as laid down on the ground.
"Phil get up," I chuckled.
"No! I'm comfortable," he said as he placed a sleepy Delilah on his chest.
"Phil put her in her play pen,"
"No!"
"Whatever,"

The day went by, Tyler and Troye decided to stay for dinner. A few weeks passed and it was Christmas day.

"Okay is everything set up?" I checked the living room.
"Winnie's in the corner, little toys are wrapped under the tree, onsies are in the stockings, alright, should we wake them up?" Phil nervously asked.
"Yeah..."
We both walked into a room and woke them up.
"Merry Christmas!" we cheered as we walked into the living room with Delilah and Winston.

We sat them down against the big plush Winnie the Pooh, they immediately fell in love with it. We placed their gifts in front them, they proceeded to rip open their gifts, not even knowing what they were opening.

"Okay, I think we should put them in their onsies now," Phil said. "Dan can we get into ours!"
"I don't see why not," I chuckled.

We went into our room and quickly changed into our onsies before walking back into the living room to get the kids changed. We gave Winston the lion onsie and we gave Delilah the dinosaur one.

"Okay, I'm getting coffee, do you want a cup?" Phil asked as he stood up.
"Yeah I'll take a cup," I replied as I took pictures of Delilah and Winston sitting on their Winnie plush. A few minutes later Phil returned with two cups of coffee.
"Disney mug for you,"
"Thanks," I smiled as I took a sip.
"Whisker mug for me," he took a sip, "what are you gonna do with the pictures?"
"Probably post them on twitter, tumblr, and Instagram,"
"Can't wait to see them," he said as he set his mug down and cuddled up next to me. "I'm so tired!" he whinned.
"Then take a nap," I wrapped my left arm around him.
"I'd feel bad leaving you to take care of them alone," he mumled into my chest.
"Its alright," I rubbed his shoulder, "take a nap," I whispered.
"Thanks bear," he smiled.
"Welcome lion."