Moving Day

YEAR: 2026

[Phil's POV]

"Who said we're not a family?" Dan angrily mumbled.
"That man who just gave us his house," Winston pouted.
"Don't listen to him Winnie," I said. "We are a family, no matter what anyone says. Okay?"
"Okay..."
"But Phil, that's the thing, it's not okay. Someone insulted our family!"
"Dan, I know, he's a...you know what, but that doesn't matter. He's not worth your time,"
"You're right," he sighed.
"Come on, we have to get home. There's a lot to do,"
"Like what?"
"Well, we need to cancel the WiFi cancel the cable, get everything packed up, call a moving truck, and so on. And it'll take twice, if not three times longer than it did in Manchester, y'know, since we have more than one floor and two kids to manage." I explained as the cab pulled up.
"You're right," Dan mumbled as we all got into the cab.

We began our long, silent drive back to London. When we got home we immediately went to the storage room in the basement and grabbed a few boxes.

"What should we pack up first?" I asked.
"The lounge," Dan mumbled.
"Alright,"
"Daddy, do you want us to help?" Delilah asked.
"If you want. We won't make you though if you don't want to," I said.
"Should we pack up our rooms?" she asked.
"If you want,"
"I'm going to," Delilah said, clearly trying to come off as the favourite.
"Okay," Dan and I shrugged.
"Here's a box," Dan said as he handed her a medium sized box.
"Thanks Bear!" she cheered as she ran into her room.
"Mhmm,"
"Do you wanna pack up your room Winnie? You live in a literal closet so it wouldn't take that long,"
"Yeah, I guess," he moped as he grabbed a box and headed upstairs.
"We should make a day in the life video," Dan joked.
"Let's do it," I said as I scrambled to find a camera.
"Phil I was joking,"
"I'm not. Come on, where's the camera?"
"Just use your phone," he rolled his eyes as he started packing up the video games.
I pulled up my camera and started recording.
"Hi guys! So Dan and I have some news," I turned the camera onto Dan.
"We're moving!" he cheered.
"Yeah!" I turned the camera back onto me. "As much as we love this place, we can't stay, it's getting way too crowded. The kids are getting older, Susan's getting bigger, and we just don't have room for anything anymore,"
"For god sake, Winnie's living in a closet!" Dan yelled as he threw the rest if the games in the box with the controllers.
"So yeah, we're gonna film us packing everything up and unpacking at the new house,"
"This is gonna be the longest, day in the life, video ever," Dan chuckled.
"Its more of a month in the life ," I smiled.
"That's not a thing," Dan laughed.
"I'll make it a thing!" I cheered. "Okay, it's time for...a packing montage." I set the camera down and put it on time lapse.

We recorded us packing up the entire lounge. When we finished, I immediately picked up my phone and took it off of time lapse.

"We're done," I yawned.
"Good job," Dan mumbled as he gave me a quick kiss.
"Dan..." I blushed.
"Oh shit," Dan's cheeks went red as he noticed me filming. "Oh I give literally zero fucks," Dan grabbed my face again and kissed me. "I should stop before this video gets flagged," he laughed. "I'll see how Dil's doing,"
"I'll go check on Winnie," I headed upstairs and walked into Winston's room.
"Hi dad," he smiled.
"Hey," I sat down on his bed and put the camera on him. "So your rooms all packed?"
"Yep," he nodded.
"Good job," I pat his head, "come on downstairs, bear ordered a pizza, it should be here any minute,"
"Okay," he got up and ran downstairs.

I followed him downstairs and went into Delilah's room.

"Hey Dil,"
"Hey daddy," she mumbled as she packed up the last of her toys.
"Do you wanna say hi to my subscribers?"
"Hi!" she cheered as she put her face right in front of the lense.
"Are you hungry?" I asked.
"Yeah. Bear said he ordered a pizza,"
"He did," I smiled. "Are you excited to move into the new house?"
"Yeah, I guess," she shrugged.
"PIZZA'S HERE!" Dan yelled from the barren lounge.
"Yay pizza!" Delilah cheered as she ran into the lounge.
"Well that's all for today. Bye guys!"

For the entire week, all I did was vlog the family packing up the house. As we were about to bring the last box downstairs, Dan stopped me.

"What?" I laughed.
"Let's take a picture," he grinned.
"Okay," I chuckled. I took out my phone and put it in position.
"No, I don't want a selfie,"
"Then what do u want?"
"Winnie! Please come here for a minute!"
"Yeah bear?" he asked as he ran into the hallway.
"Would you mind taking a picture of me and your father?"
"Sure," he shrugged.
"Okay, take the picture when I tell you to,"
"Okay,"
"Okay Phil, sit on my legs,"
"What!"
Dan put his legs up on the wall. "Sit on my legs,"
"Okay..." I nervously said. I sat on Dan's legs, but my feet didn't get off the ground. "Dan, are you sure you can hold me?"
"Just get on my fucking legs." I sighed and crossed my legs. "Okay now kiss me," he gave me a cheeky smile.
"Dan-" he grabbed my face and made me kiss him. Without even knowing it, Winston took the picture.
"Okay, here." Dan took the phone and smiled at the picture.
"Thanks Winnie, it's perfect,"
"You're welcome," he ran off the join his sister in the empty lounge.
"I love you," I smiled as I sat on his legs.
"I know," I kissed him once more. "Now get off me you spork. We have to get to the new house,"
"Okay," I chuckled as I got off his legs.

We picked up the last boxes and walked downstairs. We put the boxes in the moving truck and headed back to the front door.

"Well...this is it," I sighed as I put my head on Dan's shoulder.
"It's the end of an era..."
"Now it's time to start a new one." Dan looked over and smiled. He placed a soft kiss on my forehead and grabbed my hand.
"Come on, we gotta go," we each took a kids hand and faced the flat.

I pulled out my phone and continued to vlog.

"Well, this is it..." I walked up to the door and grabbed the handle. "So long old friend," I said as I called the door. "You will be missed," I said as I started to cry. "Time to go to our new house,"

I turned off my phone and got into the cab with the family. Dan and I silently cried as we drove to the new house. When we arrived, Dan and I dried our eyes and got out; I started vlogging again.

"Hey guys!"