Susan

YEAR: 2022

[Phil's POV]

It was a few days before Halloween and we were out buying costumes for Delilah and Winston.

"So where are we going to pick up the costumes?"
"Primark," Dan said as he put Winston in his carrier.
"Really?"
"Yes! Let me be my cheap self!"
"Alright," I chuckled as I finished packing up the diaper bag. "So are we gonna make our first scary video tonight?"
"Its gonna be hard but yeah...I'll try not to scream to loud,"
"Promise me you won't fall out of any chairs,"
"Now you know that's something I can't promise." I rolled my eyes at my easily scared husband. "C'mon we better go before it gets to crowded,"
"Alright," I picked Delilah up in her carrier and we began heading for Pimark.
"Ye have to backpack right?" Dan double checked.
"Could never leave without it," I smiled.

As we walked, we enjoyed the spooky scenery that surrounded us. I loved London whenever a major holiday came around. Every inch of the city would always be decorated. On our way there we passed a pet store; there was a sheeb in the window that I absolutely absolutely fell in love with.

"Dan, can we go inside that pet store?"
"Why?"
"Cause there's a sheeb in the window!"
"Phil our apartment is crowded enough! Last thing we need is another living thing!"
"Please!"
"No Phil!"
"Can we at least go in and play with it for a few minutes?"
"But-"
"Please!"
"Oh alright," he rolled his eyes as we walked into the pet shop.
"Hi my name is Christy! How can I help you today?"
"Well, my husband wanted to look at the Shiba Inu,"
"She's the sweetest thing! Would you like to play with her for a few minutes?"
"Yes!" Phil cheered.
"Alright, I'll go get her out of her cage, you guys can go in one of the play rooms,"
"Alright, thank you," We walked into a play room and set the kids carriers down on a bench. "I can't believe you talked me into this," Dan chuckled.
"Here she is," Christy said. "She's very nice and very playful. She's probably the best dog we have here. Almost never barks," she smiled. "I'll leave her with you guys for a few minutes. Come and get me when you're done,"
"Alright thank you," I nodded.
"Dan she's so cute!" I cheered. The dog hopped onto me and began licking my face. "She's such a sweet heart!" I pet the playful puppy some more. "I'm gonna call you-"
"You are not calling her Susan!"
"Why not?" I laughed as I pet the dog.
"You just can't!"
"I'm gonna call her Susan anyway," I smiled as she sat on my lap. "Come on Dan, just pet her!"
"Fine," he huffed. "Come here Susan," he said in a playful voice. The dog hopped off my lap and ran over to Dan. She began trying to nuzzle her way under his arm. "Oh you're so sweet!" he said as be pet her.
"So can we get her?"
"Can we at least see how she reacts with the kids?"
"Fine..." I sighed and took Delilah out of her carrier as Dan took Winston out of his. We sat the infants down on our laps and waited for the dog to get acquainted with them. The dog immediately fell in love with them; she nuzzled her face against their legs and licked their cheeks.
"Okay, we have to get her," Dan smiled.
"Really!" I cheered.
"Yes,"
"Thank you, thank you!" I cheered as I kissed her cheek.
"You're such a child," he chuckled. We put the kids back into their carriers and walked out of the room to find Christy.
"So?" she smiled.
"We'll take her," Dan said.
"Alright, you have to fill out some paperwork-"
"Um, we have to do a bit of shopping first, would you mind if we did the paperwork later?"
"Oh not at all," she grabbed a pen and notepad, "what are your names, just so I make sure no one else sees her?"
"Dan and Phil Howlter,"
"Howlter? I feel like I've heard that name before..."
"How old are you?" Dan asked.
"23, why?"
"Did you ever watch YouTube when you were younger?"
"Oh my god yes! All the time!"
"Did you ever watch danisnotonfire or amazingphil?"
"Yes! I loved them, until um...they came out..." Dan and I twisted our faces. "Oh my god," she covered her mouth and gave us an apologetic look. "You're Dan and Phil! Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you!"
"Its okay," Dan lied, "we're use to it,"
"Oh I feel awful! I-I don't have a problem now, I completely support you guys, its just...back then I lived with my parents and they were really homophobic and-"
"Its okay," I stopped her, "we understand,"
"I'm sorry," she cried.
"Its fine!" I assured.
She gave us a weak smile and wrote out names on the paper.
"Come and pick her up whenever you're ready,"
"Alright, thank you,"

Dan and I walked out and continued our walked to Primark.

"I can't believe we bought a dog," Dan laughed.
"Why's that so funny?"
"I don't know," he shrugged, "just is,"

When we arrived at Primark we bought Winston's Winnie the Pooh costume and then began looking for a costume for Delilah.

"She should be Piglet!" I cheered.
"Oh alright," Dan smiled as he grabbed the costume off the rack.

We bought the costumes and a few bags of candy and began making our way back to the pet store.

"We're back!" I said.
"Here," Christy said as she handed us a few large bags full of things to take care of a dog.
"Why are you giving this to us?" Dan asked.
"I treated you guysvwith such disrespect and the manager told me to give this stuff to you,"
"Thanks very kind of you," I smiled.
"It was no trouble. Come into the back room, the dog is already set up in her harness, all ready to be walked home. All you guys need to do is finish some paperwork,"
"Okay," we simultaneously said.

We went into the back room and filled out some paperwork so we could take the dog home.

"Alright, she's all yours,"
"Thank you," we both said.
"Come on Susan," I said as I took ahold of her leash.

We walked out of the pet shop and headed home. I wanted nothing more than to hold Dan's hand but I just couldn't.

"Its so nice to be home my god," Dan said as he lugged everything into the living room.
"Its getting late. I'm gonna feed the kids then put them to bed okay?"
"Alright, I'll set up the dog crate for Susan," Dan smiled.

I fed the kids and put them to sleep which was rather easy, considering they were already so tired. After about 10 minutes Dan and I met up in the office.

"Ready for some scary games?" I asked.
"Yeah..."