Birthday

YEAR: 2027

[Dan's POV]

I woke up, earlier than usual, only because it was a very special day. It was January 30th; Phil's 40th birthday. I sat on my phone and waited for Phil to wake up. When he started rolling around I set my phone down and stared at him.

"Morning," I smiled as I kissed his head.
"Mmm," he grumbled.
"Happy birthday," I whispered.
"Thank you,"
"Do you want your present?"
"What is it?" he smiled as he rolled over. I gave him a cheeky grin and got on top of him. "No no no,"
"What?" Then I felt Phil push me onto my side of the bed.
"I top," he smiled as he got on top of me. He began kissing my neck and tugging at the hem if my shirt. Then we heard little creaks coming towards our bedroom door.
"Later," I said as I gave him a quick kiss and pushed him off.
"Happy birthday daddy!" The kids yelled as they ran into our bedroom.
"I wanna hug dad first!" Winston yelled.
"No I wanna hug daddy first!" Delilah fought.
"How about you both hug me? Y'know at the same time," Phil chuckled as he held his arms open.
"Happy birthday dad..." They mumbled into Phil's chest as they gave him a tight hug. "We love you,"
"I love you guys too," he said as he rubbed their backs.
"I love you more," I smiled.
"I know," he laughed.
"Come on, you guys gotta get ready for school,"
"But bear-" they complained.
"No buts. Time for school. Please go get ready,"
"Fine," they sighed. "Happy birthday dad," the said once more.
"Thanks guys," Phil yawned.
"I'll get them ready," I gave him a quick kiss and got out of bed.
"Thanks," he said as he curled up into a little ball and began drifting off to sleep.

I walked out of our room and got the kids dressed. After Winston brushed his teeth he ran downstairs and waited in the dining room for breakfast to be ready. As Winston waited, I was in the bathroom, brushing Delilah's hair.

"Bear I can do it myself!" she fought.
"Honey I'm just trying to make your hair look nice," I said as I parted her hair into three parts.
"Bear!"
"Dil! I chuckled as I started braiding.
"So who's coming to daddy's birthday today?"
"Well hopefully Troye and Tyler,"
"And Stef?"
"Stef will be there too,"
"BEAR! DAD! LOOK!" Winston shouted from the living room.
"Come on, let's go see what he's yelling about," I said as I tied the end of Delilah's braid. "What?"
"Look!" he cheered as he bounced on the couch.
"First of all, get off the couch," I said as I picked him up. "And what are you looking at?" I asked as I looked out the window.
"Snow!"
My eyes widened as I saw the blanket of snow cover our front yard.
"Wow..." I whispered.
"School's canceled," Phil mumbled as he walked past us.
"Really!" the kids cheered.
"Mhmm. Come on, time for breakfast,"
"Phil sit, I'll make breakfast,"
"Thanks," he yawned as he sat on the couch with the kids.
"Daddy can we play something?"
"What do you wanna play?"
"Mario Kart!" Winston cheered.
"You okay with that Dil?"
"Yeah," she said as she ran to get a controller. "Daddy can you turn it on?"
"Mhmm," he mumbled as he stood up and turned the WiiU on.
"I want the black one!" Winston yelled.
"No I want to black one!"
"The black one is mine!" I yelled from the kitchen.
"What are you even making?" he asked as I put the game on.
"Take a guess," I gave him a cheeky smile once he walked in.
"You're making waffles! Who's the best husband ever?" he said as he rested his head on my shoulder.
"Well today it's you," I smiled as I took the waffle out of its pan. "Here you go," I said as I put it on a plate. "The syrup and powdered sugar are on the table,"
"You're the best," he gave me a kiss, "love you,"
"Love you more,"
"STOP THROWING SHELLS AT ME!" Delilah yelled.
"Kids, breakfast!" I called into the living room.

The kids immediately ran into the dining room and took their seats on their favorite coloured chair. We had a rather peaceful breakfast when all of an sudden the kids started arguing.

"I get to put the top hat on the snowman!" Winston yelled.
"No I do! Dad!"
"Both of you, put it on," Phil sighed.
"Daddy can we please go play in the snow after breakfast?" Delilah asked.
"Louise texted me and said she's taking Darcy sledding. She wanted to know if you guys wanted to join," I mumbled.
"Yeah!" They cheered.
"Who else is going?" Winston asked.
"I don't know, guess you'll just have to find out." I smiled, trying to keep Tyler's visit a secret from Phil.

After breakfast Phil and I dropped the kids off at Louise's so we could have some time alone.

"So," I said as we stood in the middle of the living room. "Ready for your present?" I smiles as I tugged at the hem of his shirt.
"Dan, I love you, but can we please just savor this,"
"Savor what?"
"The silence...we don't get any of it these days! They never stop fighting!"
"I know...its just...never mind," I mumbled.
"Dan, were not young anymore! We can't just have sex whenever we want!" he laughed.
"I know," I twisted my face.
"Can we please just sit down and take in the silence?"
"We'll do whatever you want," I smiled.
"Thank you,"

We sat on the couch and snuggled until Louise brought the kids home.

"Hello!" Louise cheered as she walked through the front door.
"Hi," Phil yawned as he sat up. "How were they?"
"They had a blast," she walked over to Phil, "happy birthday love,"
"Thanks Louise,"
"Be at my house in two hours for your party,"
"We'll be there," he smiled.
"Bye guys," she waved as she walked out.
"So how was sledding?"
"IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!" they yelled as they hopped onto the couch.
"Let's get you guys ready," I said as I picked Delilah up.

I got her into a cute little dress Louise bought her and I redid her braid from this morning. Phil ended up putting Winston in some nice dress pants and a button up shirt Tyler got him.

"Winston don't forget your glasses,"
"But dad I don't wanna we're them!"
"If I have to wear then, so do you," he handed him his glasses, "please just wear them,"
"Fine," he pouted as he placed them on his face.

We eventually made our way over to Louise's around 6; we were greeted by Darcy at the door, like we always are. When we walked into the living room we were tackled with hugs from Tyler, Troye, and Stefanie.

After we said hello to everyone we sat down to a nice dinner Louise had made. After dinner Louise brought out a cake she ordered for Phil. She set it on the table and lit a 4 and a 0 candle. We began singing happy birthday to Phil.

"Go ahead Phil, make a wish," Louise smiled. I noticed Phil glance over to me; he placed his hand on top of mine and looked back yo the cake.
"I've already had all my wishes granted."