The Riot

YEAR: 2027

[Phil's POV]

"Hey daddy," Delilah said, walking into the living room.
"Yeah?" I said, tearing my focus away from my laptop.
"Winnie and I wanna say something..."
"What is it?"
"We wanna do football..."
"Okay," I smiled.
"Wait we can do it!"
"Yeah...why would I say no?" I laughed.
"I dunno...maybe cause you and bear don't like it..."
"Just because we don't like it doesn't mean you guys won't like it," I continued smiling.
"Hey Phil, we need to get to work," Dan said as he put his jacket on.
"Guess who wants to do football," I said while getting up from the couch.
"I don't know," he joked as he stared at Delilah.
"Me and Winnie silly!" she cheered.
"I know," he smiled. "Come on, time to go to Louise's,"
"Bear can we go to the studio today?"
"I don't know if we're allowed to bring you,"
"Please bear!"
"Come on Dan, I'm sure we can bring them once,"
"Fine...you guys can come..."
"Yay! Thank you bear!" she cheered as she hugged his legs.
"Thank your father," he said as he smiled at me. "Winnie come on!"
"Where are we going?" he mumbled as he walked in.
"The radio station," Dan said.
"Really!"
"Mhmm...go put your glasses on,"
"Bear-"
"Winston Alexander Howlter put your glasses on!"
"Fine," he pouted as he got his glasses from his room. "How come dad doesn't have to wear them?"
"Because I have little glasses in my eyes," I smiled.
"Phil just put them on so he stops complaining,"
"Fine," I rolled my eyes and ran upstairs to take my contacts out. "Come on we're gonna be late," I said while coming back down the stairs.
"Alright, come on."

Dan and I took ahold of their hands and began walking them to the car. Dan of course drove since I couldn't be trusted behind the wheel. We got to the studio about an hour before the internet takeover started.

"Finally! You guys are late! Why are they here?"
"They wanted to, I'm sorry. Can't they just sit in the lounge and maybe do a challenge with us?" Dan asked.
"Yeah yeah whatever.

So Dan and I did our normal radio show that, of course, was being broadcast across the world.

"Alright, now it's time for another, Dan vs. Phil, but today, we're gonna be doing something a little different today," Dan started.
"Yeah, we decided to bring Winston and Delilah to the studio today! They're going to help us out with our challenge today."
"Winnie's on my team," Dan said.
"And Dil's on mine,"
"So here we go."

Dan hit the play button for this weeks playlist. We went into the lounge to start the challenge. The kids were taking our places and they decided to do the caterpillar sleeping bag race; Winston ultimately won. Before Dan and I headed back into the studio, the manager pulled us aside and began freaking out.

"Guys, there's a riot outside the studio,"
"Okay..." Dan mumbled.
"What kind of riot?" I asked.
"They want us to fire you guys,"
"So they're homophobic assholes?" Dan cringed.
"Yeah..."
"We'll talk about this later, we have a show to finish," Dan huffed.

So we walked back into the studio while Winston and Delilah sat in the lounge and watched us on a coworkers laptop. When the internet takeover was over we collected our belongings and headed for the outside of the studio; we knew there were homophobic rioters waiting for us. Once we walked out we were bombarded with people yelling hurtful things toward us, but what was even worse was they were harassing the kids as well.

"You two come with us! We will give you a wonderful life!" One of them yelled stepping out of the crowd; they headed towards our kids.
"Get away from them!" I shrieked as Dan and I blocked them from the rioters.
"You don't deserve children!" Some yelled.
"Daddy I wanna go!" Delila began crying; she was mortified.
"I know," I held her close and tried holding back my tears.
"Phil we have to go!" Dan grabbed my hand and began leading me out of the crowd.
"Wait!" I yelled stopping in my tracks.
"What is it you spork! They're gonna kill us! Let's go!"

I set Delilah down next to me; she clung to my pant leg. I gave Dan a quick smirk and wrapped my hand around the side of his head and pulled him into a kiss. He was shocked at first but then he wrapped his free hand around my waist. I decided to top it all off by flipping all of the rioters and members of the media off. I eventually pulled away and picked Delilah up once more.

"Let's go," I said as I started walking to the car. Dan, still in shock, slowly followed me.
"Phil...I-I've never seen that side of you," Dan mumbled.
"What do you mean? I kiss you in public all the time,"
"You just seemed so angry...I've never really seen you angry," he continued as he buckled Winston into his car seat.
"Well," I said buckling Delilah up, "if you insult my family, the lion comes out of its cage," I said while getting into the car.

Once we got home, Delilah and Winston we still terrified from all the yelling. Delilah clung to me once we got home, never wanting me to let go of her and Wisnton didn't want to let go of Dan, even though he didn't want to admit it.

"Daddy why are there mean people always trying to break you and bear up?"
"I don't know. Let them be mean, it's just who they are and you can't make anyone change who they are," I sighed, "even if their morals are wrong..." I trailed off.
"Hey Phil, I think I saw Mrs. Smith in the crowd," Dan joked.
"I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she was there," I laughed back.
"Daddy I don't ever wanna go to the studio again," Delilah continued crying.
"And we won't make you come with us," Dan said.
"Bear! Dad! We're on the news!" Winston yelled from the other room.
"We are?" Dan mumbled as he turned the TV on; he flipped to the news.

"An anti-gay riot has taken place today in Central London in front of the BBC Radio 1 studio. Our reporters that were on the scene say, the rioters we after Dan and Phil Howlter and their children, Winston and Delilah. Some rioters spoke to our reporters and said they would not leave until the station agreed to fire the internet stars. A member of the crowd took this photo of the couple protesting the riot." I showed the picture of me kissing Dan and flipping everyone off. "The couple-" I turned the TV off.
"Well shit," Dan chuckled.
"I don't wanna watch anymore," I sighed, still hugging Delilah.
"Daddy," Delilah whimpered.
"Yeah honey?"
"Why don't people consider us normal?"
"Because they're sad," Dan mumbled.
"Why are they sad?"
"Because they're normal," I said.
"Why is that a bad thing?"
"Because...normalness leads to sadness."