A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

YEAR: 2053

[Jenny's POV]

Today's the day... Today's the day we leave for America. Our flight is scheduled for eleven o'clock tonight, and everyone was in a rush to start shipping everything. By noon, we had managed to send everything off; the first shipment should arrive at our new house in two days. Since we didn't want to stay in our, now empty, house, we all headed over to Delilah's for one last hoorah. Everyone was there; Delilah's family, obviously, my family, and Winston's parents. We all gathered in the lounge; I'm going to miss this.

"Hey guys, come on in," Delilah greeted.
"Hey," we all smiled.
"Hi, Lara," Delilah giggled, tickling her stomach. Lara dug her face into my chest and let out a yawn.
"She didn't sleep well last night," I sighed.
"I have a cott in the attic. If you want, I can put it together, and she could take a nap,"
"No, then she'll be cranky during the flight. We want her nice and tired so she doesn't wake up,"
"That's actually really smart," she laughed. "Everyone's out back, but I can bring them in here, if you'd like,"
"No, we can go in the back. I don't really care,"
"But we can't go swimming," Charlie pouted.
"My kids aren't swimming," Delilah said, placing her hands on her hips. "They're playing football. You're more than welcome to join them,"
"I'll race ya!" Lydia giggled, sprinting into the backyard, with Charlie not too far behind.
"Come on," Delilah said.

We all sat around a table on the deck, as Joe went in to grab us a few drinks. Dan and Phil were sitting next to each other, as always, and just staring at the kids playing. Winston and I took the two spare seats next to them, and took turns holding the slightly cranky baby. Joe and Delilah were running all over the place, trying to get things in order. Once everything had calm down a bit, they took their seats at the table.

"I can't believe you guys are moving," Phil said. "I seems like just yesterday you guys were dating. Now, you're moving to another country,"
"I know," I smiled as I held Winston's hand.
"That reminds me, are you guys Americans yet, or no?" Dan asked.
"Technically, yes,"
"What do you mean?" Joe raised a brow.
"We all have duel citizenship,"
"What's that?"
"It means we're Americans and brits,"
"Cool," Joe nodded.
"Yeah," I said, taking a sip of my water.
"Random question," Delilah started. "Does Lydia know you're not her biological mother?"
"Shhh," Winston and I hushed.
"I'll take that as a no,"
"Yes, she doesn't know, and we'd like to keep it that way,"
"Does Charlie know?"
"Know what?"
"That Winnie's not his biological dad,"
"Of course he knows. They don't look similar at all,"
"What do you mean?" Delilah mumbled.
"Well, Charlie has dark brown hair, while Winnie has dirty blond-ish hair," I explained. "Lydia on the other hand, it's a bit more believable that she's my daughter. Y'know, cause we're both blonde,"
"Darling, you're brunette," Winston said, taking Lara from my arms.
"I'm taking about my natural hair,"
"Oh yeah," he laughed. "You two also look pretty similar,"
"Oh yeah?"

I looked over my shoulder and stared at the kids running around; I cracked a small smile at my happy girl.

"Hey Winnie," I whispered.
"Yeah?"
"By any chance, do you still have any pictures of Stefanie?"
"I think so. Why?"
"Just wanna see what she looks like,"
"I'm sure I can manage to find a picture. Here, hold Lara,"

He took his phone out and started scrolling through old pictures. I looked over, and noticed his face fall a bit. I knew he had found a picture of her; I pat his back and flashed his a reassuring smile.

"Here she is..."