Doesn't It?

YEAR: 2052

[Winston's POV]

Snap.

My body froze. I didn't know what to do. I just stood there, in fear. Everything seemed to happen in slow motion. I felt my ankle crumble beneath me and my knee felt like it was about to pop through my skin. I immediately lost my balance but, thankfully caught myself on the kitchen counter. I stood there, not having a clue what to do. My vision went blurry as tears prickled at my eyes; it didn't take long for them to fall to my cheeks.

"Oh my god..." Delilah whispered. "Are you okay?" she said, offering help.
"Don't fucking touch me!" I yelled. "Jenny! Dad! Bear! Someone help!"

I was doing my best to support myself on the counter and tried to avoid putting any pressure on my left leg. Every time Delilah stepped near me, I pushed her away and gave her a dirty look.

"What's going on?" Everyone mumbled as they ran in.
"Oh my god," Jenny gasped as she helped me balance. "Are you okay? What happened?"
"I tripped," I lied.
"What the hell happened?" Bear asked.
"I-I think I broke my ankle," I whimpered. "And something happened to my knee,"
"We need to get you to the hospital," Jenny said.
"Who's gonna watch the kids?" Delilah asked.
"Why don't you do it?" I spat.
"No, she should come with us. Y'know, to make sure you're okay," bear said.
"I don't want her near me,"
"Why not?" dad asked.
"I'm just really mad..." I mumbled.
"You should sit down and put your leg up," Jenny said. "Phil, support his left side and help him to the living room,"
"Okay," he said.

They wrapped their arms around my waist and helped me hop into the living room. Once they got me in there, safely, they helped me onto the couch and carefully propped my leg up.

"Okay, Dil, go get a bag of ice. Phil, go get a dish rag; he's gonna need something to bite down on. Oh, also, while you're in the kitchen, get some pain killers. Dan, Winnie said he had a brace when he was younger. Do you still have it?"
"Yeah, I think,"
"Where is it?"
"Storage, I think,"
"Like, the storage in the basement?"
"Yeah,"
"Then why are you still standing here? Go get it,"
"Yes 'mam,"
"Okay, Joe, call 999, then call Tabitha. Do you know the address and apartment number?"
"Yeah,"
"Then, get to it,"

They all ran off to do our jobs while I sat there, in excruciating pain. As they were all scattered, Lydia and Charlie ran into the living room to see what was going on.

"Daddy, what happened?" Lydia asked.
"Yeah, dad, are you okay?" Charlie said.
"Daddy hurt his leg," Jenny said. "Fiona!"
"Yeah?" she said, running in.
"Take them into another room, lock the door, and blast some music or something,"
"Why?"
"Cause Uncle Winnie's gonna be screaming,"
"Why?"
"Cause I have to fix his leg,"
"Okay... Come on guys," she said, leading them out of the room.
"Here's the ice," Delilah said.
"Thanks," she mumbled.

Jenny took the tied bag from Delilah's hands and placed it on my dislocated knee, to numb it. She held it in place and waited for bear to return with my brace. Once bear came running through the doors, she removed the bag of ice and started messing with my leg.

"Relax your muscles, dear,"
"Why?"
"Don't wanna risk tearing something when I push it back in place,"
"I'm sorry, you're doing what?" I panicked.
"They're gonna push it back in place at the hospital; might as well do it now,"
"But I'll be asleep when they do it!"
"Oh, honey, no you won't. Relax your leg,"
"I'm trying," I sobbed.
"Try harder," she said. "Dan, Phil, hold him down. Dil, hold the dish towel in his mouth,"
"Don't touch me," I cried as I pushed Delilah away.
"Stop being rude to your sister," dad said. "Now, suck it up, and let her help you,"
"Fine," I huffed.