Betrayal Hurts

YEAR: 2052

[Delilah's POV]

"Hey!" Everyone cheered as we entered dad and bears apartment.

The apartment was nothing special; it was smaller than their last one. This one was only one floor, two bedrooms, a bathroom, a lounge, a kitchen, and an office. When we all walked in, we immediately found our way to the lounge and took our seats while the kids ran off to go play.

"So," dad started. "How've you guys been?"
"We've been good," Winston said. "Y'know, kids are healthy, work is good, can't complain,"
"That's good to hear," he smiled. "How about you, Dil?"
"We've been okay, I guess. The kids are a bit much but, we get by,"
"That's good to hear,"
"Who wants a drink?" Bear cheered as he carried in a few beer bottles.
"Oh, no, I can't drink," Jenny said.
"Why not?" Winston asked.
"Cause I'm on call tonight. I'm not allowed to work with alcohol in my system,"
"Fair enough," bear shrugged. "Phil?"
"Thanks," he smiled.
"So," Winston started. "You guys have been together for how many years?"
"Oh my god," dad laughed. "Forty-three years?"
"Wow... How have you tolerated me for this long?"
"Cause I love you," dad whispered as he kissed bear.
"Ew," Winston and I teased.
"Okay, what did we say exactly twenty years ago?"
"One day you guys are gonna fall in love with someone, have a couple of kids, and tease them the way we tease you," we said.
"That's right," dad chuckled.
"Hey Dil," bear said.
"Yeah?"
"What's on your finger?"
"Oh," I whispered. "Surprise..."
"Oh my god," dad gasped. "When did this happen?"
"Today..."
"Why didn't you bother to tell us?"
"Didn't want to bother you on your anniversary..."
"That's bullshit! You getting married trumps everything going on today!" Bear yelled. "Why weren't we invited?"
"I told her to call you guys," Winston mumbled.
"Stay out of this," I spat.
"Don't talk to him like that," dad scowled. "Answer bear,"
"I didn't want you guys to be disappointed..." I mumbled.
"Why would we be disappointed?" dad asked.
"Because... You guys always wanted me to have a big, fancy wedding, and I... I never wanted that..."
"Then why'd you plan the last two weddings the way you did?"
"Cause it's what you guys wanted... And I get it, I guess... Wanting to walk your only daughter down the isle... I just wanted to give you guys that opportunity. But, after ten years, and two weddings, I finally took matters into my own hands and had the wedding I wanted,"
"Delilah, if you told us that from the start, we would've respected that and done your wedding your way,"
"I know... I'm sorry for not calling you..."
"It's fine," bear harshly said. "What do you guys wanna do?" he mumbled, taking a sip of his beer.
"Can we watch old, home movies?" I suggested.
"Yeah, I guess," dad said.

He got up from his seat and grabbed his laptop. He logged into his YouTube account, that was abandoned long ago, and started streaming old home videos to the tv.

Surprise for Winston!

"Dad! You have a package!" Winston yelled.
"Really? Who's it from?"
"Amazon,"
"Oh," dad chuckled. "I know what this is. Could you run to the kitchen real quick and grab me a pair of scissors?"
"Yeah, sure," Winston shrugged.