Something You'll Regret

YEAR: 2032

[Phil's POV]

"Cat!" Dan and I gasped.
"Dad...bear...is that true?" They kids began tearing up.
"No, it's not," Dan said. He placed a hand on Delilah's shoulder but she immediately moved away. "Dil-"
"Don't call me that..." she cried.
"Delilah, please-" I said.
"Get away from me!" She yelled as she started running away.
"Dil!" Dan called.
"I got her," I sighed as I ran after the angry girl. "Delilah!" No response. "Delilah," I said as I caught up to her.
"Don't touch me!" she cried. After a great ordeal, I picked her up and gave her a tight hug. She hit my chest a few times before crying into the crook of my neck.
"Don't listen to her Dil, she's lying. You're not adopted,"
"What about Winnie?" she sniffled.
"He's not adopted either darling. You're twins remember?" I smiled as I set her down. I kneeled down on the ground and made her look at me.
"But...if we have two dads...how are we not adopted?"
"Well, Delilah, remember in year one, when you asked bear and I what a surrogate was?"
"Yeah, I think,"
"Well, that's how you were made. A friend of bears offered to be your 'home' for nine months. So we took a little piece of her and mixed it with little parts of us. All we could do from that point was wish and hope that one of you would become a baby. Thankfully you both turned into our beautiful children who we love more than life itself,"
"S-So I'm actually yours?"
"Yes," I smiled. "I love you Dilly," I laughed.
"I love you too daddy," she whispered as she gave me a hug.
"Now come on, bears probably worried."

***

[Dan's POV]

"Dil-"
"Don't call me that..." she cried.
"Delilah, please-" Phil said.
"Get away from me!" She yelled as she started running away.
"Dil!" I called.
"I got her," Phil sighed as he chased her.
"I hope you're happy Cat!" I spat. "You made my daughter cry! Fuck you!"
"Bear," Winston whispered as tears built up in his eyes.
"Yeah?"
"Am I really adopted?"
"No," I crouched down and hugged him. "No you're not," I cried as I rubbed his back.
"Oh please," Cat scoffed, "who are you gonna believe Winston? Me or your 'father'?"
"Winnie, please don't listen to her...she's just a jealous bitch,"
"I mean, come on Dan," she said, ignoring my last comment. "You know damn well he's Phil's and-"
"You know nothing!"
"Dan, don't be so ignorant! He has lighter hair, like Phil, and she has dark brown hair...like you,"
"You know damn well she got that from Jess! And how dare you say Winnie's not mine! You stalked me enough to know that Phil and I both had blonde hair when we were younger! Dil just happened to get Jess' hair, big deal!"
"She certainly didn't get her smarts,"
"Take that back," I gritted my teeth.
"It's already been said, Howell,"
"Fuck you!"
"Dan, no!"

***

[Phil's POV]

As Delilah and I walked back to the rest of the family, we heard Dan screaming at Cat. We started to walk a little faster in hopes that we'd get there before he did or said anything that he would regret. Once the brunette giant was in my sights, I saw him raise a fist to Cat. I immediately ran over and latched myself onto his raised arm.

"Dan, no!" I yelled, pulling him back. "What's gotten into you?"
"Sh-She just insulted Delilah and I'm not having any of it!" He yelled as he tried to escape my grip.
"Dan, stop it before you do something you'll regret!"
"Phil," he cried as he fell into me.
"Shhh...it's alright," I whispered.
"What going on over here?" A security guard said.
"This man assaulted me," Cat lied.
"What? I did not! You were the one insulting me and my family!"
"Is this true?" he asked Rob.
"Yeah, I'm sorry, my wife got a little out of hand,"
"A little!"
"Dan...stop before you make it worse,"
"I know," he gritted his teeth. "I'm sorry," he said to me.
"It's alright,"
"Mam, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave to park,"
"Why!" Cat exclaimed. "I'm not the one being rude!"
"Really?" Dan and I simultaneously said.
"Oh fuck off!"
"Okay miss, let's go," he started escorting her out of the park.
"Thank you sir," I smiled.
"It's no trouble," he glanced at me and Dan for a few seconds. "Are you guys a couple or something?"
"Yeah," Dan mumbled, "why?"
"Do you guys, uh," he awkwardly bumped his fists twice.
"Yeah..." I narrowed my eyes and started backing away from the man.
"Well, good for you guys," he lightly hit my arm.
"So who are they?" He motioned towards Delilah and Winston.
"Our kids," Dan said.
"I'm sorry for all the questions," he chuckled, "I'm Sam,"
"Dan,"
"Phil,"
"Nice to meet you. So may I ask, who was that woman? Is she like one of your ex wives?"
"No," Dan shrugged, "just a girl who wanted to date me years ago...guess she still has a thing for me,"
"How long have you two been together?"
"Oh dear lord," Dan groaned as he thought to himself.
"23 years,"
"Has it really been that long?" Dan laughed.
"Yeah, it has,"
"Well, good for you guys," Sam smiled.
"I'm sorry to be rude and stop the conversation but our kids wanna do some more stuff,"
"I completely understand. Have a great day guys, and girl," he smiled at Delilah.
"But hey," I called out, "if you wanna know more about us, we have YouTube accounts where we kinda share our lives," I awkwardly explained.
"What are your names?"
"Danisnotonfire,"
"AmazingPhil,"
"Cool, I'll have to check them out. Bye everyone, hope you have a good day," he waved and walked away.
"I like meeting nice people," Dan uttered.
"Who doesn't?" I chuckled as we started walking to another ride with the kids.
"Well y'know, it's a nice change,"
"What do you mean?"
"Most people we meet are extremely rude...meeting kind people is just a really pleasant experience,"
"True...so what do you guys wanna do next?"