Today's the Day

YEAR: 2044

[Delilah's POV]

"Good morning, sunshine," dad cheered.

He walked into my hotel room and immediately opened the curtains to wake me up; over the years, he realized, the best way to wake me up, was to blind me.

"Dad," I groaned as I buried myself in my duvet. "I was sleeping,"
"And it's nearly ten,"
"But dad-"
"No. No, but dads. You are getting married in five hours and you still need to eat breakfast. Let's go,"
"Dad," I angirly said. "I finally got to bed around four. Then, I slept for maybe an hour before waking up again. I didn't fall asleep again until 8:30. Please, I beg of you, let me sleep,"
"You need to get ready,"
"Dad," I cried. "Please,"
"One more hour,"
"Thank you,"

***

"Winnie," Stefanie said.
"Yeah?"

The two were helping set up the banquet hall for the reception along with bear, Uncle Tyler, Uncle Troye, Louise, Darcy, and her husband.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?"
"Yeah, of course," he said. They walked into the hall, closing the banquet hall door behind them. "What's up, darling?"
"Your boys can swim," she mumbled.
"What?"
"Your boys can swim!"
"What does that mean?"
"It means I'm pregnant," she said as she hit his arm.
"What? How?"
"I-I don't know,"
"How do you know you're pregnant?"
"I've been feeling sick for a bit so I thought, what the hell, and took a test and it was positive!"
"Lower your voice,"
"Fuck you, I will not lower my voice,"
"Okay, calm down for a minute,"
"Fine," she sighed.
"Okay, what did your doctor say you have again?"
"I-I don't know, it's a long ass name. It starts with a c...maybe... I don't know," she cried.
"Would you like to tell me why you're freaking out?"
"Because Winston," she sobbed. "The thing I have, i-it's gonna make me miscarry and that...that scares the shit out of me..."
"Come here," he whispered as he hugged her.
"Let's not tell anyone," she sighed.
"Why?"
"Cause, if it's gonna die anyways, why get everyone's hopes up?"
"True," he mumbled. "I love you,"
"I love you too."

***

"Rise and shine!" Bear yelled. "Come on princess, it is noon and you have literally three hours to get ready. Let's go!"
"Fine," I groaned as I rolled out of bed.
"I'm gonna call in Louise. Okay? She's gonna do your hair then your make-up and, when she's done, she'll get you into your dress. Now, since you woke up late, we need to work fast. Darcy is busy getting Fiona ready at the moment; we'll send her in when she's ready,"
"Okay," I sighed.
"Hi love," Louise smiled.
"Right on time," bear said. "Bye princess," he kissed my cheek and walked out of my room. "Oh! You still have to decide who's walking you down,"
"Okay," I whispered. "Bye bear,"
"Bye darling," he waved as he walked out.
"Okay," Louise clapped. "Let's get started!"

She forced me to get into my underwear and she tossed me an oversized button up to wear while she did my make-up and hair. Apparently, I had to wear the shirt so all of Louise's 'hard work' wouldn't get messed up.

Louise purposely made me grow out my hair for the wedding; she said, if I wanted to, I could get it cut right after. My hair wasn't too long, too long for my liking, but that's beside the point; Louise said it was the perfect length. My ebony hair sat right above my shoulders; my fringe was a bit longer than the rest. Louise simply curled my hair and braided a few strands near my temples. She placed a white bow in the back of my head, to secure the braids; she said the veil would go underneath.

For my make-up, I asked her to keep it simply and she gladly complied. She lightly contoured my face, so I wouldn't reflect any light and blind my guests. Then, she did some back eye liner; she tried to convince me to add wings but I kindly denied. For my eye shadow, she stuck to a nice white that showed off my eyes. My lipstick was a dark matte red the go along with my nails. I must say, I didn't look half bad.

My dress was nothing spectacular. It was a simple white ball gown with a corset bodice and a smooth skirt; the dress also had grey tints along the bottom and the top of the neckline. To add to the plain dress, Louise made me wear a beaded waistband. My shoes were even plainer than my dress; since I refused to wear heels, I stuck with a plain pair of white slip ons. My bouquet was probably the nicest thing out of everything I was wearing; they were white roses and they smelled amazing.

For my jewelry, Louise had me take out my nose ring and my earrings; she replaced the earrings in my ears with diamond studs but, she left my nose empty. Since my dress was strapless, Louise insisted on having me wear a necklace; I settled for a cheap diamond necklace. She also made me wear a thick diamond bracelet to cover my tattoo. About thirty minutes before the ceremony started, Louise had completed me.

"Louise," I gasped. "I look stunning,"
"Yes, you do," she smiled proudly. "Come on, your father just texted me and he said that you need to be downstairs,"
"Why?"
"You need to make sure everything is the way you want it,"
"Okay," I sighed. "Oh, where's Fiona?"
"Downstairs getting her flower basket,"
"Okay," I said. "Let's go then,"

We made our way downstairs and I signed off on everything; the setup was breathtaking. Our ceremony was being held in a garden, under a tiny gazebo. As I was checking everything out, I ran into Joe by an old cherry blossom tree.

"Dil..." he whispered. "I'm not supposed to see you...it's bad luck..."
"Says who?" I smiled. "You look very handsome,"
"And you look gorgeous,"
"Are you ready for today?"
"Yeah,"
"Really? You didn't get cold feet or anything?"
"No... Why? Did you?"
"Honey, I've been asleep for most of the day. I've had no time to get cold feet,"
"Delilah!" dad called.
"I gotta go," I mumbled.
"Bye love," he waved as I ran to dad.
"Yeah dad?"
"It's time to start,"
"Oh," I mumbled.
"Who's walking you down?" bear asked.
"Both of you," I beamed.
"What?" they simultaneously said.
"I want both of you to give me away,"
"Okay," they shrugged.
"Mummy," Fiona gasped as she ran over. "You look so pretty!"
"You do too," I smiled as I lightly kissed her cheek. "Okay baby, do you know what to do?"
"Walk down and drop petals,"
"That's my girl," I said. "Once the music starts I want you to go,"
"Okay mummy,"

Not one minute later, the orchestra started to play Blackbird by The Beatles. Fiona took this as her cue and started walking down the aisle, throwing the flower petals gracefully. I watched her walk down and, in all honesty, I couldn't be prouder. As she was approaching the alter, she looked back to me and smiled; I of course smiled back. Then, she collapsed.