What a Beautiful Wedding

YEAR: 2047

[Delilah's POV]

"You're a whore," Tabitha teased.

We were in my room, getting me ready for my second wedding. I was in a simple white dress that was fitted at my waist and flared out. As I did my makeup, Tabitha was straightening my hair and even braided a few strands. After a few minutes of braiding, she stuck a lily in my hair, to complete the look.

"Thanks, T-Bag," I smirked.
"I'm joking, I hope you know that,"
"Trust me, I know,"
"In all honesty, you look really pretty,"
"Thank you,"
"Are you nervous? Y'know, to settle down?"
"I've been with Joe for seven years. I've fucking been ready to settle down,"
"That's good to hear,"
"Dil! We're leaving soon!" Bear yelled.
"Is my daughter ready?" I yelled back.
"Yes, and she looks gorgeous. Come on!"
"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming," I mumbled as I put my white flats on. "How do I-"

I stopped myself when I felt my stomach twist into knots. I glanced in the mirror and all the color in my skin seemed to fade for a minute. Tabitha put her hand on my back to keep my from stumbling backwards.

"Hey, are you okay?"
"Yeah..." She twisted her face and stuck her free hand on my forehead to feel my temperature.
"You seem a bit warm. Are you sure you're okay?"
"Yeah," I whispered.
"You seem like you're gonna vomit everywhere,"
"I might," I groaned. "Fiona had a stomach bug last week; I think she gave it to me,"
"Fuck," Tabitha yelled. "Now you're gonna get me sick!"
"Sorry," I shrugged.
"Delilah Rose Howlter, let's go! You have a wedding to get to!"
"I'm coming!" I said. "Hand me my bouquet," I said to Tabitha.
"Here," she said as we headed downstairs.
"Oh, look how beautiful you look," dad smiled. "Dan, are you taking pictures?"
"Yes, I am Phil,"
"Smile, Delilah," dad cheered.
"No,"
"Delilah, just smile for your father," bear said.
"Fine," I sighed.

I plastered on a fake grin and held my bouquet in a nice position. Bear snapped a few pictures; then dad shoved Fiona in. I handed my bouquet to Fiona, and lightly placed my hand on her shoulders. We took a few in the normal stance then, I crouched down and we took a few like that. After a couple minutes, Fiona got bored so we decided to head over to the ceremony. This time, the ceremony was in a tiny field with a pretty little gazebo, surrounded by cherry blossom trees.

It didn't take us long to find the building, where everything was being held, and find a parking spot. Tabitha quickly ran out of the car and to the field, behind the building, where the ceremony was being held. I helped Fiona out of the car, and we all walked into the building to check out the reception hall. When we walked in, we were greeted by Louise who was putting the finishing touches on everything.

"Oh my god, look how beautiful you are!" she said as she hugged me. "You too, Fiona; you look gorgeous,"
"Thank you," she blushed.
"I still have to add a few things to her," I said.
"Like what?" Louise raised a brow.
"This!" Fiona cheered as she held up a white flower crown. "Mummy says I'm the flower girl so I get to wear a flower crown!"
"Well, it's very pretty. You'll look lovely, I just know it," she said. "Anyway, I have to finish checking everything. I'll see y'guys later," she said as she waved goodbye.
"Come on baby, let's get this in your hair,"
"Okay, mummy," she smiled.

I placed the crown on her head and straightened out her dress; she looked so pretty. She twirled around the room for a bit before Winston came in with Lydia, Jenny, and Charlie.

"Hey," Winston mumbled as he hugged me. "You look really pretty,"
"Thanks," I sighed. I stood there and swayed back and forth for a bit before my skin started loosing color again.
"Are you okay?" Jenny asked.
"Hmm? Oh, yeah. Just a bit sick,"
"Why?"
"Fiona had a stomach bug last week and I guess she passed it onto me,"
"Are you gonna be okay?" Winston asked.
"I'll be fine,"
"Okay but, if you're not, just find me and I'll take you home, okay?"
"Okay,"
"Dil, we have to start lining up," dad said.
"I'm gonna stick with Fiona this time to make sure she doesn't fall," bear mumbled. "Come on, everyone in formation,"

Dad linked his arm with mine and led me to the door so we could wait to go out. The music started playing and Fiona and bear started walking down. A few seconds before I had to leave the building, I projectile vomited all over the floor.

"Oh my god, Delilah, are you okay?"
"My stomach hurts," I groaned as I slouched over in pain.
"Let's get you to a bathroom," he said.

We walked down the hall and went into the empty room so I could continue throwing up. As we sat in there, people outside became worried and confused on why I wasn't walking out. Bear pat Joe's shoulder and rushed inside to see what was going on.

"Dil! Phil!" he called. He twisted his face and eventually walked back outside. "Phil's gone too," he huffed. "Fiona, stay with your dad. Winnie, come on, you're helping me look,"
"Okay," he said, setting Lydia down on Jenny's lap.

Meanwhile, in the bathroom, I was kneeling over the toilet, vomiting. Dad rubbed my back and put my hair into a ponytail, with a hair tie he had grabbed from my purse.

"Just breathe Delilah, you'll be fine,"
"I feel like shit," I whined.
"You'll be okay," he cooed.

Dan: where are you? Joe is scared that Dil fucking left him at the alter!
Phil: Dil threw up so we're currently in the bathroom.
Dan: is she gonna be okay to do this?
Phil: just cancel it :(  she's /really/ sick
Dan: how sick???
Phil: Dan, she already threw up on her shoes and part of her dress. She's not getting married today. Let it go.
Dan: fine. Tell her I say feel better.
Phil: will do

"Hey, honey, bear says feel better,"
"Can you get out for a minute?" I asked, a little too rudely.
"Oh, yeah, sure," he shrugged.
"Can you send Winnie in?"
"Will do, princess," he smiled as he left.
"Thanks..."

***

"Hey," Winston said as he walked in. "Do you wanna go home?"
"Sit," I grumbled.
"O-Okay," he stuttered. "So, do you wanna go home?"
"In a few minutes," I sighed.
"Can I ask you something real quick?"
"Mhmm,"
"Why am I in here?"
"Cause you can keep a secret,"
"What?"
"Winnie," I mumbled. "I'm pregnant,"
"What?"
"Say what again," I glared. "I dare you. I double dare you. Say what again, mother fucker,"
"Shut up,"he laughed. "So, uh... When did you find out?"
"Like two minutes ago,"
"How?"
"I bought a test last night,"
"Why?"
"Cause I was a little late, and I started throwing up, and I just bought one just in case,"
"Can I just ask why you guys were having-"
"Unprotected sex? We weren't. The condom broke and we didn't realize it until we were done,"
"Well shit," he said. "Congratulations, mummy,"
"I will fucking hit you," I said as I spit into the toilet bowl. "Please, do not tell Joe,"
"Why not?"
"Cause I wanna get an ultrasound and shit before I tell him,"
"Got it," he said. "Hey Dil,"
"Mmm?"
"I realized something... Something I never got to do at your last wedding,"
"And what's that?"
"Oh, well imagine,"
"No," I groaned.
"As I'm pacing the pews of a church corridor,"
"We're not even in a church,"
"And I can't help but to hear. No, I can't but to hear an exchanging of words,"
"Stop,"
"What a beautiful wedding!"
"Winston!"
"What a beautiful wedding, says a bridesmaid to a waiter," he laughed as he swayed us back and forth.
"I'm going to kill you," I cried.
"Ah, but what a shame. What a shame the poor grooms bride is a..."
"I'm not a fucking whore," I frowned as I shoved him.
"Awe, come here," he said as he hugged me.
"I hate being pregnant so much,"
"Yeah, it seems really awful,"
"It is," I groaned. "Trading beer and sushi for morning sickness and a baby coming out of my vagina. Screw that!"
"You're too funny," he laughed.
"Shut up! No uterus, no opinion,"
"You make a valid point,"
"I know I do... I wanna go home, Winnie,"
"The let's get you home."