Oh My God, Becky

YEAR: 2030

[Dan's POV]

"Dan, we have to meet Jess and her friend in 15 minutes!" Phil yelled. "When is Louise getting here?" he sighed.
"I'm here," I mumbled as I walked down the stairs. "How do I look?" I gave him a cheeky grin. I was in a pair of black jeans and my white moth shirt.
"Cute as ever," he gave me a grin back. "Now come on,"
"I know," I rolled my eyes as I grabbed the car keys. I quickly sent a text to Louise in hopes that she'd be here soon.

Dan: Hey
Louise: Hey love
Dan: Are you gonna be here soon?
Louise: I was supposed to be there today!
Dan: Louise!
Louise: I'm joking, I'll be there in a few
Dan: We're already late. Please hurry.

As soon as I set my phone down, the sweet sound of the doorbell filled the house.

"Told you I'd be here," she smiled and walked in. "Hi guys," she waved to the kids.
"Hi Louise," they smiled.
"Thanks again," Phil sighed. "You know where all of Winnie's meds are right?"
"Cupboard next to the fridge right?"
"Right," he gave her a hug. "We'll be back as soon as possible. I don't want to spend more time with that woman than I need to,"
"Phil!" I gasped.
"Sorry, I just don't like her," he pouted.
"Wow that says something coming from you," Louise chuckled.
"Well we should go," I budded in. "Bye guys, be good for Louise,"
"We will," they waved goodbye.

Phil and I walked to the car; we gladly turned on the radio and started driving.

Welcome to the end of eras...

"Phil," I mumbled as I pulled out of the driveway.
"Yeah?"
"What do you have against Jess?"
"I don't like her Dan!"
"Why though? She's a very nice woman,"
"Says you,"
"Don't be like that," I sighed. "I know you're not exactly happy about our past but I'm with you now. Honestly, sometimes I feel like you forget that I left her for you," I glared at him out of the corner of my eye.
"I know," he huffed.
"If you don't like her then why did you agree to use her as a surrogate?"
"Well...Louise wasn't willing to do it and Cats in America-"
"So you settled for her?" I tried to finish.
"Well, not exactly. You trusted her, she was healthy and willing to do it so why would I say no," he pouted.
"We're here," I said. "Come on then,"

He got out of the car and I immediately held his hand; it always calmed him down.

"Fags!" a couple of teens cackled.
"Fuck off!" I yelled.
"Dan, stop!" Phil said as he pulled me back.
"Fuckers," I grumbled.
"Don't let them get to you," he frowned.
"Phil, we've been over this a thousand times! It's starting to piss me off! Because of comments like that I feel uncomfortable holding my own husband's hand in public and I don't wanna feel uncomfortable," I mumbled.
"I know bear, it's okay," he rubbed my back. "Let's go,"

We dragged our feet into the restaurant and tried to find Jess. It took a while but we finally found her.

"Hi boys," she smiled. "This is my friend, and your new lawyer, Becky,"
"Oh you've got to be kidding me," I laughed.
"What's wrong with her?" Jess raised a brow.
"You don't remember?" I continued laughing.
"Remember what?"
"Becky and Jessica," Phil laughed slightly. "They're two personas Dan created for his old content. Jessica was the dominant one and Becky always cowered in her shadow,"
"Oh my god that's right!" Jess laughed. "Can you still do the voice?" she asked. I gladly cleared my throat and fixed my posture so my chest would look as big as possible.
"Oh my god, shut up Becky,"
"That's very funny Mr. Howlter but we really should be getting back to business," Becky intruded.
"Please call me Dan,"
"Dan and..."
"Phil," he smiled.
"Phil, right. Well, Jess gave me a brief insight on this case and I was wide eyed as soon as she told me. I can win you boys a lot of money,"
"We don't want to win for us though," Phil whispered.
"What dear?" Becky asked. As soon as the words left her lips my face began heating up with jealously but I just shrugged it off.
"We want our son, Winston, to get pain and suffering money," I narrowed my eyes.
"Well he's definitely gonna be getting some. He can't exercise anymore, is that correct?"
"He can't do anything other than walk,"
"Oh," she chuckled, "you guys are earning a shit ton of money."