Rock, Paper, Scissors

YEAR: 2040

[Dan's POV]

"Do you guys have everything?" I asked.
"Yes bear," the kids groaned.
"Dil, do you have your inhaler?"
"Yes,"
"Do you both have your glasses?"
"Yes!" they yelled.
"Do you have-"
"Bear, we have everything! Calm down!" Winston laughed.
"I'm just making sure," I sighed. "I can't believe you guys are leaving for college...god, I'm old..."
"You're old?" Phil raised a brow. "Come on, we should get going," he said.
"Dad, we have two days to settle into our...what are they?"
"I don't know, what did you ask for when you applied? Dorm or house?"
"Dorm," Delilah mumbled.
"House, I guess," Winston shrugged.
"You guess? Winnie, you're either living with one person or ten. How do you not know?"
"I just don't,"
"Whatever, we'll find out when we get there. Dil, do you have your keys?"
"Yeah,"
"Can I drive?" Winston asked.
"No, dad asked me to drive,"
"Oh come on, what if I wanted to drive? Why do you always get the car?"
"Cause I'm the better driver,"
"Are not!"
"Are too!"
"Stop it!" I yelled. "You're both better than your father now let's leave it at that,"
"Hey," Phil giggled as he hit my arm. "Actually shut up,"
"Rock, paper, scissors for who gets to drive," Winston suggested.
"Fine," Delilah sighed. She rolled her eyes and stuck out her closed fist.
"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!" Winston said as he held out rock.
"I win," Delilah smirked as she covered his hand with paper.
"Best two outta three!"
"You're an idiot,"
"Come on!"
"Fine," she groaned.
"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!" Winston said as he smashed Delilah's scissors. "Ha, I win!"
"Come on, we still have one more. I wanna leave,"
"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!" Winston cheered as he cut Delilah's paper. "Ha! Gimme the keys!"
"Fine," she shrugged. "Hey bear, can I drive your car?"
"Yeah, here," I said as I tossed her the keys.
"I forgot we were taking two cars..."
"Yeah but once you guys actually get to uni, it'll be up to you who drives it when. All I can say is good luck and please don't kill each other," I said.
"No promises," Delilah mumbled.
"Watch it," I warned. "Now come on, I don't wanna get stuck in traffic."

***

"Wow...this place has changed a lot," Phil said.
"How?" Delilah asked.
"I don't know, something just seems off..."
"Okay then," she said.

We walked onto the campus and was directed towards a table that contained our schedules, dorm rooms/housing units, and our roommates names.

"Hi, Winston and Delilah Howlter, checking in," Delilah said.
"Welcome to York University," the young girl smiled. "I'm Penny, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Here are your informational folders. These contain everything you will need, including your schedules and rooms. Now, Winston, as I was putting yours together, I noticed that you requestedbthe housing unit, not the dorms, correct?"
"Yeah,"
"Okay, well, those are on the west wing of the campus. They're these big houses, you can't miss them,"
"Thank you," he said.
"And Delilah, is it?"
"Yes,"
"I glimpsed at your information as well and I noticed that you're here on a football scholarship,"
"Yeah,"
"Hi, I'm the captain, it's very nice to meet you," she said as she shook Delilah's hand.
"Nice to meet you," she replied.
"Now, if you're looking for the dorms, they're in the building next to the library. Guys dorms are on the right, girls are on the left,"
"Thank you so much,"
"Anytime." We all waved goodbye but, she called us back before we were out of sight. "Oh, but the way," she said. "Dan, Phil, big fan," she blushed. "Have a nice day guys. Delilah, I'll see you in a few weeks for conditioning,"
"Bye," we chuckled.
"Alright, I'll take Winnie to his house, Dan, wanna take Dil to the dorms?"
"Sure," I said. "Come on Dilly,"
"Bear," she blushed.
"What? Are you too grown up now for your nickname?" I teased. "You'll always be my Dilly, no matter how old you get. Now, let's go, I wabba get you moved it sooner rather than later,"
"Fine."