Anxious

YEAR: 2037

[Dan's POV]

"Bye Phil," I whispered. I gave him a hug and a quick kiss before he left for the week.
"Bye Dan," he said.
"Bye Winnie," I said, hugged him.
"Bye bear," he mumbled.
"Ready to go Winnie?"
"Wait..." he whispered. He dropped his belongings and raced upstairs. "Hey Dil," he smiled. "We're leaving,"
"Oh," she sighed. "Let me get up,"
"No, you're far too sick. Just give me a hug," he said.
"If I have to," she teased. She latched her arms around him and gave him a tight squeeze.
"I hope the surgery goes well," he whispered. "Feel better Dil...I'll see you in a week,"
"Bye Winnie...say hi to grandma for me,"
"Of course I will," he said. "I gotta go, bye,"
"Bye," she waved.
"What were you doing?" Phil asked.
"Nothing," he sighed. "Let's go,"
"Bye guys," I waved. "Be safe!"

***

"Hello everybody, welcome to the show!" I said. "I'm sorry, no YouNow inception today. Dil's upstairs trying to sleep and I don't want to wake her. So...hi guys," I awkwardly said. "What's new, what's new? Oi, um, Phil's turning 50 in a few days...very exciting stuff. God we're old...anyways! How have you guys been?"

Good
Fine
Where have you been? Upload something you rat!

"Okay! Anyways, about the uploading thing...Phil and I have been occupied with a few things over the past god knows how many months but a video should be up tomorrow. It's nothing fun, or special, sorry, but it will be an explanation on why we've left the internet, again,"

I continued with my live show for another few minutes before I noticed a familiar little icon in the top fans section.

"Phil's watching," I blushed. "Hi," I waved.

All of a sudden, I heard a blood curling scream come from Delilah's room. I got up from the couch and sprinted upstairs, completely abandoning my live show. I crashed through Delilahs bedroom door and immediately kneeled by her bed.

"Delilah, honey, calm down. You're okay," I soothed. "You're okay," I whispered as I hugged her.

She hugged me tighter and started gasping for air; I broke away for a moment to grab her inhaler. I shook it a few times and brought the plastic to her lips; I gave her three hits before putting it away.

"What happened?" I asked.
"I-I had a nightmare," she cried.
"Do you wanna talk about it?"
"No..."
"Okay...please come downstairs with me,"
"Why?"
"So I can keep an eye on you,"
"Okay," she mumbled. She got out of bed, grabbing her hat and inhaler in the process.
"Come on honey," I whispered. I sat on the couch as she wrapped herself in a warm blanket. "Sorry about that guys, Delilah had a little nightmare," I said as she started falling asleep.

Dan, what is wrong with our daughter? Phil's message said; I chose to ignore it.

"Anyway, where was I?"

I continued with my quiet live show as Delilah slept next to me. Around the thirty minute mark, Delilah started fidgeting and whining for a few minutes before she let out another scream. I shook her awake and gave her another few hits on the inhaler.

Phil calling

Ignore

"Okay Dil," I whispered. "What's wrong?"
"I-I don't know," she cried.
"Okay, I'm gonna end the live show and we're gonna Skype dad...okay?"
"Okay," she sighed.
"Alright, bye guys, I'll see you next week," I waved as I logged off. I signed into my Skype account and started 'calling' Phil.
"Oh, now you answer me," he grumbled.
"Hi daddy," she smiled.
"Hi princess!" he said. "How are you feeling? What's wrong?"
"I don't know," she yawned.
"I'm sorry honey,"
"It's fine," she mumbled, falling back asleep.
"What do you think is wrong with her?"
"I think she's having separation anxiety," I shrugged.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, it's not uncommon for twins to have separation anxiety. She's probably just anxious cause of the surgery and being away from Winnie for god knows how long,"
"Maybe...Dan, if she wakes up screaming one more time, please bring her to the doctor,"
"What are they gonna do, Phil?"
"I don't know, just...please do it..."
"Okay...I gotta head to bed. Love you,"
"Love you too...and, Dilly, I know you probably can't hear me right now since y'know, you're sleeping but, I'll say it anyway. I love you darling, I always will. I'm sorry I'm not gonna be there tomorrow for when you wake up but I will be sending my love...Winnie will be too. We love you and we hope that, when we get back, you will be fine and dandy and cancer free. I love you Delilah..." he smiled. "Night Dan, I'll call you tomorrow,"
"Alright, bye," I whipsered as I hit, end call.
I leaned back on the couch and started to rest my eyes for a few seconds; then I heard Delilah whispered, "I love you too, dad."