It's All Right

YEAR: 2036

[Delilah's POV]

"Hi," I mumbled.
"Hi," the receptionist smiled. "Name?"
"Delilah Howlter,"
"You're right on time. You can go right in, one of the nurses will help you out once you get in there,"
"Okay...thank you." I looked up to dad and hesitantly walked through the door. When I walked in, there were big chairs arranged in a semi circle with big machines next to them.
"Hi," a nurse greeted. "Name?"
"Delilah Howlter,"
"You're right over here," she said. "Sit," she pat the seat. "So how old are you?" She mumbled as she put the needle in my arm.
"Fourteen,"
"What grade are you in?" She said, doing a few other things.
"Year 10,"
"How do you like school?"
"It's alright,"
"That's good. Do you play any sports?"
"Football,"
"Are you good?"
"I think so,"
"Well, good for you." She walked away for a few minutes before returning with a bin. "Here,"
"What's this for?"
"You're gonna get sick and the doctors prefer the patients throwing up in the bins rather than the floor," she shrugged. "If you need anything, call me over, my name is Rebecca,"
"Okay, thank you..."
"Alright Dil, I'm gonna go, here's-"
"No," I said. "Please don't leave me..."
"Honey, I don't know if I'm allowed to stay,"
"Um...Rebecca..."
"Yes?"
"Is my dad allowed to stay?"
"Um..."
"Please..." I pouted.
"Oh, alright," she smiled. "I'll grab you a chair. Stay right here,"
"Will do," I sighed. "Oh, here's the backpack, by the way,"
"Thanks dad,"
"I'm sorry you have to go through this..."
"Dad, have you already forgotten the conversation we had back at the house? I'll be fine...I know it,"
"But Delilah, that's the thing, you don't know anything," he whispered. "I hate saying it, but it's true. Cancer's a bitch...you don't know what's gonna happen,"
"You swore," I smiled.
"I did..."
"Here you go," Rebecca mumbled. "Call me if you need anything else,"
"Thank you," dad said. "Hey, I know how to pass some time,"
"How?"
"Well, I downloaded some home movies from when you and Winston were babies; thought you'd like to watch them,"
"I'd love to watch them," I said. Dad plugged in my ear buds and handed my a headphone.
"Where do you wanna start?" he asked.
"What's the first thing you have?"
"We have your first Christmas, but since you guys are really young, it's rather boring,"
"We'll watch that one later...where the first one where we talk?"
"Oh, I remember that day very well," he said, typing something onto the laptop. "Here," I smiled.

"Hi," Winston waved

"Hi," Winston waved.
"Oh my god..." Dad gasped.
"Well, you're just doing everything today, aren't you?" Bear smirked. "Meanwhile that one just sits there all day doing nothing,"

"Hey," I chuckled. "I do stuff,"
"I know sweetie," he kissed my forehead and looked back to the screen.

"Hey! I'm not the one with a sofa crease!"
"Ffffff...off," bear chuckled.
"So today we decided how they're going to going to tell us apart," dad smiled.
"I'm bear apparently," he chuckled.