Goodbye Internet

YEAR: 2039

[Dan's POV]

After the horrific fight Phil and I got into, I had nowhere to go. Louise is too close, Hazel is in Ireland, Adrian is in Manchester with his wife and kids; all that's left was my mum. I took one of the cars, drove to Berkshire, and never looked back.

"Daniel?" she questioned as she opened the door at midnight. "What are you doing here?"
"Phil kicked me out," I cried.
"Oh honey," she whispered as she hugged me. "Come on in,"
"Thanks mum..."
"So what happened? Would you like some tea?"
"No thank you and um...it's a long story,"
"I've got time," she whispered.
"No mum, it's late. You should go to bed,"
"Daniel James Howlter, tell me what happened,"
"Fine," I sighed as I sat on the couch. "We were out with a few friends and we were drinking-"
"Oh god," she sighed. "Sorry, continue,"
"I got up to use the toilet and Jess ran into me, and-"
"Wait, your ex-girlfriend? That Jess?"
"Yeah,"
"Oh, I always liked her," she smiled. "Go on,"
"She started making out with me and Phil saw," I mumbled.
"Oh my god..."
"We went home and had a fight...there was yelling, crying, throwing and breaking and," I sobbed, "the kids heard everything..."
"Where are they now? Are they okay?"
"They're with him. And I don't know...I'll text them later. I hope they don't hate me,"
"Why would they hate you?"
"Because mum...I'm the bad guy in this entire thing..."
"Awe," she rubbed my back, "no you're not bub, that vile woman is," she kissed my forehead and got up from the couch. "You can sleep in your old room; it's untouched. I'll see you in the morning darling," she gave me a hug. "Everything will work out...I promise..."
"Thanks mum..." I cried.

I followed her upstairs and headed for my old bedroom; I took a seat on my bed and pulled out my macbook. I pulled up my video files and started scrolling through my old videos; I can't believe how many things I never posted.

"Phil, Louise won't take the camera off us," I mumbled

"Ignore her," he smiled as we danced to Thinking Out Loud. "Today's about us...remember that..."
"I know," I smiled as I kisses him. "You look very handsome,"
"As do you," he whispered. "I love you," he said as he wrapped his arms around my neck.
"I love you too," I placed my hands on his hips as we swayed around the room. Then, the song changed.