Jennifer

Good grief! My neck hurts so bad! I hope Stephanie and Donnie are ok. Stephanie looked awful, and that shard of glass was really close to her heart. Just the thought of that killing her gives me the chills. I hate it! It wasn't Jordan's fault anyway. It was the 16-wheeler's fault. Whoever was behind that wheel should be sued! Or killed. Or sued and then killed! Ok, maybe that's a little harsh. No it's not! I feel like my best friend is gonna die, so why shouldn't he die, too? Crap, now I want revenge. I know it's not the right thing to do. I'm just seriously worried about Steph and everyone. My neck is killing me so I'm happy we're going to the hospital to get all of our symptoms checked out.

I was staring out the window watching all the trees pass by thinking that none of them got hurt. That none of them had to deal with severe pain. Wow, this is getting ridiculous. I think I need to do something else.

I notice Jordan's wound on his wrist and gasp, "Jordan! What the heck happened to your wrist?" I cried. It was completely covered it blood and I felt even worse.

He quickly tries to hide it my putting on the other side of his torso, "It's nothing... Trust me, I'll be fine... Ouch.." He holds the upper part of his arm that's not bloody and clenches it. The poor thing made me want to cry even more and I hugged him.

"Every-" I don't know if I could even say it anymore, because I don't know if it's true, "things gonna be ok..."

We eventually get to the ER and I see the guys from the ambulance rush in with Donnie and Stephanie while we watch from the waiting room. They were laying flat on their backs so you could basically see how big the shards were if you sitting down. I got a funny feeling in my stomach, and it wasn't a good one. Then we just watched them disappear into the long, eerie hallway. For some reason, I felt like I wasn't gonna see them again, even though I knew I was.

Then another doctor came out and put Jordan and I into two separate rooms. We basically had to strip all of our clothes off, except our underwear. You know, this made me realize that I forgot the last time I saw the doctor. It doesn't mean anything bad, but I was just trying to think about something else other than... It...

A female doctor came into my room so it made me feel a little less self-conscious about being half naked.

"Hello there." The lady said, "I'm Dr. Freedman, and I'll be running a couple of tests on you to make sure you're in tip-top shape." She smiled.

"Thanks." I said. I didn't feel like smiling. I felt like I could never smile again, knowing that my best friend is almost dead, "So, I was wondering if you could check out my neck. 'Cause like, ever since the crash, it's been killing me." I start rubbing the back of my neck.

"We'll definitely check it out for you! We'll try to help you as fast and as carefully as possible." She was definitely nice for a person who was dealing with a client who wasn't in the greatest of moods.
***************************

Jordan and I sat in the waiting room again, this time waiting for Donnie and Steph. Earlier I had to wait for Jordan because they gave him some stitches, so I just sat there depressed and alone for a couple of hours. Now we're both sitting here staring at the floor... and the ceiling. Nothing to do but think, all I could do was replay the accident in my mind, giving me shivers every time. I felt petrified thinking that they could be dead. I don't know what I would do with myself. I felt loads of tears coming from my eyes and roll down to my cheeks again.

I looked at Jordan and grabbed him by the arms and gripped them hard. Shaking him and crying hysterically in the empty room (followed by one flickering overhead light that was trying to go out), I said, "It should've been me, Jordan! It should've been me! Why Stephanie!? She's too good to go now! Why her!? Why-!?"

"Jennifer! Snap out of it!" He yelled to get my attention. I stopped being hysterical, "I'm scared as much as you are, but you don't deserve to be in there as much as they do. We'll just wait for them, that's all." He started to tear up, too.

We started tightly hugging each other all over again. I didn't feel comfort at all no matter how hard I tried to hug him. I didn't feel the urge to kiss him. I didn't feel anything. Now all we can do is just sit here and wait for the results.