Mystery Bomber

Eugene's POV

A month has passed since Elsa's dead, and everything with the group isn't the same. Anna has lost her bubbly personality, I can hardly even look at Anna, but Jack is the worst.

Jack hasn't left the agency for the past month. His hair has grown long, he is thinner, looks like he hasn't slept in years, and there are slits across his wrists and going up his arms. Every day we walk into his office and he is either staring at his computer in an trance or his head is on the keyboard because he passed out from exhaustion.

I actually had to lock him in the straight jacket again. I walked into his office one morning and saw he had slit his wrists more, and had lost a lot of blood. He almost died. I don't know why he has taken Elsa's death this hard, because they were never really close. From what I knew Elsa hated him, and he was just trying to gain Elsa's trust to bring her here. That was it.

Me on the other hand, I am doing what Elsa taught me to do in situations of loosing loved ones, and that is man the fuck up. She did everything for me, but I have to continue trying to take down the Nightmares, and not let emotions get the best of me.

I still visit Elsa's grave every morning, bring her flowers, and cry a lot. After that it is back to work.

All of us; except Jack; are in the meeting room waiting for Manny.

M: Alright, everyone is....... where is Jack?

Eg: Still in the straight jacket.

M: Go get him, you are going to need him.

We all sighed and I went to get him. I opened the door and stepped into the white padded room. Jack was sitting in a corner staring out at nothing, slowly rocking himself back and forth, tears slipping down his face.

I had gotten close to him over the almost 3 year period we had been together, I considered him a brother, and it pained me to see him like this.

"Jack!" I yelled snapping him out of his trance, "Come on, Manny wants to see you."

He just looked at me blankly and I went over and took off the jacket that kept him from hurting himself.

"Come on man." I said, then dragged him into the meeting room.

Eg: Alright, here he is.

M: Good. Now even after Elsa's death, someone is still blowing up Nightmare bases, and they match her M.O. They are using red mercury, leave behind no survivors, then gone without a trace.

R: So......

M: Did she have any followers, someone who worked with her, had access to red mercury?

J: Yes, a man named Kristoff. Though they didn't seem close, and he didn't help her much.

It shocked me that Jack spoke, but his tone was emotionless. Like he was a zombie or something. It hurt, because Jack was always fun to be around. He could make any of us laugh, and was always pulling pranks. He was the life of the party, now he seems to have no life left in him.

M: We'll try to find his location. During the mean time, continue searching for Nightmare bases and capture this person. If they are easily destroying Nightmare bases, they could do the same to the agency.

A: Wait, how will we know who they are? We don't have a face, voice, anything. They could literally be anyone!

M: True, which is why I'm sending you all out there. You are the best this agency has. Don't come back unless you have the bomber and be careful.

We all nodded except Jack, who just looked into a corner blankly.

"Come on man, let's get to the jet. I know of Nightmare base in Ethiopia, we should start there. Eventually the bomber is going to show up."