Tryouts

Elsa's POV

Manny led us all to a room and handed us each a huge stack of papers and a pencil.

"Alrighty, you have one hour to complete the papers." he said, then left the room.

We all took a seat in these awkward egg shaped chairs and started working on them. It was so hard to write on the test, like it was insane. Everyone's pencils was breaking, we kept fidgeting to get comfy and actually write, it was so frustrating!

I growled and saw a table sitting across the room. I got up and dragged it back to my seat, making a very loud noise. I sat the papers down and finally was able to work.

"Anyone wanna get in on this?" I asked, and they just stared at me. I shrugged and continued working comfortably until I finished.

Something is telling me I was going to fail the test. My answers were all correct, but not according to the DDSA's standards. Me, again, I don't play by the rules. That is how the bad guys always win in reality, because they know good has to follow codes and rules, so they use that to their advantage. I say don't send the bad guys to jail so they have years to plan their revenge and escape, no, just scoop their heads clean off.

Then we were escorted to a small room where there was a table with guns on it.

"Alright, the goal here is to shoot the most dangerous threat. You only have around 30 seconds to do so. There is only one correct answer, taped to the back is a bag of gummy bears, winner gets them." Manny said. We all got in a circle, and when the doors opened we all grabbed a gun and ran out.

There were flashing lights, smoke, and noises going off. Monsters and people were out, and everyone started shooting. I looked at our targets carefully and really confused. I let my brain do what it does best, then saw my target. I aimed and shot it, then the lights came back on.

"Elsa, what the hell happened?" Manny asked walking in the room.

"Hesitated." I said. Manny got out a button, and the target that I shot came forward so everyone could see it. It was an 8 year old girl with books.

"May I ask why you felt little Tiffany deserved to die?" he asked.

"Well, she was the only one that actually seemed dangerous at the time sir." I said, and at this point everyone was looking at me confused.

"How did you come to that conclusion?"

"Well, first I was going to pop this guy handing from the streetlight, then I realized he's just working out. How would I feel if someone came running in the gym bust me on my ass while I'm on the treadmill? Then I saw this ah... snarling beast guy, then I noticed he had a tissue in his hand. Then I realized he's not snarling, he's sneezing, ain't no real threat there. Then I saw little Tiffany. And I'm thinking 8 year old white girl, middle of the ghetto, bunch of monsters, this time of night with quantum physics books. She's about to start some shit. She's about 8 years old, those books are way too advanced for her, if you ask me I say she is up to something, and to be honest I would appreciate if you eased up off my back about it." I said, "Or do I owe her an apology?"

Manny let out a sigh, then had a smile on his face. He walked behind Tiffany and pulled out a huge bag of gummy bears. He tossed them to me and walked out. I instantly opened them, and plopped some in my mouth.

"That was a good shot though, right?" I gestured to the snot right between the eyes on Tiffany.

"Great one Snowflake." Jack said kissing my cheek. I could feel my cheeks warming up, making Jack and Eugene chuckle.

"When is the combat part or training?" I asked

"That is right now." Jack said, "Come on." he said.