Break

Jack's POV

Time and time again we have tried the invetro and failed. We have tried now over 30 times. With a 50%-60% chance, Elsa should have gotten pregnant by now, but still nothing.

I woke up alone, but that has become the norm now. Elsa has been gone for over 3 days God knows where. I'm really worried, she has never been gone for over a day. Manny told me not to worry though, that Elsa is a tough cookie. Apparently because of all of her frustration and anger, the Nightmare bases are dropping like flies.

I sighed and got a shower, then put on my spy suit. When I walked out of the bedroom, Elsa was walking in. She was covered in blood, but something told me it wasn't her blood.

"Hey, I was so worried about you. Where have you been?" I asked.

"I have been in Japan. I took out another Nightmare base though, took me so long cause I decided to do it the messy way. Close up and personal."

"Well, we have a meeting, so why don't you shower and get dressed. Afterwards you can take a nap." She nodded blankly and went into the restroom.

Another Nightmare base down, that means all that is left is the one in the Artic. Elsa cannot do that one alone, she will literally get herself killed.

I sighed and made some breakfast sandwich's for Elsa and I. When Elsa walked out she was really pale.

"Elsa, you okay?" I asked.

"A little dizzy." she groaned.

"What?"

"They used arsenic on me." she shrugged.

"What!? How are you not vomiting up blood and dead?!"

"Remember the chip that I gave you, I have one too. Stops poisoning.... well lessons the effect of it. So I'm only feeling queasy. Don't worry, I'll be better soon." she said snatching a sandwich and started eating.

"God! This is good, I can't remember the last time I ate."

"It was 3 days ago." I said, and she shrugged.

"Come on." I said, I grabbed my breakfast and ate it on the drive there. We both walked in, but on the walk to the meeting room, I stopped.

"Elsa, why don't you skip the meeting and rest. After arsenic, you are going to need it."

"Jack, I'll be fine." she said.

"Elsa please. You hardly sleep or eat anymore. I just want you to be taken care of, I love you, so please."

"Fine, I'll sleep." she said rolling her eyes. I smiled at her and gave her a peck on the lips, then she walked off towards her room. Even that peck made me feel guilty.

Am I being selfish, not breaking up with her? I know that she wants a kid more than anything, and I'm pretty sure after over 30 times I can't give her one. I know sacrifice is what we must do for the ones we love, and I refuse to give her up. I mean I know there are dozens of other men who would be able to give her a kid, but I just don't want to give her up.

I sighed and walked to the meeting. When I got there, everyone was already there and waiting.

M: Alrighty, now that we are all here, we need to descuss about the last two remaining Nightmare bases.

J: Actually it is one. Elsa just took down the one in Japan.

M: Alright, so the only one left is in the Artic. For this one, we are going to need everyone to go.