Investigating

Elsa's POV

When I woke up early in the morning, I realized that something was off. Jack wasn't in bed.

Okay, that is weird.

I got up and silently walked down the stairs, and looked around the house. I found him in the living room examining the wall and flamethrower.

Manny is such an idiot! I know because of Manny Jack didn't believe any of us, and Jack can't know about me almost losing the baby, at least not yet. I know he would be more happier if I told him now, but that could compromise the mission, and I will kill Pitch Black for everything he's ever done to me.

"Jack, what are you doing?" I asked.

"You said you fired a flamethrower in here, there are no burn marks anywhere." he said.

"While I was staying with Manny I had the furniture replaced and got the walls redone." I lied, "And yes I already had them swept for bugs."

"Oh......."

"Jack, what is really wrong?" I asked, "You never just leave bed like that."

"Nothing." he said.

I knew he still wasn't satisfied, but that would hold him off. I know the moment I told him he would be really pissed and all, but lets be serious, he wasn't going to leave me.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah, just a bit worked up after that God awful mission I guess." he said.

"Hey, it will be alright. At this point of time, I just learned to stop thinking about that stuff." I said.

"How?"

"Jack, it takes time. I just tell myself I was in it for business and that's it. Eventually I just stopped feeling things for that shit."

"You are a lot stronger than me Elsa." he said.

"Well I have been at this for a lot longer than you." I said, "Now why don't we go get some breakfast, and I'll do some training. Afterwards we can just relax okay. We can go over the plan tomorrow, I already have everything in line, so it won't take too long to set everything up."

"Okay then." Jack smiled at me, "I'll cook for you though."

"Sure." I smiled. He pecked my lips, then ran into the kitchen.

Yep, still my idiot alright.

Jack's POV

Elsa is working out right now, so I'm going over to Manny's place to grab her stuff and question him some more. Elsa is lying about the replacing wall stuff. She didn't know that I placed a hidden camera in the room. There is a guy who came in and tried to attack her, but she didn't kill him with a flamethrower, she used a gun.

I know Elsa doesn't lie to me for nothing, so this has to be big, and I want to find out what the hell she is hiding.

When I got over to Manny's and walked in. I always have a key on me, so I didn't really bother knocking.

"Manny! I'm here to get Elsa's stuff!" I called. Manny walked down in his suit, so either someone was here, or he was going somewhere.

"Right, I have it all packed up in the living room." he said. I nodded and went in there. There was a lot of stuff, so I had to make two trips to the car. When I finished packing everything I ran back inside.

"Manny, you are always honest with me, right?" I asked.

"Of course Jack." he said.

"What the hell is Elsa lying about then?" I asked and he went pale, "Manny, come on. She said a flamethrower, but according to the hidden cameras, there was no flamethrower involved."

"Jack, I want to tell you, but I promised Elsa I wouldn't." he said, "I am a man of my word."

"Manny, come on."

"Jack, listen. She will tell you herself, just be patient." he said. He started to walk out the door, but I ran and blocked the door.

"Oh no, neither of us are leaving until I get the truth." I said.

"Well then, we are going to be here for a while." Manny said.

"So be it." I said. I don't care how long this shit takes, I'm going to get to the bottom of this.