Meeting

Jack's POV

I woke up really early, so I could see Elsa sleeping beside me. She looked so beautiful the way the moon light hit her; her long hair looked like it was made of silver strands and her skin shimmered like freshly fallen snow.

How lucky am I to have her this close to me again?

I closed my eyes just in time to hear her alarm go off. It was pretty quiet, so that may be why I didn't hear it yesterday, but I heard it now. She stirred, and turned it off. I felt her get up and walk into the bathroom, then come out a few minutes later. She pressed her soft lips against my head, then I heard her leave the apartment.

That is when I got up. Today everyone was back, and that means we are having tryouts again. Every time a new agent joins the group, we have tryouts to see who the strongest leader would be, and there is no doubt in my mind that leader would be Elsa. She is not only physically strong, but also mentally. She doesn't let stuff get under her skin, and she never loses her focus. She has never let the hardships of her life bring her down. She accomplishes anything she wants, even when she is torn apart. She is a remarkably strong woman

Anyway I got up and took a long relaxing shower, put on my spy suit and weapons, then made breakfast for Elsa and I.

I have been trying to think of a place to take her for her birthday, but I'm not sure. I mean she has traveled the entire globe, had just about every dish, is well educated and cultured, and knows basically everything. Where should one take someone like her, someone that amazing?

I don't know,  but I wanted to think of something amazing. I love her so much, and she has never really had a birthday celebration or stuff like that since she was 12. She deserves the best and only that.

I finished making our breakfast, which was raspberry and ricotta cheese stuffed French toast. I made sure I sprinkled powered sugar and raspberries on top for garnishes, then got out the maple syrup for her......... what if she doesn't like maple syrup?

SHIT!!!!! What if she wants something else on top, and all I have is maple syrup!!!!!

I was about to run to the store, when Elsa walked in the door all sweaty.

"Morning!" she said, then pecked my lips, "Jack, what is wrong? You look like you are having a heart attack." she said looking at me.

"Do you like maple syrup?" I asked.

"Yeah......... why?" she asked slowly, and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank God."

"Okay, seriously. Why is that such a critical question? Is there a sniper across the roof ready to shoot you unless I like maple syrup?"

"No. I made you breakfast, but I wasn't sure if you liked maple syrup." I said.

"So you had a panic attack?" she asked.

 "Yeah, I just wanted to make something that you would like."

"Well, I had plans on skipping breakfast, so I'll eat it for lunch." she said.

"What?!" I asked.

"Yep, how much time until we have to be at the stupid agency?" she asked.

"Well, Anna's plane is arriving at 2 pm, but I thought we would meet up with the others before then." I said, "I'm going to guess around 5-6 hours."

"Well, you thought wrong about meeting with them early. I'm going to put the food and stuff up, and I expect you to be in the bedroom by the time I'm done." she said walking towards me and playing with the zipper on my suit, "Go on, and be a good boy." she slapped my butt.