Watermelons and Grapes

Elsa's POV

Our mission is over, and my lives goal has been fulfilled. I still haven't taken over the agency, which to me is a relief. When I did that meant I couldn't do missions anymore, and I had to take on the new role as the boss. That to me was not my style. I was not the type of girl to just sit behind a desk giving the orders while everyone else has all the fun. I liked to get all bloody, I loved getting violent, and God how I loved fun. Daddy sure as hell didn't raise no damsel in distress.

Jack is trying to encourage me to do so because of the kids. He says the kids need a mother, and by doing missions they could lose theirs. Sadly, even his pleas aren't enough to change my mind. I'm a field agent through and through, and he knows that. From birth I was built and programed for killing. I'm just grateful Manny sees my side, and his chemo seems to be going well so far, so hopefully he will be able to take up the spot for a few more years. If that fails, I'm going to give it to Anna. I love my sister, but she is not cut out for being an agent, at least one like me, or even like I used to be at least. She was trained from the amitures, she's better behind a desk... safer. Manny still refuses to let me go to the office because I look like I have a large bomb in me, and he wants those healthy grandkids.

Sitting around wasn't exactly my style, but I made the best of it that I could. I worked on the nursery, making it white and gold, medieval royal themed, with real diamonds cut into the shape of stars on the ceiling. It was truly beautiful and one of a kind, like I'm sure the children would be, and it cost a fortune. Jack and I though weren't willing to do anything less for our children, especially with all the money we had. We intended on spoiling those children rotten.

I don't know what we are going to do with the kids and the fact of the agency. I don't want them to be forced into it like I was, but there will always be people coming after us, and I don't want them to be in the dark and unprepared. This was a difficult matter, and I was unaware of how to handle it. Jack's opinion was a strict no, but these kids will likely have powers, and people will be after them. I know even when I left the agency and retired, there was always people after me and had it not been for my hard training and beginning of life, I would have not survived. I'm just hoping the answer to this question will come to me later on down the line.

I wanted to say that Jack was home here with me, but at the moment, he was speaking on both of our behalf in Washington DC. I was too big and far along to fly on an air plane at the moment, and because Jack is overly cautious, he didn't want me driving either. That might be a good thing though, because last time I was in Washington DC. talking to them, I may have been only a child, but I insulted the hell out of them, and lets just say they do not like me very much. That meant though I was here alone. There was no maids around because I shoot things... or people during bad mood swings, and no one wants to be around for that, that or they wouldn't be around afterwards at all. Thankfully it wasn't so bad because I have been alone for so long, it's normal to me, so I don't mind it as much as someone like Anna would. Besides, I only had to hang in here for only a few more days, then Jack would be home, and then in two weeks time I'll be able to bring home two bundles of joy into this large home.

There have been a few people who have tried to break in here though while Jack was gone. They weren't Nightmares, but I still have plenty more enemies out there. I did snub and betray a lot of gangs and drug dealers, piss a lot of people off, and all that jazz. I basically made everyone who I worked with in the past hate me with a burning passion, it was one of my many talents. So let's just assume at the moment nobody shady likes me, and would strike me down with the fires of a thousand suns if they saw me. They thought with Jack gone I was pregnant and defenseless, and of they were sadly mistaken. I may be the pregnant one, but I'm still the man of the house. I learned many ways to fight without stressing one bit. Didn't have to do anything though, because the home security I have here takes a more.... aggressive approach. By aggressive I mean you walk on the lot without the right DNA, and ashes, ashes, you're going down. The last guy never made four feet in front of the gate.