Chapter 37 ~ Alex or Dan

Dan's P.O.V
"Alex, what are you doing?" Phil asked, I was kind of shocked by his tone, he sounded so angry.
It felt wrong listening to them, but I knew Alex was plotting something.
Alex didn't say anything, I noticed the door was slightly cracked open I peered through to see Alex sat on Phil's bed as Phil paced around the room.
"You're making things weird!" Phil sighed.
"Why do you care, aren't you over him?"
Over who? I hated that I had no idea what they were talking about.
"He hurt me. I don't know what to think anymore. I don't want to think about him like that Alex, he'll ruin me all over again and we finally fixed everything do not fuck things up!" Phil said angrily.
I winced at his tone, I've only rarely seen Phil like this.
"Phil you don't need him, come live with me, I can give you everything you need" Alex said calmly standing up off the bed.
"What?!" Phil asked unsure.
What? Phil wouldn't leave me... Alex can't have him I won't let him. I clenched my fists angrily and stared daggers into Alex.
"Come be with me. I love you Phil, you can't stay with Dan forever, Dan's going to meet someone".
No.
"He'll start a new life, a new family".
Phil is my family.
"Without you".
Fuck you.
"Dan wouldn't..." Phil mumbled.
"What? You're going to stay in this small apartment and grow old together? Keep him tied to you like a pet?"
Phil whimpered slightly and tears rolled suddenly down his cheeks.
"Dan can leave any time he wants". He whispered.
Alex smiled.
"So can you, so Phil, choose me". He muttered, holding Phil by the arms and leaning in to whisper in his ear.
I couldn't hear them at this point, Phil stepped back after Alex whispered to him and wiped his tears frantically.

Phil's P.O.V
"Look at the mess he's made of you, he doesn't love you like I do".

Dan's P.O.V
"You're drunk, Alex".
Alex laughed heartily.
"Indeed, but does that really change how I feel?" He asked.
"We should get back to the party" Phil said decidedly, turning to the door and walking towards me.
My heart flooded into panic as I stepped back from the door anxiously.
"Phil". I heard, Alex's voice say.
It was quiet for a moment, I peered round the door to see Alex, holding Phil by the shoulders, and pushing him back against the wall.
"Alex, no". Phil said firmly.
Alex leaned in kissing Phil quickly on the lips, and smiling to himself.
"Why?!" Phil snapped.
"I can't believe I only got to do that once before". Alex sighed, kissing Phil again, then kissing his cheek.
"Alex please, stop this you're going to regret it".
"No I won't, trust me". Alex sighed.
I wanted to burst through the door and hit him, over and over for hurting Phil, but I couldn't move. My stomach went tight and my throat felt dry.
"Please don't" Phil said, sounding genuinely upset.
Alex kissed him again more forcefully, not letting Phil pull away as he deepened the kiss.
I stumbled forwards angrily, my legs fizzed with restraint and my fists burned with anger.
I stood there in Phil's doorway staring down at the floor.
"D-dan?" Phil sobbed, he sounded so broken.
"Get away from him". I said darkly. Not moving once.
"Dan, this doesn't conce-" Alex started.
"I'll kill you, I swear to god I'll kill you, get away from him right now" I spat, lifting my head and giving Alex a cold stare.
"P-please don't do this now" Phil said shakily.
Alex stepped away from Phil.
"I should have guessed! Dan's here to save the day. Never far are you? You don't even care about Phil in the way I do... You never have!" He cried furiously.
"Leave. Now. Go out there" I said pointing to where the party was.
"Or what? You're going to kill me?" He sneered.
"No!" Phil shouted. "What's wrong with you? Both of you, what is this? Get out now, I need to be alone".
Alex turned to him and reached out.
"Phil-"
"No! Leave! Get away from me!" He pleaded, I felt awful, he was so shaken up and confused.
"Look Phil-"
"Don't come near me Dan, I can't look at you right now" he said starting to cry again.
I nodded, and did as he asked, turning and leaving the room, closing the door behind me as Alex followed.
"He's so...ugh" Alex groaned.
"Shut up" I sighed, walking back to the party.
"Dan! Hey man where you been?" PJ asked, his girlfriend clinging to his arm.
"No where" I sighed
"It's a great party right Peej?" His girlfriend asked happily.
I looked up as PJ tore his eyes from where Chris was and nodded.
"Just go talk to him" I groaned, walking towards the door.
"Where are you going?" PJ asked ignoring my statement.
"Fresh air" I said simply.
I slammed the front door behind me, though through the music I doubt they heard.
I walked down the stairs, angrily, I'd never cared this little as to if I was being noisy, I was too damn over all this bullshit to care about the neighbours right now.
"Dan!" I heard behind me.
I turned round reaching the last step.
"Calm down" Alex chuckled.
"Get away from me, do not follow me down here". I hissed.
He rolled his eyes " You're such a drama queen! "
I turned to the entrance of our building and stepped outside, it was dark, and slightly cold but I didn't care. It was worse in there.
"Running from your problem's won't make you skinnier". Alex laughed while opening the door to follow me out.
"Piss off" I growled. I wasn't in the mood.
"You're too easy" He said, standing beside me and looking up at the sky.
"What do you want now?" I sighed, I just wanted him to get to the point.
"Are you in love with Phil? Because I am, and I won't let you have him. Not ever again" He said, still using a hushed calm tone, and smiling at me.
"What's the matter with you? I never even planned to act on my feelings... I certainly wouldn't force kisses upo-"
I stopped there and wanted to cry at the memory, I had forced Phil into kissing me. Many times in fact.
"Uh-oh Danny has some issues" Alex chuckled.
"You're my only issue" I snarled facing him and scowling coldly.
"I love Phil, you can't have him, I'm not going anywhere". He laughed.
I opened my mouth to fight back but really couldn't face arguing about this all night, I just stared up at the stars.

A/N
Team Alex or team Dan?