Chapter One - Drunk

PJ's P.O.V

Chris clung to my arm giggling, slightly intoxicated, why did he decide to have this stupid party anyway? He always has the worst ideas, but the best intentions.

"Phil's coming! Oh! Look PJ Phil and Dan are here!" He laughed jumping around like an excited child, motioning to Dan and Phil stood carefree by the doorway.

"I'm going to say Hi okay? Take care, don't puke on anything expensive okay?" I said half joking.

I headed towards the direction of Dan and Phil, Phil talking to some guy Chris invited and Dan with a hand in his pocket on his phone.

"hey" I said unsurely, not knowing if either of them would notice me.

Phil spun round and his face lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Peej!" He said happily before his eyes flicked to Dan on his phone.

'Dan!' He hissed anxiously.

Dan glanced up steadily.

"Oh right! Sorry Peej, How are you? Where's Chris?" He said quickly trying to make conversation.

"Oh Chris could be anywhere to be honest! He's slightly.. Tipsy" I chuckled.

Phil stared at me for a second smiling contently, as though he knew something I didn't.

"Oh, shouldn't leave him alone too long then should we Peej? You'd get awfully worried" He smirked.

"I.. Suppose? Yeah" I nodded truthfully.

As if on queue Chris' voice interrupted Phil's uncomfortable stare.

"Can we play a drinking game now my bestest friends are here! pur-lease!" He yelled dragging our the e.

I sighed, but chuckled none the less.

"That sounds fun!" Phil laughed, Dan smiled over at him fondly.

Did Dan realise he looked at Phil like that? Did Phil?

"I'll play if Phil does, sure" He said nervously keeping his eyes on Phil as though he thought he would lose him.

"Pj, Zoe, Charlie, Dan, Phil, Anyone else! come sit in a circle!" Chris cheered happily.

Phil grinned widely and hurried over to Chris.

I glanced at Dan who was watching Phil like a hawk, chewing his lip anxiously.

I sighed and grabbed a cup of alcohol from the table handing it to him, he was going to be paranoid all night if he didn't loosen up a bit.

"Oh, thanks PJ" He said dryly, staring at the fluid before sighing and drinking it quickly.

He screwed up his face in disapproval, but grabbed another before sitting beside Phil in the circle.

Phil's P.O.V

PJ soon rushed over to join the circle and Chris decided we should play truth or dare, if we forfeit we must throw back a full cup of alcohol and do 7 minutes in heaven with a chosen partner.

I didn't like the sound of those things.

"Ready?" He asked, practically staring into my soul.

The several people in the group nodded.

He grinned. "Pj! Truth or Dare" He chuckled.

"Dare" He sighed, immediately regretting his choice as Chris smiled devilishly.

"Kiss... Hm.. Meghan!" He laughed "For, a minute. With tongue"

Poor Peej. Poor Meghan.

"Fine" He sighed, receiving multiple wolf-whistles, including Dan, who had now drank too much to take him seriously.

Pj and Meghan shuffled together anxiously avoiding eye contact.

He suddenly turned to her pressing his lips onto hers, causing her eyes to widen in shock, but fall again as she relaxed against the movement of his mouth.

"Jesus Christ, there really going for it aye Phil?" Dan giggled from beside me.

I nodded looking at Chris.

Who cheered loudly and clapped but stopped for a moment to stare at PJ. And I saw it.

At least I think I did.

I saw what pure longing looked like in a person.

The emotion spread across his face, starting at his eyes.

Once wide and full of energy, then fell and darkened, his eyebrows furrowed as though he was confused and he then bit down on his own lip.

He clenched his fists for the last 12 seconds before PJ pulled away breathlessly.

Meghan, blushed pure red before wiping her mouth.

Chris smiled again.

"Enjoy that? Bet you loved it! You're welcome" He giggled ruffling PJ's curls. PJ just blushed and grinned at Chris, sitting by his side again.

PJ then spoke up, "Dan. Truth or Dare"

Dan looked up happily, clearly pleased he was being acknowledged.

"Truth" He said.

"Pussy!" A boy jeered from the back table.

"I'm the closest you'll get to pussy you twat!" Dan mocked back.

I grinned happily as Dan stood up for himself, sometimes I forgot Dan could manage just fine without me, he was really growing up.
Five years ago. Philisnotonfire was five years ago! That's insane. Dan was so fragile then, never leaving my side, so in awe that I was his friend, but it couldn't of been anyone else, I never believed much in 'fate'. But in my eyes me and Dan are the closest thing.

He's still as lovely, and carefree and strange.

"What's the deal with you and Phil? Do you like him, are you thing?" PJ asked, I knew it wasn't to stir anything. He looked really confused. I was just as confused as him.

"Me and Phil are not and never have been a thing, and our feelings as far as I know are fully platonic. Just friends!" He said hastily.

My stomach churned. That didn't sound right to describe me and Dan.
Just friends.

"Excuse me" I mumbled before standing up and walking towards the drinks table, it'd be a long night. I didn't want to worry about what Dan said. I'd never stop thinking.

I needed to do that. Just, stop thinking.

I picked up the cup and swallowed the contents down.

It stung on my throat a little and it was bitter. But it'd work.

----------------------------
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

I drank six of them.

I stumbled around the apartment not knowing when my senses had left, but that they were definitely not here.